Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 416

Thread: Share your 23andMe Ancestry Composition

  1. #351
    Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-04-18
    Posts
    572


    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by JajarBingan View Post
    Got any sources for these autosomal connections?


    Florin Stanciu,"Analiza markerilor STR autozomali"(Teza de doctorat).



    The maps with the Proto-Romanian sets of genes I have posted on the Vlach thread.



    However, they didn't missed the chance to say that" the Y-DNA chromosome analysis has proved the highest compatibility with Serbia and Macedonia, then,Bosnia and Croatia, proving the Slavic influence of the conquestors in the Proto-Romanian genetic pool."



    Basically, the Old Stalinist school,that doesn't prove why the Proto-Romanians weren't Slavicized,like the Balkanic ancestors of the South-Slavs.

  2. #352
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    JajarBingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-05-16
    Posts
    154
    Points
    2,599
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,599, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dreptul Valah View Post
    The counties that you have mentioned are very high in Proto-Romanian autosomes,these can also be found at significant levels only in the Albanian populations, it seems,the compatibility with Serbia is much smaller.
    Florin Stanciu,"Analiza markerilor STR autozomali".
    This boy?

    Presa Locală: Suntem slavi sau latini? Cu cine ne înrudim?
    Florin Stanciu: Din punct de vedere genetic suntem un amestec de influențe, din care, în zilele noastre cea slavă este dominantă. Acest lucru a fost dovedit studiind mai multe categorii de markeri genetici și folosind cele mai mari eșantioane populaționale pe care s-au făcut vreodată astfel de analize, în România.

    https://www.presalocala.com/2016/11/...ste-dominanta/

  3. #353
    Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-04-18
    Posts
    572


    Country: Romania



    Listen,Mickey Mouse,be careful with your form of addressation,I've googled for him,he is from Transylvania, judging by the speech,that's why the Proto-Romanian genes are called "Latin".

  4. #354
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    domogled's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-10-18
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    25
    Points
    1,135
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,135, Level: 8
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Z25461*/E-S19928*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2f1a1*

    Ethnic group
    Southern European 81.1%; Greek&Balkan 78.8%
    Country: UK - Wales



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreptul Valah View Post
    The counties that you have mentioned are very high in Proto-Romanian autosomes,these can also be found at significant levels only in the Albanian populations, it seems,the compatibility with Serbia is much smaller.


    Plus,these counties are connected in a single set of genes,that clearly looks Proto-Wallachian,the other two ,Bukovinian-Maramures-Cris and Northern Transylvanian-Moldavian,all of them,I repeat,mainly connected with the Albanian samples.



    Even if in the town may have lived other populations, as usual,I really don't know why you don't say anything about Romanians.



    In many Romanian towns,the Greek,Balkanic, German,Jewish,etc.,populations had barely survived Communism,proportionally, because much more peasants from the countryside were moved here.
    Thanks for bringing it up in the front.. ;)
    I have zero connections with Albania, zero with Montenegro and zero with FYROM
    Moreover, the particular E-V13 clade I am A+ is not at all an albanian, bulgarian or serbian one... but apparently S19928* has on yfull only two italian results one from Bergamo and another one from Cagliari.
    As the Yseq test came negative at G for the branch below S19928, the BY4518/BY4507 my final result is S19928*...again not an albanian, serbian or bulgarian clade of CTS 9320.
    The romanians start to move in newly built town of Turnu Severin from the ex capital of The Mehedinti county - Cerneti around 1915, till then roughly 80% of the population (according to a census from around 1910) was anything else but Romanian from the villages around.
    Unfortunately the town had barriers at its entrances and the jandarms were forcing the peasants coming to sell their products in the market to take of their "opinci and itari" At that very moment my ancestors on my fathers side were already at the third generation, I can share with you a picture from the railway station at the reception of a newly delivered Skoda locomotive. My great grandfather was a driver/ engineer on a steam locomotive around the period of the Balkanic wars.
    I can tell you many things about the Romanians who came into the city after they decided to move from Cerneti, yet I'm afraid it is not relevant for the discussion as I am not searching for the history of the town from 1915 onward.
    The forced industrialization during commie times is another chapter in town's history I'm afraid.



