Sjaak

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Aruban and Curacaon
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2a1b1a
mtDNA haplogroup
L3e2b1a2
Does anybody has information about the ydna J2a1b1a? according to ftdna I am J-L556 and thats listed on the Isogg/Ysogg Y-dna tree 2016 as J2a1b1a. i can not find that much info about it, only for j2a1, j2a1b, and j2a1b1. I am half Aruban and half Curacaon (small islands in the Dutch Caribbean near Venezuela)

Does anybody has information about the ydna J2a1b1a? according to ftdna I am J-L556 and thats listed on the Isogg/Ysogg Y-dna tree 2016 as J2a1b1a. i can not find that much info about it, only for j2a1, j2a1b, and j2a1b1. I am half Aruban and half Curacaon (small islands in the Dutch Caribbean near Venezuela)
According to Maciamo's J2 page, J-L556 is a descendant of J2a1-M67
J2a1-M67 is the most common subclade in the Caucasus (Vainakhs, Ingushs, Chechens, Georgians, Ossetians, Balkars) and in the Levant (Lebanese, Jews). It is also common in western India, the Arabian Peninsula, Anatolia (esp. north-west), Greece (esp. Crete), Italy (esp. Marche and Abruzzo) and Iberia. M67 was probably a major Bronze Age lineage expanding from the Caucasus to Greece to the west and the Indus valley to the east.
Source from this link: http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J2_Y-DNA.shtml Your surname; as well as your Ydna is inherited from your father's father's father's father's father's...... So your J-L556 you inherited the lineage only from your direct ancestors.

So where did J2a1b1a originated? Perhaps in Southern Europe? And I actually have my mothers surname, not my fathers.

Last edited:
So where did J2a1b1a originated? Perhaps in Southern Europe? And I actually have my mothers surname, not my fathers.
That's cool, wecan work with that :). Typically M67 is west Asian with some occupancies in North Africa and Southern Europe. In this case there is a J-L556 project that claims that they directly descended from the Jews. It appears that both islands were controlled by the Spanish before Holland and many Sephardic Jews converted to Catholicism due to the Alhambra Decree. A second wave of Sepharic Jews came to Curaçao with the Dutch.

Last edited:
Yeah I know about the history of Sephardic Jews in the ABC islands, but I was told that I do not have Sephardic ancestry because of my 23andme results.

Yeah I know about the history of Sephardic Jews in the ABC islands, but I was told that I do not have Sephardic ancestry because of my 23andme results.
Is it okay if I can get your 23andme results? I'll try to see how L556 ended up in Judaism. Anyways, I order that you find your direct ancestry, it is imperative to find the surname of your Biological father, otherwise it's going to be wild guesses unfortunately. The ydna is 5500 years old with surnames in England, Germany and the Alps; but no Holland or Spain so I recommend finding your biological father's surname.

I know my biologically father (I see him almost every day, my parents just split up thats all). His last name is Van Putten.

I need 10 posts to add links, and I only have 4 (this is goig to be my 5th).

But my 23andme resuts were:

74,3% SSA
68.1% West African
2.8 % Central and South African
0.3 % East African
3.0% Broadly SSA

25,2% European.
3.8% British and Irish
2.4%Scandinavian
1.2% Frendh and German
11.6% Broadly Northwestern European (Dutch)

2.1% Broadly Southern European.
4.1% Broadly European.

DNA.Land I got alot of Southern euro for some reason, 4.8% (Sardinian and Southwestern european).

I know my biologically father (I see him almost every day, my parents just split up thats all). His last name is Van Putten. I need 10 posts to add links, and I only have 4 (this is goig to be my 5th).But my 23andme resuts were:74,3% SSA68.1% West African 2.8 % Central and South African0.3 % East African3.0% Broadly SSA25,2% European.3.8% British and Irish2.4%Scandinavian1.2% Frendh and German11.6% Broadly Northwestern European (Dutch)2.1% Broadly Southern European.4.1% Broadly European.DNA.Land I got alot of Southern euro for some reason, 4.8% (Sardinian and Southwestern european).
Okay so it looks like Van Putten is Dutch according to houseofnames.com, so since J-L556 dates to 3500 BC and the lineage tends to spread to multiple countries, I think it's safe to say that This explaination applies
Middle-Eastern and European J2a: from Kura-Araxes to the Greeks and RomansIt is very likely that J2a, J1 and G2a were the three dominant male lineages the Early Bronze Age Kura-Araxes culture, which expanded from the South Caucasus to eastern Anatolia, northern Mesopotamia and the western Iran. From then on, J2 men would have definitely have represented a sizeable portion of the population of Bronze and Iron Age civilizations such as the Hurrians, the Assyrians or the Hittites. It is very possible that bronze technology spread from the South Caucasus across the Iranian plateau until the Indus Valley, giving rise to the Harappan Civilisation (see below).The high incidence of J2a in Italy is owed in great part to the migration of the Etruscans from western Anatolia to central and northern Italy, and to the Greek colonisation of southern Italy. Immigration from the eastern Mediterranean to Rome during the Roman Empire, then from Anatolia, Thrace and Greece during the Byzantine period (particularly in north-eastern Italy) further increased the incidence of J2 in the peninsula.The Phoenicians, Jews, Greeks and Romans all contributed to the presence of J2a in Iberia. The particularly strong frequency of J2a and other Near Eastern haplogroups (J1, E1b1b, T) in the south of the Iberian peninsula, suggest that the Phoenicians and the Carthaginians played a more decisive role than other peoples. This makes sense considering that they were the first to arrive, founded the greatest number of cities (including Gadir/Cadiz, Iberia's oldest city), and their settlements match almost exactly the zone where J2 is found at a higher frequency in southern Andalusia.The Romans probably helped spread haplogroup J2 within their borders, judging from the distribution of J2 within Europe (frequency over 5%), which bears an uncanny resemblance to the borders of the Roman Empire (once concessions are made for the Germanic invasions that appear to have lowered the frequency of J2 between Belgium and Switzerland).The highest concentrations of J2a in Europe are found in Crete (32% of the population) and Calabria (26%). J2a-M319, one of the principal J2 subclades in Greece, Italy and Western Europe, reaches is maximum frequency in Crete (6-9%).
Source: http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J2_Y-DNA.shtml

So that means that my Dutch ancestor got his paternal haplogroup from a Italian (Roman)?

So that means that my Dutch ancestor got his paternal haplogroup from a Italian (Roman)?
Yes at least according to current reaserch, your Ydna is most likely roman diffusion. ^_^

Its very confusing lol, too bad that I didnt had a ydna which was easy to find regarding finding information. So my lineage came from western anatolia (since J2a in italy is due to etruscans) and than it went from Italy to the Netherlands. So I got it from a Dutch ancestor, my dutch ancestor got it from a Italian ancestor, and that Italian ancestor got it from a Anatolian ancestor. Strange.

Its very confusing lol, too bad that I didnt had a ydna which was easy to find regarding finding information. So my lineage came from western anatolia (since J2a in italy is due to etruscans) and than it went from Italy to the Netherlands. So I got it from a Dutch ancestor, my dutch ancestor got it from a Italian ancestor, and that Italian ancestor got it from a Anatolian ancestor. Strange.

There is no evidence J2a in Italy is due to Etruscans and it went from Italy to the Netherlands.

According to Yfull, J-L556 is quite spread in Eastern Europe. The only Italian is from Veneto.

https://yfull.com/tree/J-L556/

This thread has been viewed 10772 times.

Back