H1

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

Geno 2.0 results from Lyon, France

South European : 65 %
    Scandinavia : 34 %

Y-DNA : I1-Z138
    MtDNA : H1e1a

My rate in Scandinavia is strange for me who lives in Lyon. Could it come from my maternal grandfather who was born in Alsace?

I1-Z138 came with the Burgundians?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lyonnist View Post

My rate in Scandinavia is strange for me who lives in Lyon. Could it come from my maternal grandfather who was born in Alsace?

Burgundians are known to have originated from Scandinavia also known to have settled in Lyon.

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Geno 2.0's autosomal report is not reliable. It depends which version you have, but I suppose your only possibilities in Europe were Scandinavian (or North Europe) and Mediterranean, right?

As for I1-Z138, it is found a bit everywhere in Europe, even in Italy and Portugal, so only deeper clades could determine the more precise origins. In your region it could also be Frankish, Suebi/Alemani or even Gothic.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Geno 2.0's autosomal report is not reliable. It depends which version you have, but I suppose your only possibilities in Europe were Scandinavian (or North Europe) and Mediterranean, right?

As for I1-Z138, it is found a bit everywhere in Europe, even in Italy and Portugal, so only deeper clades could determine the more precise origins. In your region it could also be Frankish, Suebi/Alemani or even Gothic.
    No, I had the improved version. With the British Isles, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, etc.

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

No, I had the improved version. With the British Isles, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, etc.
    Even with the improved version, you get 0% of Western Europe! Then even the improved version sucks big time.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Even with the improved version, you get 0% of Western Europe! Then even the improved version sucks big time.
    Hi Maciamo, I'm a participant for the new Helix version of NG next gen 2.0. The version I took has Europe broken up into a few different regions now. I took some screen caps of my results, with descriptions of what they mean. I'm from almost all parts of europe with the exception of Iberia (southwest Europe) and Sardinia & Corscia (West Mediterranean). Check it out, I'd like to know if you think it is an improvement from previous iterations:

EDIT:

Its important for me to note that the circles on the satellite map are arbitrary, as they shrink when you zoom in on the map. Thus the tiny preview maps are the real regions they are talking about.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    likely(E-Y125227)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv

a person from france don't get west central euro and they gave me 17% west central euro
    they are a joke they are good for mtdna and y dna lines and the neaderthal %
    but there autosomal is a joke .....