New Cucuteni-Trypillia mtDNA

mtDNA looks like EEF with extra H

page_1_width_860.png

clusters with LBK, Starcevo, Barcin, neolithic Spain ..

they are all from 1 location, Verteba cava and retesting of the samples at GVSU gave some results different from HMS

Do we know anything about the distribution of U8b1b?

we know more about its sister U8b2 = K
and U8a and U8c are European mesolithic, but not U8b
if I'm allowed to make a guess, I'd associate U8b with Caucasian Epi-Gravettian, with Y-DNA J and with CHG

we know more about its sister U8b2 = K
and U8a and U8c are European mesolithic, but not U8b
if I'm allowed to make a guess, I'd associate U8b with Caucasian Epi-Gravettian, with Y-DNA J and with CHG

That would be very interesting if true, yes? There would be two possibilities in that case, perhaps? One would be some flow from the steppe of people carrying "Caucasus" like mtDna. Could the other be a sign of a late migration from Anatolia?

With all this ancient dna we still don't have samples from some key areas.

Ed. I hope you don't think I dislike speculating. It's fun and sometimes it even turns out to be correct. I just like it to be clear that's what it is, which is always the case with you anyway.

That would be very interesting if true, yes? There would be two possibilities in that case, perhaps? One would be some flow from the steppe of people carrying "Caucasus" like mtDna. Could the other be a sign of a late migration from Anatolia?

With all this ancient dna we still don't have samples from some key areas.

Ed. I hope you don't think I dislike speculating. It's fun and sometimes it even turns out to be correct. I just like it to be clear that's what it is, which is always the case with you anyway.

It is speculating Angela, and I like it, and I think it is good as long as you're able to keep an open mind.

After LGM Caucasian Epi-Gravettian spread into Transcaucasia where Satsurblia was found, but also in the Crimea area.

There are to many open spaces in between anciant DNA data, we can only see a few events, the rest is for our imagination.

U8b1b is extremely rare. In my collection it only exists in; Neolithic Hungary, Neolithic Turkey, Neolithic Germany, Bronze age Minoan, Medieval Turkey, Spain, Lebanon, Iran, Southern Italy.

Modern Spain and Neolithic Hungary are the only two with a somewhat decent frequency(1% or close to it).

U8b1a2b was also found in Tryillia. In my collection it only exists in Neolithic Hungary and Spain.

This thread has been viewed 4604 times.

Back