Post your aDNA K15 map!

I used to have Microsoft Paint when I had a Windows computer. Now I have an I mac. Does anyone know how I can use a drawing program on my apple machine?

or can someone plot my results? Please.

Abscisse:341

Ordonnée: 181

North_Sea34.65
Atlantic24.25
Baltic6.38
Eastern_Euro11.06
West_Med10.34
West_Asian4.18
East_Med2.26
Red_Sea-
South_Asian1.70
Southeast_Asian-
Siberian-
Amerindian3.23
Oceanian0.34
Northeast_African-
Sub-Saharan1.60

Your Amerindian results a bit high.

You are a West German (y)

qqq.png

Merhaba Boreas Bey. Bunu benim için yaptığınız için çok teşekkür ederim!

My Native American is high because my 4th Great Grandfather was George (Chief of all) Sizemore. He was Cherokee.
I do have a lot of y-DNA matches in the German, French, Austrian and Swiss Alps area. This autosomal DNA is new to me though. The plot would be half way between my Mother's ancestors and my Father's am I correct?

Your Amerindian results a bit high.

You are a West German (y)

View attachment 8474

Last edited:

My Native American is high because my 4th Great Grandfather was George (Chief of all) Sizemore. He was Cherokee.
I do have a lot of y-DNA matches in the German, French, Austrian and Swiss Alps area. This autosomal DNA is new to me though. The plot would be half way between my Mother's ancestors and my Father's am I correct?

You are the 4th one. I made four people's map without mine, so it is kind of a job for me. :grin:

You don't have to be in the middle of your father and mother

look at other maps

Sile's map, his son is located out of his wife and him

or Regio X is closer to his mom. (Me, Father and Mother)

You're a descendant of a Native American Chief? That's awesome! We need to respect the people who came here first!

Are you from Veneto ? Could you post your K15 results
In ancestry, yes. Just one great-grandmother in paternal line born in Lombardy (close to the border with Veneto).

Sure I can post; why not? Here they are (me / father / mother).
Population
North_Sea18.00 / 19.38 / 21.49
Atlantic27.25 / 21.32 / 23.29
Baltic7.31 / 9.23 / 8.51
Eastern_Euro5.55 / 5.85 / 5.84
West_Med18.05 / 18.59 / 19.59
West_Asian10.25 / 8.54 / 8.92
East_Med11.91 / 14.39 / 10.22
Red_Sea1.69 / 1.08 / 1.95
South_Asian- / 1.62 / -
Southeast_Asian-
Siberian-
Amerindian- / - / 0.18
Oceanian-
Northeast_African-
Sub-Saharan-
Here are 13 kits I have from the area (excluding mine - to avoid overlaping -, including my parents', Sile's - but not his sister's - and others).

You are the 4th one. I made four people's map without mine, so it is kind of a job for me. :grin:

You don't have to be in the middle of your father and mother

look at other maps

Sile's map, his son is located out of his wife and him

or Regio X is closer to his mom. (Me, Father and Mother)

I do not know why you mentioned my son ................but my mother plots

next to and left of the N in N.Italian .....................her family line head from central Veneto towards the Friulian alps ...............while my paternal line heads from Central Veneto towards Trento and tyrol/east swiss lands ................so I look at the plots differently

Calls attention the considerable variation even in Veneto. Looking to the seven other kits I know from the area, the following are the most distant from each other. Yellow - Central Treviso. Red - North Vicenza (SE Altipiano, near Bassano).

agree with yellow, but more Treviso, Padova , Venice connection .........while the red seems to far away from Bassano which is only 6km from my mothers paternal line.

I also disagree since I run currently from Treviso and in the past Schio ( south of Bassano ) , Magre' ( east trentino ) , Tres ( central trentino ) ..........these are still linguistically Veneto lands but no where near your red dot ............I guess the red dot should represent Piedmonte

agree with yellow, but more Treviso, Padova , Venice connection .........while the red seems to far away from Bassano which is only 6km from my mothers paternal line.

I also disagree since I run currently from Treviso and in the past Schio ( south of Bassano ) , Magre' ( east trentino ) , Tres ( central trentino ) ..........these are still linguistically Veneto lands but no where near your red dot ............I guess the red dot should represent Piedmonte
You posted at the same time I deleted mine, since the last map I posted, just few time ago, already showed all the samples, including the two in question.
The red dot, as I said, comes from the SE of the Altipiano, abt. 15 km from Bassano (see my PM to you). Possibly it represents better some specific areas of the region. Anyway, Veneto as a whole seems to present a considerable variation.