    Last edited by domogled; 22-01-19 at 21:16. Reason: pics links added

  5. #355
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    JajarBingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-05-16
    Posts
    154
    Points
    2,599
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,599, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreptul Valah View Post
    Listen,Mickey Mouse,be careful with your form of addressation,I've googled for him,he is from Transylvania, judging by the speech,that's why the Proto-Romanian genes are called "Latin".
    Shepherd boy, I'm not trying to be rude, but you can't just outright lie and quote him as evidence. The guy clearly says the opposite from you.
    Here's a translation for the non-Romanian speakers.

  6. #356
    Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-04-18
    Posts
    572


    Country: Romania



    I said," from the study",he has many papers.

    This is the last time when I'm asking you to behave nice.

  7. #357
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    JajarBingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-05-16
    Posts
    154
    Points
    2,599
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,599, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dreptul Valah View Post
    I said," from the study",he has many papers.

    This is the last time when I'm asking you to behave nice.
    Well, here's Wallachia: https://hrcak.srce.hr/file/63794

    "We analyzed 1910 unrelated individuals from 14 of 15counties in Wallachia region as follows: 259 samples fromArgeş, 148 from Brăila, 10 from Buzău, 11 from Călăraşi, 215from Dâmboviţa, 288 from Dolj, 114 from Giurgiu, 154 fromGorj, 117 from Ialomiţa, 113 from Ilfov, 122 from Mehedinţi,20 from Olt, 331 from Prahova, and 8 from Teleorman. Theregion of the Romanian capital city, Bucharest, was excluded from the study.

    Results With the exception of vWA locus (P=0.001), noother significant deviations from Hardy-Weinberg expectations were found. Single locus comparisons with dataon geographically close populations showed significantdifferences between the population of Wallachia and thepopulation of Bucharest area, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Hungary, Belarus, and Poland, but no differences were found fromthe population from Croatia and Serbia.Conclusion According to 15 analyzed STR loci, the population of Wallachia region was found to be genetically moresimilar to Slavic populations of Croatia and Serbia than toother surrounding populations."

  8. #358
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    1,698
    Points
    21,048
    Level
    44
    Points: 21,048, Level: 44
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY7449*>YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Ethnic group
    España
    Country: Spain



    How have you seen my results? They are on page 14, one month the thread is stopped, I publish my results and they are buried in 10 minutes. The percentage that I have taken from Iberia the strongest color on the maps means the possible origin, since the colors on the maps appear stronger in the center and decrease in tone as they move away from the epicenter. The removal of a somewhat higher percentage of Western and Central Europe than in Iberia itself may be of a relatively modern origin or may be older. And 10% of Southeastern Europe, which includes so many countries, what historical explanation can it have in relation to Spain? As much as 4% of North Africa can be Carthaginians or it would be in a more modern period. What do you think?

  9. #359
    Thorr vigi Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thorbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-14
    Location
    NJ @ the shore
    Posts
    44
    Points
    3,825
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,825, Level: 17
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV4a

    Ethnic group
    European-American, mostly Italian & Sicilian
    Country: United States



    It looks like 23andMe "re-somethinged" their Ancestry Composition reports

    It looks like the Ancestry Composition reports has changed in its breakdown. Being half Sicilian and half southern Italian I can understand the Greek influence. Middle Eastern is gone and looks like it was rolled into Western Asian & North African. It looks like several categories were rolled into others.

    Is this change a result of better testing and analysis, and grouping? More people testing?

    This was my original Ancestry Composition from 2015 (I don't have the graphic on this computer).

    European 86.5%
    Southern European 81.4%
    Italian 70.8%
    Balkan 0.2%
    Broadly Southern European 10.4%
    Northwestern European 1.4%
    Broadly Northwestern European 1.4%
    Ashkenazi 0.1%
    Broadly European 3.6%
    Middle Eastern & North African 12.9%
    Middle Eastern 10.7%
    North African 1.1%
    Broadly Middle Eastern & North African 1.2%

    Here is the new one.



