Thread: E-m123*

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    dear velislav,
    there is a new kurdish member from turkey ( even in our forum calld agok)
    that splitt e-m123*
    here he is in
    yfull live :

https://www.yfull.com/live/tree/E-Z36113/

he also posted in the e-m123 map thread
    here:
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...p-E-M123/page3
    Yes, I spoke to him recently. He is indeed from the rare Scythian branch which probably split 10k years ago from mine. Who knows if more people test in Tajikistan and Afghanistan let say, probably more samples from his branch will appear.

In the meantime, E-PF4428 got its TMRCA updated, and now we fall fully inside the Neolithic time frame - 5500 years B.C. - this means that E-PF4428 were most likely part of the Cardium pottery culture that brought them to Western Europe; LBK is another possibility. I still can't exactly understand if my sub-branch returned from Western Europe or it was a core paleo-Balkanic remnant - it is still pretty obscure. Still the larger picture is now clear that they entered during the Neolithic period and that is good enough.

Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

The subclades of E-M123 are scattered in the northeastern mediterranean and inland.
    Particularly in Turkey, Lebanon, Syria and Armenia(as seen in ytree).

So it's very likely that it expanded during Roman times in all of Europe. And in the case of the Balkans it's likely is always was there.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmiikkii View Post
    The subclades of E-M123 are scattered in the northeastern mediterranean and inland.
    Particularly in Turkey, Lebanon, Syria and Armenia(as seen in ytree).

So it's very likely that it expanded during Roman times in all of Europe. And in the case of the Balkans it's likely is always was there.
    Here are the TMRCA's in Yfull (for E-m123* only):

https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-Y31991/

Based on them, the arrival should be around 5500 B.C. which fits the Neolithic time frame. Unfortunately, there is nothing to suggest Roman scenario at this point. Not sure if my own sub-clade was always in the Balkans for the last 7500 years but it is possible. In the other way around, there might have been a back migration to the Balkans as my parent branch is in France.

According to archaeological and paleontological evidence, early human evolution most likely took place in East Africa. According to genetic study, populations from the region are also shown to be indicative of the more primitive clusters of mitochondrial or Y-chromosome phylogenies, albeit not exclusively. In Africa, however, macrohaplogroup E, which appears to have emerged somewhere between the Red Sea and Lake Chad 21 000–32 000 years ago, accounts for the majority of Y-chromosome haplogroup diversity. The combined examination of 17 bi-allelic indicators in 1214 Y chromosomes, and the ethnic heritage of 49 people, indicated that East African populations contributed significantly to the foundation of the macrohaplogroup, signaling a diversity that precedes the appearance of some cultural aspects and the later expansion that is more related. During this time, the E-P2 mutation-carrying primitive group may have emerged, giving rise to numerous significant demographic groups, including present Afro-Asiatic language speakers and pastoralists. The Y Haplogroup is a genetic grouping of humans. The E-M123 Y-chromosome haplogroup is defined by the single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) mutation M123. E-M123 is found across Asia, Europe, & Africa, exactly like its E-M215 siblings.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
    Here are the TMRCA's in Yfull (for E-m123* only):

https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-Y31991/

Based on them, the arrival should be around 5500 B.C. which fits the Neolithic time frame. Unfortunately, there is nothing to suggest Roman scenario at this point. Not sure if my own sub-clade was always in the Balkans for the last 7500 years but it is possible. In the other way around, there might have been a back migration to the Balkans as my parent branch is in France.
    the austrian and the other german cases in e3b project could
    have some sort of celtic connection

256116 Austria E-M123 12 24 15 10 13-19 11 12 12 13 11 30 15 9-9 11 11 27 14 20 31 15-15-16-17 10 11 19-23 15 14 17 19 32-34 12 10
    132317 Germany E-M123 12 25 15 11 13-16 11 12 13 13 11 31 15 9-9 11 11 28 14 20 33 14-14-16-16 11 11 19-23 15 13 17 19 36-38 14 10

to bad they don't test farther with : big y , nebula genomics, or even dante lab
    that could shed much more light to the structure of e-m123* cases in central europe
    Last edited by kingjohn; 14-06-22 at 18:06.
    Direct paternal line : mizrahi from damascus
    e-fgc7391
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-FGC7391/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

the austrian and the other german cases in e3b project could
    have some sort of celtic connection

