New map of Yamna admixture (Eurogenes Steppe K10)

In Chwałyńsk, it was one guy, obviously killed
by locals and through into pit. How can he be
representative for all population...? Especially,
that Q is obviously representative for syberian
populations, and this one was not original to
that local folk.

So it turns out that some Russian Turkic guys like Tatar, Bashkir might be more Indo-European than the Europeans themselves?

So it turns out that some Russian Turkic guys like Tatar, Bashkir might be more Indo-European than the Europeans themselves?
Maybe few very secluded groups in Central Asia can resemble original IE genetics better than modern Europeans, perhaps. Definitely not Turkic or Tatar groups. Their ethnogenesis is very late, and happened after East Asian genotype had entered the Steppe. People from Yamnaya don't have East Asian admixture.

Maybe few very secluded groups in Central Asia can resemble original IE genetics better than modern Europeans, perhaps. Definitely not Turkic or Tatar groups. Their ethnogenesis is very late, and happened after East Asian genotype had entered the Steppe. People from Yamnaya don't have East Asian admixture.

They have higher steppe admixture according to the map. That makes sense since some Indo-European steppe people inhabited the area before Turks came there.

They have higher steppe admixture according to the map. That makes sense since some Indo-European steppe people inhabited the area before Turks came there.
Turkic from Turkey and Tatars in Eastern Europe are heavily mixed with local population. It would be nice to see this admixture in Tatar tribes in East Asia or Turkic groups from east steppe.

Similarities between IE expansion and America colonization

Looking at the map of the Yamnaya admixture in Europe, I recall the situation in North America: In the area that today belongs to USA & Canada, very few original inhabitants DNA was left... but in Mexico; there is a substantial and evident proportion of amerindian admixture. I think this has to do with to causes, both of which could be applied to the expansion of the IE peoples:

a) in the North, the native population was more scarce, and thus, the indoeuropeans wiped off that people, or restricted dramatically their demographics. Further south, in the European SW, there was a more dense population that remained in place in a larger proportion, but that was nevertheless assimilated in many ways to the new comers. So they took the IE speech (with the exception of the basques. But amerindian languages survived in many places of latin-America aswell), but their genetic composition didn't change that much.

b) Interestingly, in Central and Northern Europe there is also a larger proportion of Yamna mtDNA, which suggests a large scale migration that involved entire families -men, women and children. In South America and Southern Europe; the new comers where mainly armored men; that took local wives. This explains the lower occurrence of Yamna mtDNA, and in the basque case, explains the persistence of the pre-IE language.

I was directed here from the link below. Interesting that Yamna culture is so mixed. I have a sneaking suspicion that either the Eurogene Steepes K10 is not accurate or the WHG percentage in Yamna is a proxy of Near-Eastern Caucasian. My reasoning for the later guesses is that the Caucasus was already a Blend of Ydna J and G tribes in the Early Neolithic and Ydna J is related to Ydna I. If this is the case, the Caucasian Neolithic would have been carrying WHG like admixture

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/neolithic_europe_map.shtml#early_neolithic

Ancient Genomes according to Steppes K10
La-Brana: 97.4% WHG, (2.2% Oceanian, .4% South East Asian; note that the Aurignacian Culture was of Ydna C and H2 tribes and the Polynesian and Australian Aborigiones carry a large amount of Ydna C)
LBK: 74.5% Near-Eastern, .3% Oceanian , 24.7% WHG, .3% Steepe

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33075-Dodecad-Eurogenes-admixture-for-Yamna-genomes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hum...media/File:World_Map_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroups.png

Okay I think I have found the WHG confusion in the Yamna Culture on Steepes K10. It appears that MA1; Mr. Mal'ta Boy carried 16% WHG-SHG; not to mention some Siberian/Amerindian, Steepe and to a smaller extent, Oceanian and Sub-Saharan as well. Now that Mal'ta Boy possessed so much WHG, how did it get there?​
Here are some Hypothesis that I've thought off, please feel free to Scrutinize and/or add a more likely scenario.​
*What sort of interaction did the Grevittian Culture had with Mr.Mal'ta's ancestors?​
* As a side note, Mtdna U was possessed by both Mal'ta Boy and the Mesolithic Europeans but not Ancient Americans; this would explains their lack of WHG if this is correct.​
*Steepes K10 could probably have picked up some Genetic noise from Mal'ta Boy; not likely since the percentage numbers are too huge.

Here is the Steepes K10 spreadsheet of the 3 Prehistoric European Genomes.​
Ancient Genomes according to Steppes K10
La-Brana: 97.4% WHG, (2.2% Oceanian, .4% South East Asian; note that the Aurignacian Culture was of Ydna C and H2 tribes and the Polynesian and Australian Aborigiones carry a large amount of Ydna C)

LBK: 74.5% Near-Eastern, .3% Oceanian , 24.7% WHG, .3% Steepe​

Ma1: Siberian:1.6%, Oceanian:3.3%, WHG:16.3%, Sub-Saharan:0.5%, Hindu-Kush:24.4%, Steepe:33.8%, Amerindian: 20.1%

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 74284 times.

Back