Geno Research Services

Woodie

Reaction score
I have received my Geno 2 DNA results but have to confess, being a complete novice, that I am finding it difficult to make sense of the data. By way of example I am classified on my paternal side as being R-L21 and maternal as H1AS with a ratio of 64% GB, 21% Scandinavian and 14% S. European. The migration route maps and explanations displayed provide very limited information on how this combination came about. For me, the attempt to research the data is like delving into an introduction to nuclear physics written in 6 different languages combined with a great deal of hypothesis and speculation!

First question: are there any individuals who provide analysis services ie. analyse the geno DNA and provide a detailed where and when map? Any leads appreciated.

Second question: which tools are suggested/recommended for Geno 2 data analysis. My primary interest is deep ancestry rather than more recent family.

Many thanks
Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks Maciamo, greatly appreciated. I found the eupedia resource a little earlier - very interesting and certainly the most informative site I have found. Perhaps part of my confusion is the "nonsensical" percentages given by Geno. I had been hoping however to be able to obtain a greater insight into my early ancestry than just the generic west europe/Britain overview of L21. Is this possible?

Thanks Maciamo, greatly appreciated. I found the eupedia resource a little earlier - very interesting and certainly the most informative site I have found. Perhaps part of my confusion is the "nonsensical" percentages given by Geno. I had been hoping however to be able to obtain a greater insight into my early ancestry than just the generic west europe/Britain overview of L21. Is this possible?

If you are interested in very ancient ancestry (3,000 to 12,000 years ago), you could upload your raw data to GEDMatch, which will run your genome in an autosomal calculator. You will be able to see how your genome compares to modern and ancient samples. That won't tell you about recent ancestry in historical times, but unless you were adopted with no info on your birth parents, you probably know from which country your recent ancestors came from anyway.

This thread has been viewed 3931 times.

Back