You posted at the same time I deleted mine, since the last map I posted, just few time ago, already showed all the samples, including the two in question.
The red dot, as I said, comes from the SE of the Altipiano, abt. 15 km from Bassano (see my PM to you). Possibly it represents better some specific areas of the region. Anyway, Veneto as a whole seems to present a considerable variation.

ok, thnaks

but the dot stating the word N.Italian represents all across north italy .........but the plotting of oneself must reflect only a few centuries of ones paternal and maternal combinations

I noted trentino for my paternal line because they left that area and entered Veneto ~1630 ..........if I only go from this time then my maternal fathers line is Dogana ( venice lagoon area ) , my mothers line ( both sides ) has always been in veneto

Are you updating and presenting your map again?

Anyway, Veneto as a whole seems to present a considerable variation.

It's true, I can confirm having seen many samples from Veneto (they are more north/north-west or more north-east than the average based on the HGDP sample). But a considerable variation exists also in any region in Italy, at least the regions I've seen so far.

ok, thnaks

but the dot stating the word N.Italian represents all across north italy .........but the plotting of oneself must reflect only a few centuries of ones paternal and maternal combinations

I noted trentino for my paternal line because they left that area and entered Veneto ~1630 ..........if I only go from this time then my maternal fathers line is Dogana ( venice lagoon area ) , my mothers line ( both sides ) has always been in veneto

Are you updating and presenting your map again?
See my post nr. 49. I was talking about that map.
I can't link my parents to any "specific" area in Veneto, because they have ancestry from different parts of the region. :)

It's true, I can confirm having seen many samples from Veneto (they are more north/north-west or more north-east than the average based on the HGDP sample). But a considerable variation exists also in any region in Italy, at least the regions I've seen so far.
Agreed. Probably there is considerable variation even in Sardinia. I don't know about Aosta Valley.

In ancestry, yes. Just one great-grandmother in paternal line born in Lombardy (close to the border with Veneto).

Sure I can post; why not? Here they are (me / father / mother).
Population
North_Sea18.00 / 19.38 / 21.49
Atlantic27.25 / 21.32 / 23.29
Baltic7.31 / 9.23 / 8.51
Eastern_Euro5.55 / 5.85 / 5.84
West_Med18.05 / 18.59 / 19.59
West_Asian10.25 / 8.54 / 8.92
East_Med11.91 / 14.39 / 10.22
Red_Sea1.69 / 1.08 / 1.95
South_Asian- / 1.62 / -
Southeast_Asian-
Siberian-
Amerindian- / - / 0.18
Oceanian-
Northeast_African-
Sub-Saharan-
Here are 13 kits I have from the area (excluding mine - to avoid overlaping -, including my parents', Sile's - but not his sister's - and others).

Thanks a lot ! Do you have the gedmatch numbers of all these Venetians ? I have only 3 venetians, im very interested in that part of Italy.

I dont understand how are you able to plot yourself. It says i need to dowload the image and then upload it to a drawing program....what drawing program? i tried downloading one and dont see anywhere how to plot this thing.

all you need to download is the image, then in order to find where you plot, open the image in any drawing program, the default one for most people is the PC available "Paint" tool, once you're in there, if you move your cursor over the image you will see in the bottom left hand corner of the screen (i think) numbers that represent the pixel coordinates that change as you move the cursor over the image. If you dont have Paint but a different program like photoshop, there should be an area in the program where you can see the pixel location.

Using the coordinates the calculator app gives you, you generally need to scroll around over the image until you zero in on your coordinate. Then what the people here have been doing is using the paintbrush function to draw on the point themselves. It sounds more complicated than it is.

I cluster by "French"(East French?) like in every ADMIXTURE test. My Dad is the red dot, hypothetical mom is the pink dot. I'm English, Spanish, Norwegian, German, Swiss, and dose of Amerindian and smaller dose of West African. It ends up looking like East French, South Dutch, West Germans, and Swiss.
attachment.php

Attachments

• K15 PCA family2.jpg
    K15 PCA family2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 533

This thread has been viewed 58697 times.

Back