Afanasievo was R1b1a2

Johen

No. Afanasievo came from Pontic Steppe. Bolshemys was a dead end.

Last edited:
myself to myself (erratum)
...an other sub-brahcy types existed in Sth Scandinavia too, very different, more 'croma' with less brutal traits, lower skull but "fuller", more steepy frontal, broader jaw, smaller orbits, I think it has been found in Hvellinge or a name like that, not sure, it's my "B-borreby" (for what it's worth!) -
in fact, my "A-borreby" !!!
all the way these sub-brachy' types seem not older than about the 3000 BC in Denmark and do ressemble neither to the basis of the Steppic mix EHG/CHG nor to the precedent WHG - we have only our imagination without more data: 'alpine' input upon more "archaic" types? or a pop come from East through the South Finland/North Russia??? with some tiny pseudo 'east-asian' o rather 'siberian' input??? a tendancy towards light pigmentation in the forementioned area and the today rather light pigmentation of the types seems excluding the tempting 'alpine' input - a previously Y-Q pop? Uneasy to say. Crossings and isolation can produce so surprising phenotypes...

that said to come back to the thread, Afanasyevo did not come from Yamna pops, but rather both pops had a Central Asian pop common ancestors I think.-I wonder if R1a and R1b had not had tight and during enough contacts in East Steppes and North and shared since a long time a lot of females lineages; without speaking of their very ancient common origin - these clannic groups could have shared or exchanged a lot of females without breaking their so sacred male lineages.
concerning Eastern Scythians I'm not sure they originated in Altai; Altai was an edge of their vaste and maybe unstable territory where they met East Asian origin people come there since beginning of IA (or very LBA): a come back in Altai of East Asian previously expelled by Steppic tribes of West; Pazyryk culture is the result of their meating?

Sorry I'm not clear - the hypothetic Y-Q I speak of would only be the rare males of the 'siberian' part of the complex group of these sub-brachy robust types if they really came from North-East Europe (to be proved) - all that is very hypothetic, a "loud voice brain storm" of mine.

This thread has been viewed 26520 times.

Back