H95a - Alpine Italian marker ?

some H95a which is related to my line

Maria Joanna Holler b.1905 Bolzano
Francesca Gruber b.1874 in Bolzano

Anna Griessler 1855 from Bolzano

Barbara Mayr 1740 from Emms

looks like its a pure alpine mtdna ............with 3 swedes and 1 swede was from bolzano and married a swede in 1920

deleted double post

Last edited:
H95a match with myself

Carol Dimpfl
mother is Louise Weiner 1905-1989

her mother is Alvina Wiener (born Boetcher) b.1864- 1924 married Louis Weiner

I have gone back the line to

Maria Katharina Knabenbauer (1767 - 1852) Born in Rinchnach, Regen, Bayern, Deutschland on 18 Sept 1767 to Anton Knabenbauer and Theres Mader.

I have zero on Theres Mader who would carry the H95a line

all these are linked with above and myself are also linked with........Neuman , Steiner and Moser ( neuman is also paternal related ) ................Moser is from Trentino ............great italian cyclist francesco moser was from there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Moser

Last edited:
Another match for me ( 3rd to 6th cousin ) 2 shared segments , also shared with my sister

via surname Burkhardt
to
Atilana Vettorazzi
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levico_Terme
Trentino

same distant and match as my confirmed grandmother sister Maternal side with the Vendrasco family from Oné 31010 Province of Treviso

and same again with the Mara von Escher match from Trentino

all are linked
[h=5][/h]

Another match for me ...........this time in
Zufikon
Aargau, 5620 Switzerland

Justina Eichholzer circa 1900

Another H95a match for myself and my sister

surname = Chrzan
from......Visby Gotland, Sweden

All other swedes I have ( 4 of them ) are from Scania Sweden

Swedish Maiden names are impossible to track...every surname is different for the women following daughter to mother to grandmother etc

Got a email from Annika ( sweden ) yesterday in regards to her grandmother South-Tyrol H95a origins ...................migrated via marriage to Sweden 1919
They have very close matches to familiy surnamed Zordan ( Giordano in Italian )...2nd cousins .................link found in Queensland Australia ( more investigations needed by me )

Origine del cognome Zordan

Origine

Deriva da modificazioni dialettali del nome Giordano.
Tracce di questa cognomizzazione si trovano nel 1400 a Venezia con il Notaio Daniele Zordan che esercitò dal 1484 al 1517.
Il cognome Zordan è tipico veneto, con massima concentrazione nel vicentino.

I cannot see any notable % of the name in Trentino area
file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/899163_nachnamen_in_suedtirol_-_2010.pdf

[SIZE=-1]Zorda è quasi unico ed è quasi sicuramente dovuto ad un errore di trascrizione di Zordan, che è tipico veneto, con massima concentrazione nel vicentino, Zordani, quasi unico, è dovuto a errori di trascrizione, derivano da modificazioni dialettali del nome Giordano, tracce di questa cognominizzazione le troviamo nel 1400 a Venezia con il Notaio Daniele Zordan che esercitò dal 1484 al 1517.[/SIZE]

Another H95a , further details................my closest match in ftdna ...............surname Ciot from Vittorio Veneto ( town was known as Ceneda prior WW1 ) and also nearly town fregona.

[SIZE=-1]Ciotti/Ciot oltre che da una forma ipocoristica aferetica di Felice, potrebbe derivare dall'aggettivo medievale 'ciotto' = "sciancato", mantenutosi nell'antico italiano.

They are also related to the Ciot of Prata di Pordenone

[/SIZE]I am linked with this line that died in WW1
CIOT Antonio ...........S. Giovanni al Natisone T.492
..........11/1/1917

Got a email from Annika ( sweden ) yesterday in regards to her grandmother South-Tyrol H95a origins ...................migrated via marriage to Sweden 1919
They have very close matches to familiy surnamed Zordan ( Giordano in Italian )...2nd cousins .................link found in Queensland Australia ( more investigations needed by me )

Origine del cognome Zordan

Origine

Deriva da modificazioni dialettali del nome Giordano.
Tracce di questa cognomizzazione si trovano nel 1400 a Venezia con il Notaio Daniele Zordan che esercitò dal 1484 al 1517.
Il cognome Zordan è tipico veneto, con massima concentrazione nel vicentino.

I cannot see any notable % of the name in Trentino area
file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/899163_nachnamen_in_suedtirol_-_2010.pdf

[SIZE=-1]Zorda è quasi unico ed è quasi sicuramente dovuto ad un errore di trascrizione di Zordan, che è tipico veneto, con massima concentrazione nel vicentino, Zordani, quasi unico, è dovuto a errori di trascrizione, derivano da modificazioni dialettali del nome Giordano, tracce di questa cognominizzazione le troviamo nel 1400 a Venezia con il Notaio Daniele Zordan che esercitò dal 1484 al 1517.[/SIZE]

Further drilling down ( easy because Women do not take the husband surname in Marriage ) ....found Zordan mother wassurname Carlassare from Cogollo del Cengio , Vicenza Province.......her mother was a Panozzo from Tresche Conca ( now known as Roana ) , this Panozzo was Teresa Panozzo born 1820 who married Francesco Lello.......
Lello matches me also in my ydna matches