    Oops... I should have checked this thread, if this one should be moved, I'm cool with that. https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/36919-Any-thoughts-on-Admixture-distributions-re-the-new-update




  10. #360
    Spammer Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    22-07-18
    Posts
    377
    Points
    2,436
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,436, Level: 13
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%


    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    How have you seen my results? They are on page 14, one month the thread is stopped, I publish my results and they are buried in 10 minutes. The percentage that I have taken from Iberia the strongest color on the maps means the possible origin, since the colors on the maps appear stronger in the center and decrease in tone as they move away from the epicenter. The removal of a somewhat higher percentage of Western and Central Europe than in Iberia itself may be of a relatively modern origin or may be older. And 10% of Southeastern Europe, which includes so many countries, what historical explanation can it have in relation to Spain? As much as 4% of North Africa can be Carthaginians or it would be in a more modern period. What do you think?
    It seems you have ancestry in common with those living there now.

  11. #361
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-01-12
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    922
    Points
    12,914
    Level
    34
    Points: 12,914, Level: 34
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by domogled View Post
    The second iteration in the recently unlocked "beta" section came with significant updates for me as well.
    As i cannot add links to any print screen crops I will just list the updated composition with its subsequent changes:

    European 99.9%

    I Greek&Balkan 86.1%

    I.a Romania - Highly Likely Match:

    • Cluj County
    • Sibiu
    • Brașov County
    • Dolj County
    • Mehedinți County
    • Argeș County
    • Ialomița County
    • Bucharest
    • Alba County
    • Mureș County


    I.b Greece - Likely Match:

    • Peloponnese
    • Ionian Islands


    I.c Bulgaria - Possible Match:

    • Lovec
    • Veliko Tarnovo Province
    • Burgas
    • Silistra


    I.d Croatia - Possible Match:

    Šibenik-Knin County

    I.e Serbia - Possible Match:

    • South Backa District
    • South Banat District
    • Pirot District
    • Bor District
    • Podunavlje District


    I.f Bosnia i Hertzegovina - Possible Match:

    • Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Republika Srpska



    II. Eastern European 3.4%

    II.a Poland - Possible Match:

    • Lesser Poland Voivodeship
    • Podkarpackie Voivodeship
    • Silesian Voivodeship


    II.b Ukraine - Possible Match:
    no particular region found

    III. Italian 3.3%

    III.a Italy - Likely Match:

    • Sicily
    • Campania
    • Abruzzo
    • Emilia-Romagna
    • Apulia


    French & German 0.3%
    "We’re working to identify your more detailed French & German ancestry"

    Broadly Southern European 3.3%
    Broadly Northwestern European 0.2%
    Broadly European 3.3%




    Melanesian 0.1%


    Broadly Melanesian 0.1%
    "We’re working to identify your more detailed Melanesian ancestry"




    Additionally I calculated the percentage of relatives from, the total number of inhabitants in each country I have genetic relatives and I've found quite interesting results. From the start I didn't take into account the USA results (225) as they are all European descendants yet impossible to fit them in any European category.

    By far, the most stunning result correlated with country's population is the one from Croatia 27 relatives out of 4.15 millions inhabitants 0.000006506% and all of them from a tiny region on the Dalmatian coast, second comes the percentage relative to Romania 110 relatives out of 19.64 millions inhabitants 0.0000056008%, third comes the Slovakian with 22 relatives out of 5.435 millions 0.0000040478, fourth Greece 36 relatives out of 10.77 millions 0.0000033426% and finally BiH 11 results out of 3.507 millions, 0.0000031366.
    I just notice a quite strong Croatian connection and adding its neighboring regions of Bosnia and Serbia...it gets even further interesting. In Bosnia and Herzegovina(11 connections) the higher number of relatives comes from the confederation of croats and muslims, neighboring the very Šibenik-Knin County of Croatia(the one giving all my 27 connections from there) as from Serbia(15 connections), the highest number of connections comes from South Backa District, again neighboring a Croatian county of Vukovar Srijem.
    And the final idea about that, I share with Poland 40 relatives all spread in 3 southern regions of Poland, a very interesting find being that these 3 actual regions were known in the XI-th century as Chrobatia region inside Poland, an area known as being inhabited by white croatians. From there they seem have migrated into the Balkans and settled on the dalmatian coast.
    Perhaps my family name makes more sense in the context? I prefer not to think it is just coincidental... it is ... what/as it is. I am curious to see my French&German connections, perhaps with a future iteration, that section will receive some spots on the map as well.
    What i am really curious and a bit baffled is that neither for Hungary nor for Slovakia with whom I share 22 relatives each, there is no point of presence on the Eastern European map.
    With Germany I share 26 connections while with Austria 17.
    Lol, so the people from Cluj County are near the people from Dolj county the and people from Mehedinti county and even near the people from Bucharest, as genetics?
    I think most people from Cluj county would not be so happy, if they will find out these things.
    :)

