Does the blood type strictly determine my ancestry?

noraceID

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new in this forum, so here's my first thread.
My blood type is B (Rh positive). In theory, I should have asian ancestry, since that blood type had its origin in that region. HOWEVER, as far as I know, none of my ancestors came from Asia. I know that I descend from Europeans (Spain) and Amerindians (Peru). Is this possible? Then, how is my blood type explained? I must emphasize that there are no asians in my family, and there is no connection with that ethnic group.:indifferent::indifferent::indifferent:

Hi! I'm new in this forum, so here's my first thread.
My blood type is B (Rh positive). In theory, I should have asian ancestry, since that blood type had its origin in that region. HOWEVER, as far as I know, none of my ancestors came from Asia. I know that I descend from Europeans (Spain) and Amerindians (Peru). Is this possible? Then, how is my blood type explained? I must emphasize that there are no asians in my family, and there is no connection with that ethnic group.:indifferent::indifferent::indifferent:
bloodtypes.png

Hello, my blood brother.

Thanks to you, now I learn that RH- is rare in East Asia (y)

Hmmm, I barely understand the graphic...So, B blood type doesn't come from Asia?

ABO and Rh blood types are pretty irrelevant for ancestry, as there are so few types and all are found in practically every ethnic group.

There are however non-ABO blood types which are found in very specific regions. For example the Diego + type is typical of Northeast Asia and North Amerindians, but even there it is found in only 1 to 15% of the population.

Hmmm, I barely understand the graphic...So, B blood type doesn't come from Asia?

As Maciamo said major blood types (A-B-AB & O) can be find in all other nations.

Example; My mum A, dad is AB but we two brothers are B

Theoretically speaking it takes just one B ancestor many generations ago to make you B.

For recent or overall ancestry, blood types mean less than haplogroups

This thread has been viewed 24856 times.

Back