The 13 Smartest Presidents in U.S. History

DejaVu, I fixed your link so it works. If the cite isn't underlined it won't work. You can correct it yourself by just highlighting it and underlining.

That said, I don't buy the list at all. You can't estimate IQ at this kind of a distance reliably, in my opinion. In the case of Franklin Roosevelt, for example, he only got "gentlemen's C's" at university. Before I believe IQ data, I want to see either actual score results, or SAT scores, or grades in rigorous courses at university.

Using that criteria, the only one I'd be inclined to believe is Jimmy Carter because he graduated in nuclear engineering, if my memory serves. Meanwhile, I don't think he was a very good President. Once a person has a certain base IQ, I think other qualities are much more important.

DejaVu, I fixed your link so it works. If the cite isn't underlined it won't work. You can correct it yourself by just highlighting it and underlining.

That said, I don't buy the list at all. You can't estimate IQ at this kind of a distance reliably, in my opinion. In the case of Franklin Roosevelt, for example, he only got "gentlemen's C's" at university. Before I believe IQ data, I want to see either actual score results, or SAT scores, or grades in rigorous courses at university.

Using that criteria, the only one I'd be inclined to believe is Jimmy Carter because he graduated in nuclear engineering, if my memory serves. Meanwhile, I don't think he was a very good President. Once a person has a certain base IQ, I think other qualities are much more important.

I forgot to mention that if Richard Nixon isn't on that list (sorry, I didn't look at all the screens), then it really is bogus. From what I remember his was the highest score ever recorded for the notoriously difficult New York State Bar Exam, the test for admission to practice as an attorney in New York. Now, that means something to me.

Obviously, morality and intellect don't necessarily go hand in hand either.

The Top-1 of the most hilarious US presidents:
1. Trump

We will see if it is a tragic-comedy or just a comedy. But right now he entertains the whole planet as nobody ever before him. I even started to watch Colbert for the latest Trump funny quotes.

So what qualifies a good President? I would say:
IQ + EQ + LQ + 5xMotivation
divide it all by 8
LQ stands for likeablitity :)
Which is something Bush Sr once and Hillary Clinton failed in.

I forgot to mention that if Richard Nixon isn't on that list (sorry, I didn't look at all the screens), then it really is bogus. From what I remember his was the highest score ever recorded for the notoriously difficult New York State Bar Exam, the test for admission to practice as an attorney in New York. Now, that means something to me.

Obviously, morality and intellect don't necessarily go hand in hand either.

Richard Nixon was famously known as "Iron-Ass" not for being tough but for sitting in the library studying all the time as a student.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1971/03/25/nix/

Nixon was #16 on the list, it claimed he had an IQ of 131, I would be skeptical of it being that mediocre. (Great for the general population, doesn't seem to fit the man.)

This thread has been viewed 4781 times.

Back