  12. #362
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    JajarBingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-05-16
    Posts
    154
    Points
    2,599
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,599, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    Lol, so the people from Cluj County are near the people from Dolj county the and people from Mehedinti county and even near the people from Bucharest, as genetics?
    I think most people from Cluj county would not be so happy, if they will find out these things.
    :)
    All Romanians are closer to each other than to neighbours generally. But that's not what you have read. Those counties are where his personal matches come from. So the distribution is specific to him. Bucharest, like all other capitals, should bot be taken into consideration, since it has people from all over the country.

  13. #363
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Aspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-17
    Posts
    108
    Points
    2,033
    Level
    12
    Points: 2,033, Level: 12
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y16729
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Macedonian
    Country: Lesotho



    0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by domogled View Post
    Thanks for bringing it up in the front.. ;)
    I have zero connections with Albania, zero with Montenegro and zero with FYROM
    Moreover, the particular E-V13 clade I am A+ is not at all an albanian, bulgarian or serbian one... but apparently S19928* has on yfull only two italian results one from Bergamo and another one from Cagliari.
    As the Yseq test came negative at G for the branch below S19928, the BY4518/BY4507 my final result is S19928*...again not an albanian, serbian or bulgarian clade of CTS 9320.
    The romanians start to move in newly built town of Turnu Severin from the ex capital of The Mehedinti county - Cerneti around 1915, till then roughly 80% of the population (according to a census from around 1910) was anything else but Romanian from the villages around.
    Unfortunately the town had barriers at its entrances and the jandarms were forcing the peasants coming to sell their products in the market to take of their "opinci and itari" At that very moment my ancestors on my fathers side were already at the third generation, I can share with you a picture from the railway station at the reception of a newly delivered Skoda locomotive. My great grandfather was a driver/ engineer on a steam locomotive around the period of the Balkanic wars.
    I can tell you many things about the Romanians who came into the city after they decided to move from Cerneti, yet I'm afraid it is not relevant for the discussion as I am not searching for the history of the town from 1915 onward.
    The forced industrialization during commie times is another chapter in town's history I'm afraid.


    I don't want to be rude but you having zero connections to the countries you've mentioned in your post is very obvious since you are a Romani,
    as you said in your previous posts that all your ancestry is from Romania!
    As Romanian however, you are more closely related to the people of the countries you mentioned in your post than the Italians!
    If you have tested negative for all known branches under S19928, doesn't mean that you will form a branch with some of the Italians!
    To find out if so, you need to do NGS test, BIG Y-500 for example, join the e-m35 dna project and ask the admins when your results are ready, if you form a branch with those Italians or simply send your BAM file to YFULL and you will find out if so!
    In fact, in the E-M35 dna project, there is an Albanian with the exact terminal SNP as yours, S19928, TMRCA 2800 ybp!
    Also, there are people from Hungary and Slovakia which are neighboring countries of Romania!

