Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to delete posts from this thread just delete the whole thread

I like Angela, a great person, and a great moderator, but still a person, she makes mistakes, as we do, and I believe she did in the case of Boreas. he posted something on the Balkans being termed near east, his stupid opinion, but still an opinion, she interpreted that differently and attacked, the guy wasn't a saint so he attacked back, should we blame him ?

If anyone makes a mistake we should advise him to correct it, any criticism should be constructive, and no insults allowed.

If you're going to delete posts from this thread just delete the whole thread

I like Angela, a great person, and a great moderator, but still a person, she makes mistakes, as we do, and I believe she did in the case of Boreas. he posted something on the Balkans being termed near east, his stupid opinion, but still an opinion, she interpreted that differently and attacked, the guy wasn't a saint so he attacked back, should we blame him ?

If anyone makes a mistake we should advise him to correct it, any criticism should be constructive, and no insults allowed.

I second that notion, it might be time to start something constructive, with all this Balkan arguments/drama going around I really think us Western Europeans are noticing content that were not taught in school. It might be a good idea to play 3rd party, and to learn the history of the cyber fight. Perhaps; being careful not to start fights, even create a middle ground.

Idk, what do you think Mods?

I think the title of this thread is pretty heavy:
[h=1]Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela[/h]

One thing is to request for better moderation and to provide criticism,
but yet another thing is to label by name an individual as racist.

Probably the title has to be rephrased in a more acceptable manner, for the thread to be working properly.

I think the title of this thread is pretty heavy:
[h=1]Racism and Propaganda at Eupedia : Angela[/h]

One thing is to request for better moderation and to provide criticism,
but yet another thing is to label by name an individual as racist.

Probably the title has to be rephrased in a more acceptable manner, for the thread to be working properly.
You're right, the title should be changed, Angela isn't a racist.

We should change it from an anti-Angela thread into a general place for requesting better moderation and providing criticism, constructively and without insults.

I think I've given members ample opportunity to express their opinions as to the absurd charge that I am a racist against Albanians and spread propaganda about them.

As to Boreas, there is no excuse for posting pms which by their nature are meant to be private discussions. In retrospect I probably should have left them as I believe they demonstrated my civility to him and my attempt to rationally explain that I had not intended to attack him personally. His rather hysterical response to a single infraction and our civil exchange was, in my opinion, the product of his inability to deal with the nuances of the English language and his overwrought and emotional reaction to being reprimanded. It was unfortunate, as I thought he provided a needed perspective here, but there it is.

The thread will now be closed. Anyone who in the future has questions about general moderation rules can post a new thread. Anyone wishing clarification about his or her infractions can civilly request explanations via pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 30215 times.

Back