Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Excuse me for being off topic, but I read a long while ago that a direct descendent from the royal house of Savoy was E-V13. However there is no trace of this anymore anywhere. Was it just a rumor?
    Sorry, I can't help with that because I never heard that rumor, nor that anyone had suggested a certain yDna lineage for them.

Even if one of the few males left tested, I wouldn't go betting money that it's the yDna of the original founder of the line.

Anyway, from my vantage point they're one of the worst supposedly "Royal" houses in Europe and I doubt they have an ounce of actual "Italian" or even real "Savoyard" in them by this time. Pity they let them return from exile. On the other hand, it's let Italians with any sense whatsoever see how truly trivial and worthless they really are, for anyone who had forgotten.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Excuse me for being off topic, but I read a long while ago that a direct descendent from the royal house of Savoy was E-V13. However there is no trace of this anymore anywhere. Was it just a rumor?
    Ask him.

https://twitter.com/efsavoia

King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Sorry, I can't help with that because I never heard that rumor, nor that anyone had suggested a certain yDna lineage for them.

Even if one of the few males left tested, I wouldn't go betting money that it's the yDna of the original founder of the line.

Anyway, from my vantage point they're one of the worst supposedly "Royal" houses in Europe and I doubt they have an ounce of actual "Italian" or even real "Savoyard" in them by this time. Pity they let them return from exile. On the other hand, it's let Italians with any sense whatsoever see how truly trivial and worthless they really are, for anyone who had forgotten.
    I really cannot remember were I read it, but it must have been in one of the foras around when I started getting interested on the subject. Many posts are just mere gossip with no scientific basis or based on surname projects that could prove multi ydna lineages anyway. Example same has been speculated about Slobodan Milošević that he is E-V13. I'm not familiar with house of Savoy and their rule.....maybe I should read their history :)

King Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Augusta View Post
    Not sure if its a good idea :/ :).............

Moderator Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Not sure if its a good idea :/ :).............
    That rumor was based on someone who claimed to be descendant of the Savoy. Some Italian genealogists tried to verify, but it was quite impossible. The problem is that anyone can take a test and claim what he wants. Therefore these claims, also in FTDNA lists or any other site, should be taken with great caution. Italian genealogist sites are full of Italians, usually descendants of Italians who migrated abroad, who are convinced to be descendant of noble and illustrious Italian families only because they have a similar surname. Savoia is a common surname in Italy

http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cog...taliani/SAVOIA

King Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

That rumor was based on someone who claimed to be descendant of the Savoy. Some Italian genealogists tried to verify, but it was quite impossible. The problem is that anyone can take a test and claim what he wants. Therefore these claims, also in FTDNA lists or any other site, should be taken with great caution. Italian genealogist sites are full of Italians, usually descendants of Italians who migrated abroad, who are convinced to be descendant of noble and illustrious Italian families only because they have a similar surname. Savoia is a common surname in Italy

total agree

Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-CTS9320
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Greek

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    This Garibaldi is predicted to belong to E-FGC11457 using the Nevgen STR predictor.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

I have heard Serbs also brag about Miloshevic being e v13. They have a facebook page about it

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

It's the same in my mother's ancestral area. Malaspina, the name of our local barons, is not uncommon at all. It's all over my family tree. Carrying it means, as far as I'm concerned, that you're as likely to be descended from their grooms and tenants as you are to be descended from the family itself. By the same token, someone bearing a different name could indeed be descended from them You'd need ancient dna and/or the dna of the current descendants to be sure.

At any rate, even if I descend in part from some of them, it's probably so diluted by this point that it's highly unlikely I actually possess any dna from them.

Fwiw, that's more than fine with me. They were parasites, like most aristocrats, bleeding our area dry for hundreds of years.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 33.0%

I thought there was a move to dna test the remains of Garibaldi in the island off Sardinia. Garibaldi had sons from his Brazilian wife and from his mistress, he had a grandson of the same name born in Australia, he could have had sons. It would be better to track those descendants for dna than some obscure man supposedly a cousin of some sort who had the same surname from Liguria. What about Garibaldi's father? He must be buried somewhere in Italy or France considering Garibaldi was born in Nice.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla in lectus tortor. Vestibulum vel velit orci. Aenean sem eros, laoreet sed molestie nec, ultrices ut ante. Nullam laoreet metus elementum pellentesque faucibus. Maecenas sit amet malesuada elit. Suspendisse volutpat urna odio, eu consequat lectus pharetra sed. Aliquam a sollicitudin ipsum, id pretium nisl. Nulla quis odio vitae massa tincidunt faucibus. Pellentesque hendrerit et eros sit amet dapibus. Aliquam et faucibus elit, ut egestas nisl. Integer vestibulum odio velit, vel suscipit ante facilisis id. Nam tincidunt, orci id pharetra tincidunt, velit lacus ultrices lacus, a bibendum dui est id lectus. Nulla lorem lectus, imperdiet id vulputate eu, eleifend ac sem. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae;
    All posting on this forum is to be in English.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Mulatto

Possibly, although I am not entirely sure.

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95

I use this information for my school project in the future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12