Bagpipe Music

Nice landscape, it reminds me of Posada.

As one Romanian said on some forum,"if there wouldn't have been Posada..."

Bagpipes speak to my soul, when I hear the music, I can feel it....

For me at least, bagpipes should always be associated with dancing and should be accompanied by drums. If you want to play a sad dirge song use the clarinet or the violin.

For me at least, bagpipes should always be associated with dancing and should be accompanied by drums. If you want to play a sad dirge song use the clarinet.

There you go. :)

La Giga di Zeri...alta Lunigiana near the border with Emilia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPyNvUPT2xM

Almost always the dances in the village squares on the weekends were the waltz, the mazurka and the polka. Later on also the tango, but NOT the tango of the current tv dance shows.

The giga was a relict, almost gone now, unlike Irish dancing.

For me at least, bagpipes should always be associated with dancing and should be accompanied by drums. If you want to play a sad dirge song use the clarinet or the violin.

you mean such? like W Thrace

or like this, C Makedonia

you mean such? like W Thrace

or like this, C Makedonia

The second one is bipolar. Does it want to be a slow song, a fast one? Plus I don't think that gaida and clarinet go together well. Both are dominant instruments and they should not play at the same time. They can be in the same song but they should not play at the same time. In the second song, just the clarinet should play. This is not a gaida song.

The second one is bipolar. Does it want to be a slow song, a fast one? Plus I don't think that gaida and clarinet go together well. Both are dominant instruments and they should not play at the same time. They can be in the same song but they should not play at the same time. In the second song, just the clarinet should play. This is not a gaida song.

Zourna,
not clarinet,
it is clear a zourna sound.

Portuguese bagpipes.
This dance descends from ancient warrior dances with swords, now replaced by sticks.
The recording quality is not ideal, but for this specific tune it was the best I found on YouTube, it's enough to enjoy it.

Last edited:
This one is blended with modern music in a concert, which is definitely interesting haha

Aromanian Vlach bagpipe

This thread has been viewed 17173 times.

Back