Southern Neolithic route brought Megaliths from the Levant to Western Europe

It did show up there, however due to local drift (the distance, mutations, bottlenecking, refugia, etc) they developed different alleles and old Baloch became something else, like Mediterranean admixture for example. While in Central Asia new Baloch is still classified and connected to old Baloch. It is a measure of similarities than anything elses, perhaps in relativistic way. In this case Baloch in Steppe is cousin (same common source, more similar alleles?) of Baloch in Iran, but not "old Baloch" in WHGs. They are only two options in this case. Baloch in step might be from recent contact with CHG/Iranian Farmer, or it might be from very ancient common relative. If it was from recent contact we would have seen some Caucasus being transfer too, because CHG and Farmer is very rich in it. We don't, however. So only second option is valid, they did have a common ancestor who gave them Baloch. Judging by distribution of Baloch, it was some sort of Central Asian h-g, and most likely from its expansion after LGM.

Hold on, I am of course talking about the 'green' component in the ADMIXTURE run by Lazaridis. I am not convinced that the 'Baloch' component is all the same. Isn't the latter based on modern populations?

Hold on, I am of course talking about the 'green' component in the ADMIXTURE run by Lazaridis. I am not convinced that the 'Baloch' component is all the same. Isn't the latter based on modern populations?
Yes, it looks like green is mostly Baloch with some Caucasian.

Admixtures are derived from modern populations.
Do note that the admixture components do not necessarily represent real ancestral populations. Also, the names I have chosen for the components should be thought of as mnemonics to ease discussion. I chose them based on which populations in my data these components peaked in. They do not tell anything directly about ancestral populations. The best way to look at these admixture results is by comparing individuals and populations.
http://www.harappadna.org/2012/05/harappaworld-admixture/

This thread has been viewed 92623 times.

Back