  14. #364
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    domogled's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-10-18
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    25
    Points
    1,135
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,135, Level: 8
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Z25461*/E-S19928*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2f1a1*

    Ethnic group
    Southern European 81.1%; Greek&Balkan 78.8%
    Country: UK - Wales



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    You don't want to be rude but you call me romani? Am i romani? How do you know that ? Did you check my passport? Since when I became romani, have I moved somehow from India/Pakistan and I am a matusalem living since hundreds of years ?
    Do you have any clue what you're talking about or you just glued ideas from here and there?
    Where exactly I stated all my ancestry is from Romania and when exactly an ancestry starts from? Hello are you delusional drunk or high? My ancestry starts wherever and whenever I want to put a marker, 7000 years ago if i consider my paternal line and E-V13 as a satisfactory answer given by 23andme. 2800 years ago if the answer given by yseq quenches my thirst for knowledge. What does ancestry translate in your book? The only relatives in your album with pictures? You don't have the decency to state your real location nor any known affiliation to any haplogroup yet you have the nerve to come and teach me lessons. Do you think your mockery and cheap pseudo knowledge scores high?
    How do you know I have zero connections with stated countries have you checked my yet unpost print screens? Are you a seer? A clairvoyant perhaps? A magician by any chance?
    I mean... HOW DARE YOU?
    I don't need neither your advices nor your suggestions, as for other members reading now I kindly inform you if it is relevant and to your concern, that I am already a member of the double helix/haplozone and in contact with Steve an S19928 well known contributor to the L618-V13 understanding.
    But to you uninvited guest I'm afraid it is not your business to know at all about that matey just because... you don't want to be rude ;)

    S19928
    is just now having its new subbranches proposed:
    BY104590 (B38) 13749830 T>G
    BY110859 (B38) 14778447 G>A
    BY202815 (B38) 8696067 G>A
    apart of the BY4518 the one I already know I am negative of.
    BY20073 the current separate listed by ftDNA subbranch might prove to be the fifth it is not a definitive subbranch as not recognized as so by yfull ;)

    To summarize, S19928* is simply my official final result YSEQ gave me and in my previous post I mentioned Yfull tree, you mention a collection of ftDNA results mixed together and perhaps a ftDNA tree which is solely based on their BigY test. Is it the fundamental truth, the sole and the one and only? Indeed they choose to put the two Italian samples in BY20073 separate branch, if that could be called a branch...or is it maybe a custom family test ?
    Do you know how many S19928 samples have been discovered so far worldwide? 19 !
    "As for the currently identified S19928s I know of nineteen. Ten have done NGS testing and I am one of them. From the ten that have tested I can say at present that there will be at least five sub branches.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Regards
    Steve"
    So deeply sorry mate for fitting aside the two Italian samples, that is what Yfull is saying E-Z25461* <=>E-S19928* and inside there only two results:

    • id:YF10128ITA [IT-BG]
    • id:ERS255996ITA [IT-CA]

    In the V13 tree maintained by the same double helix E-L618 phylogeny enthusiast (Steve Fix) the BY20073 doesn't exist as well. Do you think this super guru of E-V13 doesn't know about the ftDNA tree, why they both (y full and double helix) chose to ignore the results as being in a separate branch yet there are 3 new proposed new branches? Mate I exchange e mails on the subject with him on daily basis.
    And what's the "TMRCA" of these two particular samples, by any chance 2800 ybp, same as S19928? The only proved to be distinct sub branch is BY4518 having TMRCA 2000 ybp, a proper, younger sub branch ! Do you have strong reasons to believe these 2 samples belong in a separate branch? If in your opinion only the ftDNA opinion is relevant, are they the only ones doing phylogeny or they are somehow merely a company providing the tools and letting some others to give/understand the answers ...;)
    Even had I known all my paternal ancestry all the way from 2000 years ago till now,still there would be an 800 years gap to that precise moment of split. Why are you mixing so conveniently what a company like 23andme is offering and whose approach and updated tools for finding connections we were trying to understand here, with what I was looking from exactly the opposite end of the unknown gap? Current ancestry I share with certain regions from certain countries according to 23andme might have no connection whatsoever with the phylogeny of S19928 and its subsequent branches who knows how many they'll prove to be and however distant one form another they are.
    Do tell me please you mistake a romanian with a romani and all was just a typo. Frankly, I tend to disbelief utterly such a "naive" mistake and i do take it as a mockery combined with patronizing attitude.
    However, you don't seem to know much about S19928 yet here you are eager to give me unasked advices and ready to educate me. How about: bugger off?
    As you mentioned the slovakian sample, it comes together with the austrian and the irish sample and they do indeed form a different subbranch the BY 4507/4518. And by the way, so unfortunately... no hungarian result I'm afraid, perhaps the italian flag is just twitching itself on your screen.
    So ftDNA is showing an albanian sample, also a turkish a romanian a bulgarian, a fyrom, two german, and a french...perhaps too widely spread for a branch or still an Easter egg the S19928 with its all around Europe presence more like CTS9320 itself... But what do i know...innit?