256116 Austria E-M123 12 24 15 10 13-19 11 12 12 13 11 30 15 9-9 11 11 27 14 20 31 15-15-16-17 10 11 19-23 15 14 17 19 32-34 12 10
    132317 Germany E-M123 12 25 15 11 13-16 11 12 13 13 11 31 15 9-9 11 11 28 14 20 33 14-14-16-16 11 11 19-23 15 13 17 19 36-38 14 10

to bad they don't test farther with : big y , nebula genomics, or even dante lab
    that could shed much more light to the structure of e-m123* cases in central europe
    Yes I guess e-m123* in Central/Western Europe were celticized Neolithic population most likely. They arrived there 5500 B.C. with Cardials or LBK people - I can't see other options. Then the r1b Indo-European Celts assimilated them easily.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Yes I guess e-m123* in Central/Western Europe were celticized Neolithic population most likely. They arrived there 5500 B.C. with Cardials or LBK people - I can't see other options. Then the r1b Indo-European Celts assimilated them easily.

valerius, there is a future paper :

Lecture by Prof. David Reich - "The Genetic History of the Southern Arc: A Bridge between West Asia & Europe" - "The lecture will be held at the Israel Institute for Advanced Studies at 11am on Tuesday, 12 July 2022."

"We present an integrative genetic history of the Southern Arc, an area divided geographically between West Asia and Europe, but which we define as spanning the culturally entangled regions of Anatolia and its neighbors, in both Europe (Aegean and the Balkans), and in West Asia (Cyprus, Armenia, the Levant, Iraq and Iran). We employ a new analytical framework to analyze genome-wide data at the individual level from a total of 1,320 ancient individuals, 731 of which are newly reported and address major gaps in the archaeogenetic record. We report the first ancient DNA from the world’s earliest farming cultures of southeastern Anatolia and northern Mesopotamia, as well as the first Neolithic period data from Cyprus and Armenia, and discover that it was admixture of Natufian-related ancestry from the Levant—mediated by Mesopotamian and Levantine farmers, and marked by at least two expansions associated with dispersal of pre-pottery and pottery cultures—that generated a pan-West Asian Neolithic continuum. Our comprehensive sampling shows that Anatolia received hardly any genetic input from Europe or the Eurasian steppe from the Chalcolithic to the Iron Age; this contrasts with Southeastern Europe and Armenia that were impacted by major gene flow from Yamnaya steppe pastoralists.

In the Balkans, we reveal a patchwork of Bronze Age populations with diverse proportions of steppe ancestry in the aftermath of the ~3000 BCE Yamnaya migrations, paralleling the linguistic diversity of Paleo-Balkan speakers. We provide insights into the Mycenaean period of the Aegean by documenting variation in the proportion of steppe ancestry (including some individuals who lack it altogether), and finding no evidence for systematic differences in steppe ancestry among social strata, such as those of the elite buried at the Palace of Nestor in Pylos.

A striking signal of steppe migration into the Southern Arc is evident in Armenia and northwest Iran where admixture with Yamnaya patrilineal descendants occurred, coinciding with their 3rd millennium BCE displacement from the steppe itself. This ancestry, pervasive across numerous sites of Armenia of ~2000-600 BCE, was diluted during the ensuing centuries to only a third of its peak value, making no further western inroads from there into any part of Anatolia, including the geographically adjacent Lake Van center of the Iron Age Kingdom of Urartu. The impermeability of Anatolia to exogenous migration contrasts with our finding that the Yamnaya had two distinct gene flows, both from West Asia, suggesting that the Indo-Anatolian language family originated in the eastern wing of the Southern Arc and that the steppe served only as a secondary staging area of Indo-European language dispersal. The demographic significance of Anatolia on a Mediterranean-wide scale is further documented by our finding that following the Roman conquest, the Anatolian population remained stable and became the geographic source for much of the ancestry of Imperial Rome itself."

p.s
    this is only the lecture but paper should be soon i hope
    with 731 samples from( balkan+ near east ( armenia,anatolia,cyprus,iran,mesopotamia)( lets say out of that 300 or something ancient male samples )
    maybe e-m123* will show up in those remains
    Last edited by kingjohn; 18-06-22 at 13:09.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

valerius, there is a future paper :