The Lello family in USA seem to be un-contactable as this is where Lello link me to

Another mtdna match

Steiner family from Barbian South Tyrol

oldest I was told

Anna Steiner b.1781
father Michael
mother Maria Gagriller also from barbian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbian

This line of H95a ( found recently in the Hafner family tree ) went from Steiner to Scheider to Stanger and to Peroni 1935-1997 ...............all from Innsbruck to Trento line

Pity the woman change their surname after marriage, hard to follow

Further drilling down ( easy because Women do not take the husband surname in Marriage ) ....found Zordan mother wassurname Carlassare from Cogollo del Cengio , Vicenza Province.......her mother was a Panozzo from Tresche Conca ( now known as Roana ) , this Panozzo was Teresa Panozzo born 1820 who married Francesco Lello.......
Lello matches me also in my ydna matches

The Lello family in USA seem to be un-contactable as this is where Lello link me to

In contact with the person who runs this family line and they are H95a also have a line which is from Falze Veneto

my search begins here
https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2398379/falze-communal-cemetery

traced another swedish line of H95a ................linked with me in Ftdna and Geni ............spoken to family member recently ..............

This is the hokansdotter line
born sweden, died in finland

[h=2] Kreeta Hookanantytär
[/h] English (default): Kreeta Hookanantytär, Swedish: Greta Håkansdotter

Birth: 1630
Replösa, Ljungby, Sweden
Death: May 27, 1693 (62-63)
Alperi, Veteli, Finland

she only had one daughter.......see below
[h=2] Kaarina Mikontytär
[/h] Swedish: Carin Mickelsdotter

Birth: October 16, 1666
Veteli, Finland

traced another swedish line of H95a ................linked with me in Ftdna and Geni ............spoken to family member recently ..............

This is the hokansdotter line
born sweden, died in finland

Kreeta Hookanantytär

English (default): Kreeta Hookanantytär, Swedish: Greta Håkansdotter

Birth: 1630
Replösa, Ljungby, Sweden
Death: May 27, 1693 (62-63)
Alperi, Veteli, Finland

she only had one daughter.......see below
Kaarina Mikontytär

Swedish: Carin Mickelsdotter

Birth: October 16, 1666
Veteli, Finland

Mitochondrial DNA H95a: found in Sweden and north-east Italy (https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_H_mtDNA.shtml).
YFull (https://www.yfull.com/) gives the haplo group an age estimation of 5400 (700-19200) years.

This mtDNA haplo is also found in Finland. It seems, that Greta Håkansdotter [Kreeta Hookanantytär Alberi] brought the haplo to Finland with her. She was born in Ljungby, Southern Sweden, around 1630, and came as a soldier's wife over to Kälviä, Western Finland, about 1660. She has thousands of descendants in Finland. Three persons in her straight maternal line proved by the church rercords has been tested to mitochondrial DNA haplo H95a by FTDNA.

[h=4]Kreeta Hookanantytär Alberi[/h] Greta Håkansdotter had worked with her first husband in Kälviä (Kelviå), Finland. After his death, she married former soldier Mickel Larsson. Their only known child, Karen, was born in 1666. The couple started a farm called Alberg in Röring Village, Veteli in the 1670’s. Mickel Larsson was registered as being the master of the Alberg homestead between the years 1676-1786. Karen Mickelsdotter’s husband Jakob Eskilsson Saukko followed Lars Mickelsson as the master of Alberg. They used the last name Alperi or Alberi.
The vicar of Kokkola (Karleby) parish Isak Falander visited the chapel parish of Veteli in 1673. He asked if there was witchcraft practiced among the parishioners. A woman called Sisilia, the wife of Erik Pakkala, then told that she had seen Greta Håkansdotter take the Holy Bread out of her mouth and hide it while having Holy communion last Easter. Greta was taken to the court. She defended herself by explaining that as she had lost ther upper front teeth, she had to close her mouth with the help of her fingers. Greta was ordered to vow ”herself as the 12th” that she was not a witch. Finding 11 persons to wittness for her innocence must not have been easy in a small village. She either managed to do that or the charges were otherwise dropped, for she did not suffer a death sentence.

[h=2]Leila Hilja Annikki Syri
icn_world.gif
[/h] Swedish: Syri
Birth: February 23, 1937
Lestijärvi, Finland
Death: August 10, 2010 (73)
Södertälje, Stockholm County, Sweden
Place of Burial:Södertälje, Stockholm County, Sweden
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Matti Syri and <private> (Lintilä)
Wife of <private> Määttä
Mother of Maarit Helen Ströberg
DNA Markers: H95a

[h=2]Maija Kreeta Lintilä (Tuikka)
icn_world.gif
[/h]

Birth: March 20, 1879
Lestijärvi, Finland
Death: January 09, 1910
Lestijärvi, Finland

Maija Kreeta Lintilä (Tuikka)
icn_world.gif

Birth: March 20, 1879
Lestijärvi, Finland
Death: January 09, 1910
Lestijärvi, Finland

This thread has been viewed 27520 times.

Back