Percentage of European & Middle Eastern admixture by ethnic group

Ok, I did not know Atlanto Med has Northern Euro in it already, on top of the Northern European component.

Northern European is just a label. This was written by Diekenes on 2012, as you see by yourself it's everything more complicated

Gedrosia appears to be Caucasus + a slice of Siberian
Both Siberian and Southeast Asian appear to be wholly East Asian
East Asian on the other hand, appears to be mostly Southeast Asian + minority Siberian
Northwest African appears to be Caucasus + a minority Sub Saharan
Atlantic Med appears to be Caucasus + a slice of North European
North European appears to be Atlantic Med + Gedrosia with a slice of Siberian
South Asian appears to be Caucasus + East Asian
East African appears to be Sub Saharan + minority Caucasus
Southwest Asian appears to be Caucasus
Sub Saharan appears to be East African
Caucasus appears Atlantic Med + Gedrosia + slices of Northwest African and Southwest Asian

K12b.png

http://dienekes.blogspot.it/2012/08/inter-relationships-of-dodecad-k12b-and.html

Ok, I did not know Atlanto Med has Northern Euro in it already, on top of the Northern European component.

Atlantic-Med and Northern European are all just labels.

This was written by Diekenes on 2012. As you see by yourself it's everything more complicated. From 2012 to today it has gone five years.

East Asian on the other hand, appears to be mostly Southeast Asian + minority Siberian
Caucasus appears Atlantic Med + Gedrosia + slices of Northwest African and Southwest Asian

barplot.png

The following graph summarizes the relationship between the 12 components. I used color intensity of the edges to indicate admixture intensity:

K12b.png

http://dienekes.blogspot.it/2012/08/inter-relationships-of-dodecad-k12b-and.html

As Pax Augusta has indicated, Dienekes pointed out the problem with using Admixture calculators for ancestry analysis years ago, especially Admixture calculators using drifted, composite modern populations. That's undoubtedly why he stopped developing them. If people aren't going to accept the statements of the very creators of the calculators then I really don't know what else to say.

He also discussed this matter using another calculator he created. See:
http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2012/09...decad-k7b.html

These threads have to be read and understood before making claims based on these modern modal sets of alleles. Even then, this has been superseded.

I realize that some of the new formal statistical methods can be daunting to understand and use, and it's also very time consuming, but that and ancient dna is where we are now. It's only going to get worse. I've been trying to plow through some new programs that have been released, and it's extremely slow going.

Btw, as for the "Caucasus" component, it means different things in different calculators, but what we do know is that it is extremely high in "Basal Eurasian", perhaps higher than in the Anatolian Neolithic. If that isn't "Middle Eastern", then nothing is "Middle Eastern". There's also a lot more "Caucasus" in modern Southern Europeans than in modern Northern Europeans.

we're getting a bit of topic, but I continue ..

Instead of comparing with modern populations we should look to reconstruct anciant DNA which would be ancestral instead of derived.
For non-recombining DNA (Y- and mtDNA) a pedigree can be made up.
I guess for recombining it is more dificult, especialy for the heterozygous parts.
I wonder whether it is possible to do some reverse engineering on todays or on anciant DNA to go back in time and to come to the DNA of a common unmutated ancestor.

Northern European is just a label. This was written by Diekenes on 2012, as you see by yourself it's everything more complicated

K12b.png

Dienekes is a Greek national whose family original came from the Pontus region, next to the Caucasus. He has called this region the "womb of the world". It's therefore not very surprising that he should trace back most admixtures to the Caucasus. You should take his analysis with a pinch of salt.

Anyway any admixture calculator is biased in some way and labels are what we make of them. HarappaWorld K16 is very similar to Dodecad K12b, but because the defining SNPs are not the same, many Europeans consistently score a few percents higher for North European and lower for Mediterranean (than K12b's Atlantic_Med). For example, British people score 44% North_European at Dodecad K12b, but 51% at Harappa K16. They score 42% Atlantic_Med at Dodecad K12b, but 34% Mediterranean at Harappa K16.

The frequencies for Caucasus, Gedrosia/Balochi, Southwest Asian, Siberian, etc. also all vary a bit one way or another depending on the calculator, but the general trend between populations remain the same.

I'm sure Dienekes has his biases, as does everyone involved in, or commenting on, population genetics. What is important, imo, is if the data is reproducible by other researchers, and the conclusions are supported by the data.

In terms of the threads in question, so far as I can see they really don't refer to the "womb of nations" hypothesis. This has to do with whether modern "clusters" present in certain geographic areas today "cover" or hide other populations. Dienekes recognized, just applying statistical analysis to his own admixture results, that they did.

That has been borne out by analyses done comparing modern Europeans to ancient samples, when those became available. So, we now know indisputably what he pointed out in these threads, that the modern "North Euro" cluster contains Anatolian Neolithic, Caucasus, and some Siberian. The fact is that all Europeans are made up of the same ancient populations; it's just the proportions that are different.

The Lazaridis and Haak papers made that clear. (Yamnaya of course includes CHG)

HaakEtAlpage23Crop-520x245.jpg

Or Allentoft:
AllentoftADMIXTURE.png

The Greek result is cumulative I would assume? It would be interesting to see regional admixture variations

There's no genetically European person as there's no genetically Asian. These are geographical labels and don't make much scientific sense.

There's no genetically European person as there's no genetically Asian. These are geographical labels and don't make much scientific sense.

Hahah, really? Do you ever seen results of mulatto person (half SSA, half European)? Always 48-52% components in every calculator is for African side, and 48-52% Caucasoid.
You can judge his mixed background in the same time form phenotype and genotype.

curiouscat makes a fair point, afterall, it is the Eurasian continent, and it's pretty arbitrary the delineation between Europe and Asia.

And let's not forget that Azerbaijan and even Australia enter Eurovision.

Percentage based on the samples that Dodecad has. Not always these samples are perfectly representative though.

Modern West Eurasians are a mix of Villaburra related and basal eurasian ancestry. These components are outdated and nonscientific amateur based studies.
You can find a genetic continum between Scandinavians and Bedouins as both groups belong the same west eurasian genetic contium and descended of the same people who once left africa around 60 kya ago.

Northern Europeans have barely any Caucasus ancestry

This thread has been viewed 28128 times.

Back