    Would you please do me the courtesy not to quote any of my posts again, and furthermore not to give me any unasked advice:) cheerz in advance for that. We were discussing here humble 23andme speculations and findings, a tea break chat room if the description pleases you, all based on their new iteration on refining test results. Most definitely not NGS or my YSEQ SNP's research. Whence and whether such a wanton thought of an NGS might eventually cross my mind, to do test in such direction, perhaps never to come true.
    bye !

    Last edited by domogled; 24-01-19 at 21:49. Reason: pics links added and a quote

  15. #365
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    JajarBingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-05-16
    Posts
    154
    Points
    2,599
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,599, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Romanian
    Country: Romania



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    I don't want to be rude but you having zero connections to the countries you've mentioned in your post is very obvious since you are a Romani,
    as you said in your previous posts that all your ancestry is from Romania!
    As Romanian however, you are more closely related to the people of the countries you mentioned in your post than the Italians!
    If you have tested negative for all known branches under S19928, doesn't mean that you will form a branch with some of the Italians!
    To find out if so, you need to do NGS test, BIG Y-500 for example, join the e-m35 dna project and ask the admins when your results are ready, if you form a branch with those Italians or simply send your BAM file to YFULL and you will find out if so!
    In fact, in the E-M35 dna project, there is an Albanian with the exact terminal SNP as yours, S19928, TMRCA 2800 ybp!
    Also, there are people from Hungary and Slovakia which are neighboring countries of Romania!
    I'm pretty sure that Macedonians are more Gypsy admixed than Romanians.

  16. #366
    Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,910
    Points
    95,245
    Level
    96
    Points: 95,245, Level: 96
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,805
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I see quite a few more DNA matches being added from the end of year sale. I wonder if that means an update will being coming soon.

  17. #367
    Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-04-18
    Posts
    572


    Country: Romania



    0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by JajarBingan View Post
    Well, here's Wallachia: https://hrcak.srce.hr/file/63794
    "We analyzed 1910 unrelated individuals from 14 of 15counties in Wallachia region as follows: 259 samples fromArgeş, 148 from Brăila, 10 from Buzău, 11 from Călăraşi, 215from Dâmboviţa, 288 from Dolj, 114 from Giurgiu, 154 fromGorj, 117 from Ialomiţa, 113 from Ilfov, 122 from Mehedinţi,20 from Olt, 331 from Prahova, and 8 from Teleorman. Theregion of the Romanian capital city, Bucharest, was excluded from the study.
    Results With the exception of vWA locus (P=0.001), noother significant deviations from Hardy-Weinberg expectations were found. Single locus comparisons with dataon geographically close populations showed significantdifferences between the population of Wallachia and thepopulation of Bucharest area, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Hungary, Belarus, and Poland, but no differences were found fromthe population from Croatia and Serbia.Conclusion According to 15 analyzed STR loci, the population of Wallachia region was found to be genetically moresimilar to Slavic populations of Croatia and Serbia than toother surrounding populations."


    After Serbia and Croatia, the third related country is Greece(at only one locus),which automatically leads also to a connection with Albania,that is not included in the study,because it is located between ;and the common background for these three countries is the Paleo-Balkanic populations, not the Slavs.




    Perhaps, the Romanian study has tried to prove a dull Vlach migration, from the Adriatic, inside the Kingdom of Hungary,with no statality,leaving the Asen's state to Aromanians and Bulgarians, as it was the tradition,we all know that you used to post this scenario extremely often, because you have probably read it in an Hungarian book.

