What languages do you speak?

Petros Agapetos

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Armenian {South Caucasian}
Which languages can you correctly pronounce?

Which languages do you understand?

Which languages do you speak fluently or at a native speaker's level?

I can pronounce Armenian, English, Albanian, Greek, Portuguese, German, Russian with virtually no accent.

For me: Armenian, English, German (little bit), Russian (little bit).

I used to speak perfect German. When I was a child, I lived in Germany for 7 years. This shaped the rest of my life its direction. Germany made it possible for me to develop multilingualism and skills to master more languages.

In Armenia, I studied Russian, but was not good at it (grammar and vocabulary), so I never really learned to speak and colloquialize in this language, but I can read and write, as well as understand a little bit.

I also understand a little bit of Albanian.

For me: Only Armenian and English.

I think there is already a thread exactly like this one. Please make an effort to find existing threads before creating duplicates.

I only speak German and English, but I understand a bit of French, Latin, Ancient Greek, Syriac and Hebrew. At the moment I am also trying to learn modern Eastern Armenian, but it's not that easy ;)

Arabic, English, learning German at duolingo, and would love to learn Armenian, if only a course existed for it.

Ich kann deutsch sprechen aber ich hab nicht deutsch in sehr lang gesprochen. Ich hab viel Grammatik vergessen, aber ich kann deutsch immer noch verstehen. Now in English I can speak german, but I have not spoken German in a very long time, and need to start practicing it again. I can also speak Turkish, and English. My accent in German is pretty good, but i speak a little bit "kanaken deutsch" as they say, but I can also speak proper hochdeutsch. I think the accent changes depending if I am speaking with other people in Germany who use the slang accent also known as kanaken Deutsch even though I REALLY DONT LIKE THAT TERM. If I see just a normal German I can speak hoch. As for my Turkish it is just normal Turkish.

English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch most of the time.

English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Some French, German, Some Dutch, A little Norwegian (learning)

English, Spanish

What do you need to speak so many languages?

mojoii.com

What do you need to speak so many languages?

mojoii.com

It depends who you are talking to, in Europe many people learn more than one due to job related, culture related reasons.

Russian, English (can speak).
Gypsy (can understand and sing).
Ancient Slavic from manuscripts (can understand), Sanskrit (can understand).

Tried to learn Armenian and Greek... failed.

Russian, Lithuanian, English on native level.
Polish, German, French understandable.

How extraordinary that somebody from Belarus can speak Lithuanian. Usually it is only Lithuanians who speak Lithuanian ... Unless of course you have some relation to Lithuania

My biggest ambition is to be able to recognise Han characters...

Fluently (or in an advanced level at least) I speak Portuguese and English, and I could say I can communicate well in Hebrew. I know/understand a bit of Spanish, French, Italian, German, Irish and Icelandic (yes, I got to learn some a few years ago).

I know Lithuanian ( mother tongue), English ( main language);
Russian ( learned language ), Polish (convenient to know).
Read: Latvian, German, Ukrainian.

[FONT=&quot]I speak Arabic, English and have blog in English [/FONT]http://businessbooksummariesreview.com/[FONT=&quot], some Japanese, a little bit of French and Italian. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to be fluent in these 3 languages (Japanese, French and Italian), and then, I may find another language to learn![/FONT]

I can pronounce Japanese, Italian, Chinese (for some reason it's really easy to me), Korean, Portuguese, these are the only ones that I tried and succeeded lol.

I understand portuguese, Italian, french, and a little bit of japanese.

English, Romanian, Spanish and Catalan.

I can correctly pronounce English, Spanish, Russian, and some French. I can understand English and Spanish at the conversational level, and have limited facility with Russian. I unfortunately only speak English with fluency, but at one point I was nearly fluent in Spanish and I still have a good functional command of it. I'm studying Russian right now and absolutely loving it, even though it is somewhat challenging.

Latvian, English, Norwegian (can read and understand Danish and most of Swedish), Russian (can read and understand most of East Slavic), some German (able to understand the gist of it in written form).

This thread has been viewed 19743 times.

Back