Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
I have recently found this site

http://haplogroup.org/mtdna/rsrs/l123456/l23456/l2346/l346/l34/l3/n/r/r0/hv/h/h95/h95a/

which shows that many H95a come from either Italy or USA ( where did they migrate from ?)

Of the Italians
one is my sister
one surname Calderan is from the Carnian Alps Friuli
and another is from Trentino region

My ftdna match is with a "south Swedish " whose ancestors date to 1645 , but is part of the south western Finnish ftdna project ( Kven people ?)

I do not know where I can retrieve HG ID from

I received another match in ftdna for mtdna H95a from Finnish/swedish ...............surname Ströberg

my matches now are 4 x Italians and 2 x finnish/swedes .................this does not include any from link in post #1

I received another match in ftdna for mtdna H95a from Finnish/swedish ...............surname Ströberg

my matches now are 4 x Italians and 2 x finnish/swedes .................this does not include any from link in post #1

another update, I now have

4 x italians ( Veneto, Friuli, Trento and the Carnian Alps ) and 3 from finland and sweden ...........latest surname Lassen

another update, I now have

4 x italians ( Veneto, Friuli, Trento and the Carnian Alps ) and 3 from finland and sweden ...........latest surname Lassen

as another H95a appears with surname Saloheimo ( I guess finnish ) then I have changed my mind and think that H95a is now swedish/finnish in origin even though H95 has only been found in "lombard lands" of Italy...Pavia, Bergamo and Sondrio

My guess is that either the longobards and or the goths/ostrogoths of the baltic sea brought this marker to Alpine Italy/austria

as another H95a appears with surname Saloheimo ( I guess finnish ) then I have changed my mind and think that H95a is now swedish/finnish in origin even though H95 has only been found in "lombard lands" of Italy...Pavia, Bergamo and Sondrio

My guess is that either the longobards and or the goths/ostrogoths of the baltic sea brought this marker to Alpine Italy/austria

more swedes with H95a

another high swedish match arrived today from kivik

so my high level matches are 80% swedes and 20% north-italian ............apart from veneto the other north -italian comes from Tramonti di Sopra

Another mtdna match for me in mtdna ( I only refer to top matches ) First non swede or non italian who matches me

surname Bihrle from Pfalz, Bavaria, Germany

Another H95a match with me
surname - Maria Michelli .....from Cavazzo Carnico in Friuli Italy
Her date is early 1800 .......
oops
forgot the other
surname Nevia Gei - Augsburg Bavaria .............seems like German born of Italian parents from Belluno province, Valle di Cadore

@Sile
Have you seen the Country Report for H95a? ->
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/mt-dna-haplotree/H
thanks ....I got on my ftdna 4 swedes.....the report is short of a few
Agneta Åkesson
H95a 3/15/2018
Birgitta Apollonia Lassen
H95a 5/10/2017
Maarit Ströberg
H95a 3/10/2017
Mrs. Elli Aino Sofia Luomanaho
Margareta Hokansdotter; b.1630; Ljungby Sweden H95a 3/4/2013
plus a bavarian
Plus got contact from Adriano ( the furlano who you know ) whose ancestor is also H95a ........had many chit-chats while I was on beach holidays
currently checking on these people for that marker instead of Goth or lombard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osi_(tribe)

I have just received another H95a match via ftdna

surname Bergstrand from Malmo Sweden

it would seem that H95a is more Swedish than alpine Italy or Austria

I have just received another H95a match via ftdna
surname Bergstrand from Malmo Sweden
it would seem that H95a is more Swedish than alpine Italy or Austria

Received a note from Bergstrand , origin of this person is from Bolzano, South Tyrol in Italy

I still think this markers origins is Swedish , either Ostrogoth or Longobard

The person whose is Bergstrand, has maternal surnames which are more Tyrolese than Italian or swedish

The following surnames have H95a mtdna , all living between Fonzaso, Bolzano, Innsbruck and Worgl ...............2 families ..............hard to keep track , when women accept the husbands surname

Pfannhauser
Keiblinger
Schweiger
Zochling
Gei
Micheli

Herta joanna Holler , born Bolzano is another H95a.......circa 1920ish

I ran the snptracker for h95a mtdna and it states/shows .....east austria
Then used for fathers T2b17.....it shows central germany rhine river area.....
Then on my grandfather mtdna T1a1e and it shows south sweden

Like a lot of others I was thinking in a northern origine (at Chalco ages or around), carried to Italy and South Germany by Germanics tribes; but this map seems saying another story. What is this map based on?

Like a lot of others I was thinking in a northern origine (at Chalco ages or around), carried to Italy and South Germany by Germanics tribes; but this map seems saying another story. What is this map based on?

Data is from ftdna analysis
http://scaledinnovation.com/gg/snpTracker.html
change symbol to female one to run your mtdna
The person does answer your queries

Spoke yesterday to the owner of my closest match for mtdna H95a

surname of the oldest in their line is Monte from Ragaogna Friuli circa 1820

my oldest is 1710 from Maser Veneto

other italian is surname Holler from Bolzano

then there is a Bavarian

and also 4 x swedes

This thread has been viewed 27519 times.

Back