Lecture by Prof. David Reich - "The Genetic History of the Southern Arc: A Bridge between West Asia & Europe" - "The lecture will be held at the Israel Institute for Advanced Studies at 11am on Tuesday, 12 July 2022."

p.s
    this is only the lecture but paper should be soon i hope
    with 731 samples from( balkan+ near east ( armenia,anatolia,cyprus,iran,mesopotamia)( lets say out of that 300 or something ancient male samples )
    maybe e-m123* will show up in those remains
    Thank you for sharing. This seems to be the perfect chance for E-m123* to pop up from ancient samples, after the disappointing paper for Southern Levant.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Thank you for sharing. This seems to be the perfect chance for E-m123* to pop up from ancient samples, after the disappointing paper for Southern Levant.
    I am holding my finger cross for you
    Since the focus of this paper is not the levant
    But more northern regions in the middle east(anatolia, armenia, mesopotamia, iran)
    I hope we going to see E at all..
    cyprus neolithic was effected/influenced by the levant so we might see some E there

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Valerius and other e-m123*
    Readers of this thread
    This chinese site uploaded
    Some 3 ancient e-m123(xm34) to there y tree (that i asked them)
    The three are:
    (DA19, ALN008, I1985)
    https://www.theytree.com/tree/E-M123
    kudos to them
    Last edited by kingjohn; 10-08-22 at 14:37.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Valerius,
    I see a new member egyptian in theytree site

https://www.theytree.com/tree/E-Y30965

i think he is also in yfull
    he is with a yemenite and a qatari

https://www.yfull.com/live/tree/E-Y30965*/

this is the region in egypt in the extreme north of it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismailia_Governorate
    Last edited by kingjohn; 09-09-22 at 14:19.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

Valerius,I see a new member egyptian in theytree site https://www.theytree.com/tree/E-Y30965i think he is also in yfull he is with a yemenite and a qatarihttps://www.yfull.com/live/tree/E-Y30965*/this is the region in egypt in the extreme north of it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismailia_Governorate
    This is interesting, I will have him added to the spreadsheet next week. Second Egyptian so far.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

This is interesting, I will have him added to the spreadsheet next week. Second Egyptian so far.
    I think there might be 1-2% e-m123* in egypt
    Which probably introduced from southwest asia
    I think it was introduced from southwest asia because
    Notice how this egyptian is in yfull live
    On the same branch e-y30965
    With arabians: yemenite and qatari

P.s
    Egypt is huge country very populated
    i think
    94.8 milion
    So i expect future e-m123 *cases even if it is realy only 1-2% in egypt

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

I think there might be 1-2% e-m123* in egypt
    Which probably introduced from southwest asia
    I think it was introduced from southwest asia because
    Notice how this egyptian is in yfull live
    On the same branch e-y30965
    With arabians: yemenite and qatari
    P.s
    Egypt is huge country very populated
    i think
    94.8 milion
    So i expect future e-m123 *cases even if it is realy only 1-2% in egypt
    Kind of wonder why the oldest Middle east branch is in Yemen and Qatar when this haplogroup should be related to PPN-b.

The Egyptian will form a new branch btw which is visible in the Live option. TheYtree website estimate Tmrca of 1800 years for the Egyptian. You are probably right that it arrived indeed fron SW Asia although there are cases in Tunis and Morocco.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Kind of wonder why the oldest Middle east branch is in Yemen and Qatar when this haplogroup should be related to PPN-b.

