Classification

Heracles

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek
Im Greek. Can you classify me? Do I have any non European elements in my phenotype? Thanks

91ab460da43f2ba2771e20448a15c172.jpg

f4f3ffe0df7d738fca9f4c8cfa6e042c.jpg

f2995084dea25133c9b5d6fdf15d17db.jpg

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

You look Greek to me. Some Turks look like you too. Neighboring regions have some overlap.

Turks are originally, mongoloid with a lot of armenoid and kurdish admixture. In western turkey, due to originally inhabited by Greek populations, many of those so called "turks" have Greek origin.

Do I have anything non European in my features?
Non European = Mongoloid, arabid, negroid, armenoid.

Thanks for responding :)

ΑΙΕΝ ΑΡΙΣΤΕΥΕΙΝ ΚΑΙ ΥΠΕΙΡΟΧΟΝ ΕΜΜΕΝΑΙ ΑΛΛΩΝ

I remember hearing once that moles are considered a levantine trait? I'm balkan and I, my mom and dad all have at least 1 facial mole, they seem to be a common southern european trait, who knows, maybe its from stronger exposure to the sun... But I can't seem to find anything online corroborating this :p so, some food for thought!

I didnt always have the moles. They were created by lot of sun exposure.

Also, who are the levantines? Are they considered white Europeans?

Edit: i just looked at levantine people. They have nothing in common with my phenotype :p

I think you can fit anywhere from Iberia to Iran, but you look Greek first and foremost.

What do you mean i can fit anywhere ? Do i have iranian features? Arent iranians heavily arab mixed?

Can you elaborate the phenotypical features that makes you think i have arab features?

Albanian? Are you kidding me? They are dinarics and many are armenoids.
The albanians who look like me, are mostly of southern Epirus, who are Greek descendants.

Pontid? Is that a Euro phenotype? Or a mixed ?

What do you mean i can fit anywhere ? Do i have iranian features? Arent iranians heavily arab mixed?

Can you elaborate the phenotypical features that makes you think i have arab features?

Some Iranians and you share similar look, it doesn't mean that you look Iranian the same way some Spanish people share similar look with you. You can fit in those plases because you likely have both West Mediterranean (Neolithic Farmer) and also Anatolian Farmer/Neolithic Levantine genetic heritage which is a shared genetic heritage anywhere the Mediterranean regions.
Some Iranians can look like North Europeans, because they have some Indo-European ancestry, there is no "uniform" Iranian or any kind of look. I think you would fit better in parts of the Middle East than in Britain because British people have a completely different genetic heritage than an average Greek person.

Thats a depressing thought. So, what do I have different than these ancient Greek statues I see?

There is nothing to ask about, you are typical Greek.

You are Europid, mediterranid not mediterranoid a small but respectable chunk of dinaroid and armenoid features. Alpine elements are not visible from me. (pretty common receipe of the Hellenic people)

To clear some things I use the old fashion terminology and just naming things is a game which you have to agree at first hand with the variations of the Family of the European stock, so with few words Armenides are Europids.

Anyway you are familiar for me, I would place you at first sight to central and with a lot of disperse in Aegean Sea, not abscent at Ionian islands.

Your set of eyes strikes me mostly as north aegean and north Anatolian but not levantine.
I wonder your parents origins? -Probably today you are somewhere close to Patra ? -Corinthian gulf, Kineta? Beotia?
-Just guessing...

I dont recognize any respectable non european element.

No offense but ...I.94???
From the pictures I saw I would guess about 1.85 ,max

Keep on good shape, use a trimmer for your moustache, kiss deadly, pay your taxes.
Now you are Greek. :grin:

aahahahahahahahah PANAX you made my night :)
Yea im 1.94m and 98 kg.

Armenoids i thought are brachychephalic and you are the first to tell me i have features of an armenoid. What made you think this? Armenoids are brachychepalic, extreme forehead inclination, hooked nose, big jaw, etc. I have exactly the opposite of these features.

Both my parents are from Thrace.

Here is another photo so you can see my height clearly

IMG_20160904_110616[1].jpg

Albanian? Are you kidding me? They are dinarics and many are armenoids.
The albanians who look like me, are mostly of southern Epirus, who are Greek descendants.

Pontid? Is that a Euro phenotype? Or a mixed ?

There is nothing Albanian in you.
There are no Albanians of greek descendants. There is a small minority of greeks in south, but they are hellenised vlachs with few Albanians also assimilated in greeks.

I know that Dinaric phenotype always existed in Greece and that some Albanians are Dinarics, so they can pass for Greeks. But i have no Dinaric influence, as i see myself next to them.

We all mixed enough so pure samples is almost idealistic concept allthough there are some but rare, usually the modern population is a mix of many elements, maybe two ,three or more...

(sorry for the greeks)
so we say:
-ίδης = φυλή σωματολογικώς κατά το ήττον καθαρή. π.χ Ευρωπίδης, Νεγρίδης κλπ.

-οείδης= φυλή μικτή, όπου κυριαρχούν μερικώς τα γνωρίσματα της φυλής, που δηλώνει το πρώτο μέρος της λέξεως. π.χ Μογγολοείδης

I never meant that you are Armenide or Dinarid but for some features which all modern population of greece in a respectable deegree we all share.
Without doubt you are dolihocephalic which by itself indicate what i say to previous post that:
"You are Europid, mediterranid not mediterranoid " + minor features of other stocks.

Armenide features? - Long face, rich facial hair...
Dinaroid features? - the same
both mostly dark pigmented.

Anyway photos like maps can easily mislead us... your fourth picture strokes me different ...and both parents Thrace?

Now we have it
Europid ganzolid (thrace) gagaroid (athens). (y)

I Love Thrace, I served army sixteen months to the borders... Mine three AAA's of my life:

Athens/ Arta/ Alexandroupolis :heart:

I am Saracatsan both parents Valley of Acheloos (paleo balkano Chimpoid!)

1b14bce3479e98f0a2017f35392825b1.jpg

This is an armenoid. I believe I have nothing in common.

Also, rich facial hair had all ancient Greeks and im pretty sure, they werent armenoids. Also, scandinavians have rich facial hair. I think mediterranean, nordic and all their sub categories have rich facial hair.

You are a perfect Greek, obviously descendent of Greek Gods of Olympus.

This thread has been viewed 54936 times.

Back