Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Europe is racist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I don't really agree that it is language that is causing all these problems in the EU. Take Turkey for example, I think religion is the biggest problem. I think this is the major reason why they are not accepted to be a member of the EU.

Other than that the border, I don't think the EU like the idea of being neighbours with radical muslims.

I don't think Europeans accept Turkish as Europeans, they don't see Turkish culture as an European one. There is also economy, geography and politics.

With other European countries I think it is mostly culture, and economics. The rest yes but less of a problem.
    Europe has also nationalism which can be confused with racism. Different languages means that Europeans study different national histories. The same historical event is interpreted differently. Let say Roman Empire is seen as a great thing by those not affected, but not necessarily Egyptians see it as a good thing.Its like present day English see their Empire as a civilization builder, but Indians see them as exploiters. European histories have many contradictory histories like that, which are taught at school, and this is where misunderstandings about other people rise. The Idea of Europe is not simply race, its mostly culture, which is to say tolerance, celebration of nudity, participation in art and science, liberalism, celebration of women's power etc.. Turkey does not share many of this values that's why they are seen as intruders in European culture. Religion plays a role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by berun View Post
    Europeans use to think that their countries are democratic, tolerant, advanced, humanist and so on. The reality is that the big ones in Europe keep their neocolonialism through corrupting governments in underdeveloped countries, and common Europeans don't care much about the semi-slavist companies mading their shoes or wear in such countries.

That's so normal that few people cares about neocolonialism or modern slaving.
    "Corrupting governments", heard for so many times that we are the responsible of corruption in the 3rd World. But corruption keeps being rampant in certain parts of the world, and the 'root of the Evil' is nowhere close in corruption levels.
    But corruption and slavery are because of 'neocolonialism'...

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    For someone to argue racism has no special relation to Europeans/whites they'd have to ignore 100s of years of European imperialism/colonization which involved a lot of racism. To me it seems Angela and others might be going that route. Racism does have a special relation to Europeans.
    No. Racism, as well as sexism, or any other bad quality, is a sentiment that can arise in any person, any people...
    Why should we consider you the good one because you are at the bottom of the pyramid?

For example, racism keeps being rampant among US Blacks, they're obsessed with race. Even though racism is not really their problem today. Their problem is economic, everybody talks with them, befriend them, they can be with whites and its mm's absolutely normal...
    But they don't talk that much about oportunities, they keep talking about race...

2 members found this post helpful.
    Black Lives Matter is racist indeed!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian

Xenophobia and racism are not exclusive to certain countries or continents. In my country, Uruguay, we boast of being tolerant, and we sometimes complain about some episodes of rejection towards our compatriots in some countries. But in recent years, we have had a significant migration from Caribbean countries (Cuba, Venezuela, Dominican Republic) ... and there are occasional episodes of rejection towards them.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    Xenophobia and racism are not exclusive to certain countries or continents. In my country, Uruguay, we boast of being tolerant, and we sometimes complain about some episodes of rejection towards our compatriots in some countries. But in recent years, we have had a significant migration from Caribbean countries (Cuba, Venezuela, Dominican Republic) ... and there are occasional episodes of rejection towards them.
    I couldn't agree with you more; in my experience far eastern countries like Japan and China, for example, are far more racist than Europeans, and openly so.

We should just acknowledge that it exists but should be eradicated. No matter the differences between "races", or "continental breeding groups", which is lately used by some population geneticists, there is no conceivable reason or excuse for treating one group of people as "less than" another, or denying them the basic human rights. It's immoral and counter-productive for the world as a whole, and it has to stop.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Even though most of Europeans are not racist,European capitalism is definitely the most racist capitalist system on earth.Other racist system are derived from European capitalist racism.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by 中国韭菜 View Post
    Even though most of Europeans are not racist,European capitalism is definitely the most racist capitalist system on earth.Other racist system are derived from European capitalist racism.
    We now have an inversion of this very concept you put forward; woke capitalism, which some would say is racist against Europeans.

‘Woke’ Corporations Use the Chinese Model

They make a profit and suppress dissent at the same time.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/woke-co...el-11619476547

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by 中国韭菜 View Post
    Says someone, who, if he is to believed, is from the most racist area(s) on the planet.

Also, last time I checked, Japan was a capitalist country; in fact, they hold the record for how quickly they switched to capitalism. Of course, they definitely had a racist, capitalist system. I mean, why do you think they invaded Southeast Asia, and treated the people there like slaves? Their behavior even in China was horrific.

Strange that someone from the far east is ignorant of all this history.

Do we have another sock here? No surprise if so, as the site seems to be full of them. They're the ones posting most frequently. What a mess.

If we defend our culture that's doesn't mean that we are racists

It think discrimination and racism in Europe is less about race and more about nationalities. Some might not hate North African (brown) people but do hate morrocans for example. You won't hear people complaining about black people in general but about "those bloody Eritreans".

It was European colonialism that was actually racist in the 19th century and in the early 20th century. Imperial Japan was built on the European model of colonialism and the concept of the master race was incorporated into the Japanese model of colonialism. Nowadays, overt racism in Europe is geographically restricted to former communist countries where Stalinist racism is still alive. Communism's promise of racial equality did not materialize in the Soviet Union. Ethnic minorities were declared to be the enemies of the state and subject to oppressive measures similar to what Muslim minorities face in Communist China today.
    Давайте вместе снова сделаем мир великий!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567