Post your "genetically predicted place of origin" (based on Eurogenes K36 results)

F999967 Yamna sample placed in Northeastern Latvia.
F999942 Yamna placed somewhere between Finland and Sweden in the Baltic sea.

F999951 Czech sample from Unetice culture (or is it Corded Ware?) placed in Worcester, UK. Wow, this one looks really proto-Celtic.

F999967 Yamna sample placed in Northeastern Latvia.
F999942 Yamna placed somewhere between Finland and Sweden in the Baltic sea.
Good idea to check on ancients. Welcome to Eupedia Syky.

F999951 Czech sample from Unetice culture (or is it Corded Ware?) placed in Worcester, UK. Wow, this one looks really proto-Celtic.
We suspected Czechs of strong celtic connection through their strong R1b Y DNA.

We suspected Czechs of strong celtic connection through their strong R1b Y DNA.

Thanks for your welcome.

Especially South Bohemians have more R1b. But I think Czechs are more Celtomaniacs then Celts :) I would post a picture with regional percentages of haplogroups, but I have to reach 10 posts first.

Fermi: If you have Gedmatch account, go to Admixture and calculate your Eurogenes K36 and put the results into the table from the first post.

Oops drowned! Sailorman.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvChjHcABPA

Population
Italian18.97
Near_Eastern14.61
East_Med13.24
Iberian12.01
West_Caucasian5.90
West_Med5.77
Armenian5.54
East_Balkan5.51
North_Caucasian5.42
North_Sea3.82
Arabian2.74
East_Central_Euro2.22
North_African1.85
North_Atlantic1.29

This places me around the Greek island of Kasos, just East of Crete. According to Homer, Kasos contributed ships towards the Trojan War:

Kasos.jpg

Population
Italian18.97
Near_Eastern14.61
East_Med13.24
Iberian12.01
West_Caucasian5.90
West_Med5.77
Armenian5.54
East_Balkan5.51
North_Caucasian5.42
North_Sea3.82
Arabian2.74
East_Central_Euro2.22
North_African1.85
North_Atlantic1.29

This places me around the Greek island of Kasos, just East of Crete. According to Homer, Kasos contributed ships towards the Trojan War:

View attachment 8271
Isn't it interesting. I saw you shifted towards Near East on Harappa run.

Screenshot_2016-12-12-01-51-22.jpg
It put me in Kremitzaue, Germany I think it's a bit too west for being 3/4 slovak though ancestry.com did list me as having quite high "Irish" in their test so maybe it shifts me quite far west. I did my father as well and it put him in Kolonia, Poland well over 300 km away from his birthplace of preselany, slovakia

I cant post mine because my post count is too low for links, but Im in the Aegean Sea....south of Athens, and West of Crete. .

I cant post mine because my post count is too low for links, but Im in the Aegean Sea....south of Athens, and West of Crete. .

You ended up West of Crete and I ended up East of Crete - I have this big Eastern component that keeps dragging me in that direction.

Ya, but thats because I have elevated North Sea. Although my West Asian is half that of yours. My East med is higher, and a lot of my other components are the same as yours.

My father is from Vologda and Kostroma regions, Russia. He was placed in the Sebezh district of the Pskov region - about 1000 km to the West.

My mother is from Belgorod region, Russia. Placed in Liubytiv village, Kovel district, Volyn region, Ukraine - the same 1000 km to the West.

Joey D - Honestly, I think thats normal for an South Italian/Sicilian. On GEDmatch I usually end up as 80-90% South Italian with the rest being Nordic, depending on the reference. My Mom is Jewish and Scottish, so If I am the average of my parents, my Dad would be pulled further South-East than me. Right about where you are.

My father is from Vologda and Kostroma regions, Russia. He was placed in the Sebezh district of the Pskov region - about 1000 km to the West.
It's normal because ethnic Russians are a genetically European people and highly related to other central eastern Europeans so genetically they will be placed to their more "ancestral home" with other people they genetically cluster with.

This thread has been viewed 92817 times.

Back