What language does Armenian sound like?

What language does Armenian sound like? MULTIPLE CHOICE!

• Total voters
In the first a few second, it sounds like combination of Arabic & Russian

Interesting...
I think Russian and Arabic are very different from Armenian.
If you had to choose the options on the poll which would you choose?

I thought pronunciation was like cross of Arabic and Turkish.

it sounds strange. you can't compare it to any language.

armenian sounds like... 'armenian'?

So far I have been told our language sounds a lot like Georgian. I think this is fair, though Georgian and Armenian have nothing in common in origin, we share virtually all phonemes, so the pronunciation is similar. I am curious what Armenian sound like to the rest of you.

Do you have a problem? You ask a question ONCE.

I thought pronunciation was like cross of Arabic and Turkish.

To be honest to me it always sounded like a mix of Georgian with some Indo_Aryan language. Especially the abrupt endig sounds/words.

I don't feel anything Arabic about it.

To be honest to me it always sounded like a mix of Georgian with some Indo_Aryan language. Especially the abrupt endig sounds/words.

I don't feel anything Arabic about it.
Not knowing these languages completely I can only judge by general melody and standing out features of pronunciation. For that reason Georgian sound to me more like slavic.

Not knowing these languages completely I can only judge by general melody and standing out features of pronunciation. For that reason Georgian sound to me more like slavic.

Yes Georgian does sound more like Slavic. I don't think Armenian sounds exactly like Georgian thats why I wrote it sounds like a mix of Georgian and Indo_Aryan.

Armenian has an unique sound.

Arabic.

You must renew the language by removing pre-IE, caucasian
and arabic words replacing them by european words :innocent:

Arabic.

You clearly have no idea what Arabic sounds like.

"European words" just lol :LOL:

Arabic.

Sir Rethel, you clearly don't know what Arabic sounds like. Arabic is a Southern Semitic language, it comes from the Arabian peninsula. Armenian comes from the Armenian highlands: from Caucasus and East Anatolia.

What words would you use to describe the sound of the language?

soft or hard
fluent (flows easily) or abrupt (has abrupt stops)
vibrant or plain
poetic or prose

Interesting,

Thanks for your opinion, I was curious what Turks thought about our language, but both of the languages you listed are light years away from Armenian, the way I see it.

Arabic is a Southern Semitic language and stems from the Arabian peninsula, while Armenian comes from the Armenian highlands: East Anatolia, Caucasus, Northern Mesopotamia, and is an independent branch of the Indoeuropean language family.

Arabic has throat sounds like 'q' and 'ayin', that Indoeuropean languages, like Armenian, lack. Arabic also has glottal stops, which sound like interruptions in speech. These stops are symbolized by the letter 'alif'.

To me, Russian sounds incredibly different from Armenian. To Russians, our language sounds "ethnic".

Interesting,

Thanks for your opinion, I was curious what Turks thought about our language, but both of the languages you listed are light years away from Armenian, the way I see it.

Arabic is a Southern Semitic language and stems from the Arabian peninsula, while Armenian comes from the Armenian highlands: East Anatolia, Caucasus, Northern Mesopotamia, and is an independent branch of the Indoeuropean language family.

Arabic has throat sounds like 'q' and 'ayin', that Indoeuropean languages, like Armenian, lack. Arabic also has glottal stops, which sound like interruptions in speech. These stops are symbolized by the letter 'alif'.

To me, Russian sounds incredibly different from Armenian. To Russians, our language sounds "ethnic".

You are right about throats sounds. However according to me, Turkish is more different then Armenian but people think that Turkish influence. It is first impression. (y)

Maybe you can give advise me songs like that

This thread has been viewed 26461 times.

Back