If my mother(or father) married someone else, would I exist?

davef

Princess
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian,Irish,Jewish
Has anyone ever had this dilemma? I at times wonder whether I would exist or only carry half the genes I currently have if my father had sex with a different woman or had my mother had sex with a different man.

Lol this may be a bit off topic, but my dad came really close with many women but lost out due to a) either taking them out to dinner at cheap places like hot dog stands or b) getting into trouble with other men who found out he was dating a girl who wasn't his. He told me numerous times of when the captain of the football team at penn state caught him in his car with his girl. He, unwilling to quarrel with a big football player, immediately let her go lol. Then later he married my mother who comes from a family of physicians and engineers who "straightened him out" as he said. When she found out about my drinking habits when I was younger she was the scariest woman ever and put the fear of God in my heart. She will scare you and she knows all the tricks in the book.

I no longer drink like I did in the past it's not worth it. Night caps at best.

No, you wouldn't exist. We can say we are the lucky once given a chance to exist.

some or born by the coincidence that his/her father was a bit drunk that particular night ..

Lol this may be a bit off topic, but my dad came really close with many women but lost out due to a) either taking them out to dinner at cheap places like hot dog stands or b) getting into trouble with other men who found out he was dating a girl who wasn't his. He told me numerous times of when the captain of the football team at penn state caught him in his car with his girl. He, unwilling to quarrel with a big football player, immediately let her go lol. Then later he married my mother who comes from a family of physicians and engineers who "straightened him out" as he said. When she found out about my drinking habits when I was younger she was the scariest woman ever and put the fear of God in my heart. She will scare you and she knows all the tricks in the book.

a good mix of genes if you got in the right proportions

davef, it's an dilemma that many people have.

Thanks everyone! Luckily, my mother wasn't drunk when I was in her womb, in fact, a few hours before I was born, she wanted to eat KFC (yes, Kentucky Fried Chicken). I'm serous, it's a tale that my father loves to tell and it gets me every time. Lol! I popped out of her just a few hours after that meal (and it was a rather painful birth due to my large head...she said she had a real hard time squeezing me out bc my head is huge, especially compared to the rest of my body).

Btw I love KFC...

This thread has been viewed 3708 times.

Back