The Egyptian will form a new branch btw which is visible in the Live option. TheYtree website estimate Tmrca of 1800 years for the Egyptian. You are probably right that it arrived indeed fron SW Asia although there are cases in Tunis and Morocco.

to answere many of these questions we need ancient
    dna from arabia
    what we got till now point to some branches of r1b that had ancient presence
    in arabia
    if future ancient remains from arabia will find some e-m123*,e-m34 or any other E branch that would
    be great and maybe answere some questions that we have

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

Hopefully something will pop out. My personal idea for the origin of E-m123* is in the PPN-b culture due to the modern distribution of this haplogroup + the fact that the basal E-PF4428 is estimated to have originated 8,800 B.C. (per the info on Yfull) while the beginning date for PPN-b culture is set to 8,800 B.C. which fits very conveniently.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Hopefully something will pop out. My personal idea for the origin of E-m123* is in the PPN-b culture due to the modern distribution of this haplogroup + the fact that the basal E-PF4428 is estimated to have originated 8,800 B.C. (per the info on Yfull) while the beginning date for PPN-b culture is set to 8,800 B.C. which fits very conveniently.
    farroukh from anthrogenica posted this map

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

farroukh from anthrogenica posted this map
    This might be realistic but the 134096/134099 split still makes me wonder what made some people to move in Western direction for the period between 2000-1300 BC. I still have this theory that 134099 might be a back-migration from Western Europe to the Balkans. But can't decide for sure. The big problem is that the history of Romania is excluding this possibility of Neolithic to Bronze age to Present day continuation. This is raising some red flags for me for the 134099 being a local lineage.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

This might be realistic but the 134096/134099 split still makes me wonder what made some people to move in Western direction for the period between 2000-1300 BC. I still have this theory that 134099 might be a back-migration from Western Europe to the Balkans. But can't decide for sure. The big problem is that the history of Romania is excluding this possibility of Neolithic to Bronze age to Present day continuation. This is raising some red flags for me for the 134099 being a local lineage.

this is huge in the southern arc paper 2022
    I1072 a natufian individual which was anlaysed before in 2016 by lazaridis
    was reanlayzed again with higher coverage
    and renamed in the paper I1072_d
    source:
    https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abm4247

i asked theytree to upload it
    and they anlayzed it
    they defined it as e-pf1962 (thats rulling out e-v1515 the other branch under e-z830 which is found in the horn, southeast africa , and arabia)
    ( also technically he has 1 positive and 1 negetive calls for e-m123)

https://i.imgur.com/ib1NxeG.png

https://i.imgur.com/4tWcCKi.jpg

https://www.theytree.com/usersample/...8ce062277.html

https://www.theytree.com/tree/E-PF1962
    Last edited by kingjohn; 05-11-22 at 15:44.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

that is fascinating to me
    have to admitt
    in a site rakhigarhi who belong to the indus valley civilisation
    they anlaysed back in the day in 2019
    61 remains
    they only put the results
    of one female individual I6113
    in the paper

from the paper:
    Rakhigarhi is one of the largest known IVC sites (Figures 1B and 1C), and seven dates from charcoal at depths of 9–23 m have point estimates of 2800–2300 BCE, which largely fall within the mature phase of the IVC (Shinde et al., 2018
    Vahia et al., 2016

source:
    https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...showall%3Dtrue

here are the bam files of this paper :

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/browser/view/PRJEB34154

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Valley_Civilisation

P.S
    but people in the net were able to anlaysed 1 male individual named I2487 out of these 61 remains
    ( from good enough quality)
    to the level of e-pf1962

https://www.theytree.com/sample/440f...538088c6c.html
    in the bam files link above from ENA site The individual I2487 is named S2487
    (very likely that he was derived for e-ft20896 if he was in better coverage lets not forget the swat iron age samples from pakistan a region very close geographically who belonged to e-ft20896)
    Last edited by kingjohn; 23-11-22 at 20:46.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Farmers got around.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Originally Posted by parasar
    Pribislav,
    Any chance you could review this?
    AU48723 S2487 E-PF1962
    MT : JT India 2022-11-22 23:10:24
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post891403

I2487 is P147+, P177+, M35+ and PF1962+. Unfortunately, a lot of SNPs aren't covered due to very low coverage, so we don't know the status of M123, Z36113, Y31991, and most importantly FT179548 and FT377116, to which the Udegram samples belong. I'm pretty sure I2487 would have derived SNPs at these two levels if he had higher coverage.

p.s
    i ask theytree and they say e-z830 has no call and there is 1 positive and 1 negetive calls on e-pf1962 level

https://i.imgur.com/IEoGIYF.png

so it can be pre-e-pf1962
    still very interesting case to find e1b1b1 in indus valley civilisation
    Last edited by kingjohn; 28-11-22 at 20:12.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345