Your physical idea of what Yamnayans look-like.

Sean and Clooney look like what men want to look like when they grow up. :D

On another note, my intuition tells me that those Yamnaya had a higher hairline than some of the reconstructions.

Why Connery is more Alpha than Clooney, he saw no need to plant his hair. Not sure why a high hairline is seen like a positive in my eyes? Maybe subconscious perception of higher testosterone?

I agree, Connery is THE MAN! I was actually just watching some old James Bond movies on tubi yesterday.

Hmmm, I wonder, is the so-called Atlanto-Mediterranean phenotype, actually attributed to the Yamnaya phenotype?

Irish "Mediterranean"
PYd0du1.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder, is the so-called Atlanto-Mediterranean phenotype, actually attributed to the Yamnaya phenotype?

Irish "Mediterranean"

This is probably related to the "Atlanto-Mediterranean" component in GEDmatch Dodecad. It seems to have been a WHG subpopulation, as it was present already in Mesolithic Southern European hunter-gatherers. It became more widespread during the Neolithic, because, as people often forget, the Neolithic farmers had copious WHG ancestry, which was mostly from this source. You see a lot of Sardinians and Spaniards (less often British Islanders and Scandinavians) with the dark, coarse, rugged features (but often with light eyes), and I think they're representatives of this subgroup of WHG.

Can't say too much about the Yamnaya (aside from the photos), but long and aquiline noses were probably common.

This is probably related to the "Atlanto-Mediterranean" component in GEDmatch Dodecad. It seems to have been a WHG subpopulation, as it was present already in Mesolithic Southern European hunter-gatherers. It became more widespread during the Neolithic, because, as people often forget, the Neolithic farmers had copious WHG ancestry, which was mostly from this source. You see a lot of Sardinians and Spaniards (less often British Islanders and Scandinavians) with the dark, coarse, rugged features (but often with light eyes), and I think they're representatives of this subgroup of WHG.
Can't say too much about the Yamnaya (aside from the photos), but long and aquiline noses were probably common.
I think that kind of nose, the "Roman nose" may have something to do with Ancient North Eurasians, which was part of EHG (75%) and CHG (37%), both of which composed Yamnaya. It is also found in Amerindians who also have ANE.

I think that kind of nose, the "Roman nose" may have something to do with Ancient North Eurasians, which was part of EHG and CHG, both of which composed Yamnaya. It is also found in Amerindians who also have ANE.

My thoughts exactly. Such noses seem most common in cold and dry highland climates: Andean natives, Dinaric highlanders from the Balkans, Caucasians, Indo-Aryans, etc. all of whom live in mountainous regions and all of whom are notable for their nasal prominence. If we compare Middle Eastern groups with a lot of ANE to those without, the results are consistent.

I wonder what the Kotias/Satsurblia population looked like before the introduction of ANE, when they were just WHG + Basal Eurasian.

Irish "Mediterranean"
PYd0du1.jpg

I don't think so, too much Anatolian Neolithic influence, but for sure Yamnaya + Neolithic Anatolian and slight WHG formed this phenotype. Atlantid_Med looks more refined while Yamnaya where more coarse.

Something more like Charles Bronson i would say.

bronson-3.jpg

Old Charlie rocks ! He had Lipka Tatar ancestry btw.

One of them folks (Kurgan 5 Gr. 20) looks a lot like Ciaran Hinds .

^^I am a big fan of the Deathwish movies. Charles Branson was another badass movie actor.

Once Upon a Time in The West was masterpiece, alongside Henry Fonda, epic. Only the combo Sergio Leone + Ennio Morricone will make an epicness from two guys staring at eachother for more than 5 minutes.

Old Charlie rocks ! He had Lipka Tatar ancestry btw.

One of them folks (Kurgan 5 Gr. 20) looks a lot like Ciaran Hinds .

(Bronson) I think he has both Lithuanian and N.Tatar ancestry, what would make sense for his look.

We know that Yamnaya invaders carried white skin. That's for sure.
Then we got hair and eyes, there are blonds, red hairs, blue and green eyes. But most whites are brown eyes and dark hair. So I bet for brunette hair and light brown eyes.
I imagine being taller than Indians, Africans... As we're today and knowing they were mostly farmers, but I don't give them impressive heights, so I say they were 1,75 cm(5'9").

I think that their appearance could resemble to something in between the modern people of Ukraine/Russia and Germany. The places where they were established for long times before migrating.

I think you need to read some papers on the ***mentation of the Yamnaya people and others of the Caspian steppe. NOT, mind you the European farmer admixed people of the far eastern steppe like Sintashta etc.

No idea, but apparently most of them had brown eyes and hair.

The nail in the coffin for the old idea of the Proto Indo-Europeans being a highly blonde and blue eyed group or phenotypically indistinguishable from present day Northern Europeans.

"For rs12913832, a major determinant of blue versus brown eyes in humans, our results indicate the presence of blue eyes already in Mesolithic hunter-gatherers as previously described. We find it at intermediate frequency in Bronze Age Europeans, but it is notably absent from the Pontic-Caspian steppe populations, suggesting a high prevalence of brown eyes in these individuals."

"Note the SNP rs12912832 [OCA2] in the HERC2 gene which predicts blue eyes is present in 65% of modern Ukrainians, but was only present in 16% of the ancient samples. Also note that the ancient samples have much lower frequencies in all three SNPs which predict light ***mentation including SNPs in the TYR gene which are associated with blondism. So while blue eyes and blondism were not completely unseen among the Proto Indo-European speakers...those phenotypical traits were indeed in the small minority"

It seems that the origin of the blue eyes is linked to the WHgs (Villabruna) trait that was shared with the Scandinavian HGs. Regarding the blond hair it seems linked to the EHGs (Afontova Gora3) and the light skin was a widespread trait among the Hgs and EEFarmers- Then as I am blond and have blue eyes I guess I will have inherited the hair from my EHgs ancestors, the eyes from my Whgs ancestors and the light skin from my Anatolian ancestors. I don't think Yamnaya has anything to do with my phenotype and I don't think a Nordicist wants to understand what I am saying.

I don't think so, too much Anatolian Neolithic influence, but for sure Yamnaya + Neolithic Anatolian and slight WHG formed this phenotype. Atlantid_Med looks more refined while Yamnaya where more coarse.

I have been binge-watching the show Lucifer on Netflix. I think the main actor who plays Lucifer, Tom Ellis, is a perfect example of the Atlantic Med phenotype; he is of English decent:

PN3Sz6T.jpg

Kurgan 5, grave 20 looks somewhat like Ciar?n Hinds to me:
20447122.jpg

I think its no coincidence that Celtic-Bell Beaker derived individuals being named the first so far.

I think that kind of nose, the "Roman nose" may have something to do with Ancient North Eurasians, which was part of EHG (75%) and CHG (37%), both of which composed Yamnaya. It is also found in Amerindians who also have ANE.

George Washington's Death mask (a cast of his face, and considered the most accurate depiction):

Ro4r2Zj.png

Norwegian Black Metal singer Gaahl:

8Kryy0o.jpg

Amerindian, I believe Cherokee?:

rTnDtUu.jpg

Julius Streicher Nazi Propagandist:

8lSXHmd.jpg

General Michael Flynn:

MAdaz0i.jpg

Emperor Nero:

W15jAcN.jpg

Just to be clear, when we say "Atlanto-Mediterranean", are we talking about the Dodecad K12b Mesolithic WHG sub-lineage that was prevalent in EEF, or some turn-of-the-century racial jargon? Google returns both, and I can't keep up with all these race classification terms.

This thread has been viewed 72199 times.

Back