  18. #368
    Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-04-18
    Posts
    572


    Country: Romania



    0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    EDIT


    I don't want to hear you about Slavs,at least not when I'm on the forum!

  19. #369
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    TardisBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-17
    Posts
    116
    Points
    5,651
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,651, Level: 22
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    MtDNA haplogroup
    W3a1

    Ethnic group
    Cheesy macaroni
    Country: France



    European : 98.1%
    Italian 66.1%
    French and German: 3.8%
    British and Irish : 2.6%
    Iberian : 1.5%
    Balkan : 1%
    Broadly Southern Euro : 12.7%
    Broadly Northwestern Euro : 7.3%
    Broadly Euro : 3.1%
    Western Asia and North African : 1.5%

  20. #370
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,552
    Points
    291,909
    Level
    100
    Points: 291,909, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by TardisBlue View Post
    European : 98.1%
    Italian 66.1%
    French and German: 3.8%
    British and Irish : 2.6%
    Iberian : 1.5%
    Balkan : 1%
    Broadly Southern Euro : 12.7%
    Broadly Northwestern Euro : 7.3%
    Broadly Euro : 3.1%
    Western Asia and North African : 1.5%
    Well, that's certainly an unexpected result. Are all your grandparents French? From what areas in France do they come?


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  21. #371
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    TardisBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-17
    Posts
    116
    Points
    5,651
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,651, Level: 22
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    MtDNA haplogroup
    W3a1

    Ethnic group
    Cheesy macaroni
    Country: France



    Hi Angela,
    My mother's family is mostly from NE France (Champagne), my father's family's from Campania, Italy.
    My genealogy goes like this:
    50% Campania (paternal side)
    37.5% Champagne (maternal side)
    12.5% Haute-Savoie (maternal side)

    Only the Italian DNA was detected (highly likely match, regional breakdown: Campania on top). They couldn't identify the French part (it's only identified as 'French & German').

    ADDED: sorry, hadn't read the opening post: "Please only share your results if all your ancestors come from the same country!"
    Ignore my results then
    Last edited by TardisBlue; 26-01-19 at 15:35.

  22. #372
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    1,698
    Points
    21,048
    Level
    44
    Points: 21,048, Level: 44
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY7449*>YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Ethnic group
    España
    Country: Spain



    Attachment 10672
    Attachment 10673

    Attachment 10674
    Hi, how are you? I have these results of mine that I have finally obtained. I have put them here because there are so many threads without answering, well, what is all this. before dying I want to know.

  23. #373
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    1,698
    Points
    21,048
    Level
    44
    Points: 21,048, Level: 44
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY7449*>YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Ethnic group
    España
    Country: Spain



    I think I've already solved it. I have many problems to upload images.

  24. #374
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-05-17
    Posts
    2,877
    Points
    34,741
    Level
    57
    Points: 34,741, Level: 57
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Overall activity: 99.2%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Share your 23andMe Ancestry Composition

    @Carlos we can’t see your results.
    Don’t Depart yet !

    —-EDIT—-
    now we can; Surprise, surprise, you’re a Spaniard, SPANIARD! lol

    The results at the TOP are a list of what you are made of and by how much.
    How to make a Carlos: lol
    Ingredients - 40.8% of North Atlantic DNA, 29.04 of West Mediterranean DNA, ...


    The BOTTOM shows how similar you are to the populations in the list.

    Generally the Spreadsheets list what criteria they used to assign each “INGREDIENT” to each Ancestry
    (How to make a Spaniard, or how to make a French, ...)
    (How to make a Spaniard of Cantabria, or how to make a Spaniard from Andalusia).



    We are a Mosaic of our Ancestors!

    Same reasoning applies to the Ancient population results.
    They try to find out how much DNA you still retain and have in common with Ancient Civilizations, or ancient individuals from a specific geographic area.
    Last edited by Salento; 04-02-19 at 03:34.
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

  25. #375
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    1,698
    Points
    21,048
    Level
    44
    Points: 21,048, Level: 44
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY7449*>YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Ethnic group
    España
    Country: Spain



    Attachment 10682

    And here is my cheese. Are you agree? Something to object?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •