Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

Thread: European Jewish ancestry

  1. #26
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,474

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
    That is interesting that you discovered you have Jewish heritage. I have a good friend who lives in Boston who recently discovered he was Jewish. He had no idea and originally thought he was Italian from Tuscany. He even has an Italian name Giovanni. (his last name is removed, out of respect for him. But is also Italian. Interesting, right?)

    I've met a lot of Jewish people. Many of them have stayed good friends.
    I'm Italian (Puglesi), and the test I took said I'm 0% Jewish. Furthermore, the average Tuscan doesn't have any Jewish ancestry. Which is why I find your friend's results to be rather dubious. In addition to that, the NG test may actually (probably) inflate Jewish ancestry; at least according to some averages.

    What was the test your friend took?
    Last edited by Jovialis; 07-09-17 at 15:10.

  2. #27
    Regular Member Redmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-09-17
    Posts
    43

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1c
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W

    Ethnic group
    English, Irish and German
    Country: USA - Virginia



    He claims his haplogroup is E1b1b. I am thinking it is one of the Jewish clades. He never told me specifically.

    And he claims that he has evidence one of his grandmothers was Jewish. (or claimed she was)

    It is unknown to me. Maybe he is fully Jewish. Or maybe half Jewish or 25% Jewish. etc. (but you can tell - by the way he looks - he does look pretty Jewish looking.)

    He does have a very Jewish look to him though. He was always confused about his ancestry; and even doubted that he was a Jew. He told me that he also has some English and Greek ancestry. (but, I don't know if that's Jews from England or Greece.) He also claimed that he thinks he may be "Black Irish" but appears Jewish.

    He has extremely Semitic features. Kind of like a Jewish or Lebanese kind of look.

    I do believe that he is Jewish, also. But is unobservant and non-practice. (for instance; a forgotten heritage of his.) He was raised growing up, thinking that he was Italian. He tells me he comes from Tuscany or Veneto or somewhere. (originally) I haven't looked at a map of Italy, so I don't know if that would be accurate. He claims that his Italian family came from Tuscany or Veneto. (Venetian?) or both regions. And he has always heard rumors of having Jewish ancestry. But he was raised believing he was Italian.

    "My name is Gio, I am here for my own entertainment and communicating, spreading whatever words of wisdom I need to."

    Google "Giovanni Rain" and you will find his Twitter. He posts hilarious videos. (You will notice he has an Italian flag as background.) His surname isn't Rain, by the way. It's a fake surname. I will keep his real surname private, out of respect for him. (But it is Italian.)


  3. #28
    Regular Member Redmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-09-17
    Posts
    43

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1c
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W

    Ethnic group
    English, Irish and German
    Country: USA - Virginia



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    What was the test your friend took?
    He took AncestryDNA. He has always been interested in his ancestry. As I claimed before; he was raised believing that he was Italian. But he told me that he had only been in the USA since the early 20th century. (before the World Wars). He claims his family was either from Tuscany or Veneto. (or both). His family moved from Italy to Boston in the early 1900s. According to him. He currently lives in Florida (location unknown) and is moving out of there as I type this right now; to avoid Irma. He says the traffic is horrible. On his twitter, you can see his video on YouTube -- stuck in traffic. The guy speaking in a Boston accent. haha

  4. #29
    Princess davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,204


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
    He is Jewish. He was raised growing up to believe he was ethnic Italian. He also claimed Greek and English ancestry. (according to him) He was brought up believing he was Italian. It was only two years ago he discovered he was actually a Jew. He is almost 37 years old. But he passes himself off as Italian and even carries Italian flags.

    He never had a Bar Mitzvah and must be non-practicing. But yes he is a Jew. He told me he did some digging and researched his origins; and found out that he was Jewish from Italy.

    He is a hilarious man. Especially his Boston accent. He does not practice Judaism. He claims he is an Agnostic. I'll try to get a good picture of him. He is currently trying to move out of Florida for Irma. He lives in Florida now; these days. Looks like the traffic is terrible there. He posts videos on YouTube.
    Wow! I would hate to be in Florida or anywhere around the southeastern edge of the US at this time! I have no idea why we have to suffer not one (Harvey) but TWO apocalyptic hurricanes back to back...

    Back on topic, feel free to share his results from Ancestry with us, if you don't mind.
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

  5. #30
    Regular Member Redmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-09-17
    Posts
    43

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1c
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W

    Ethnic group
    English, Irish and German
    Country: USA - Virginia



    There is a possibility that I myself may have Jewish ancestry. I would be quite excited if I did figure this out. I know that most of my ancestors were Anglo-Saxon quakers - originally British loyalists (before becoming rebels). I heard that a lot of Jewish people came over from England and many were also quakers. Some of my ancestors were hanged by the British Empire. They were accused of muckraking, stealing and even the practice of Witchcraft. But I do not believe my ancestors did any of these things - and the British were probably just paranoid Protestants. Most of my ancestors were Nobles in England and most of my British ancestry is what they call, "Blue-blooded."

    I am also told that some of my English is actually Protestant Irish. And I am also told I have German ancestry - but I am actually believing it may be actually Dutch.

  6. #31
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,474

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
    He claims his haplogroup is E1b1b. I am thinking it is one of the Jewish clades. He never told me specifically.
    And he claims that he has evidence one of his grandmothers was Jewish. (or claimed she was)
    It is unknown to me. Maybe he is fully Jewish. Or maybe half Jewish or 25% Jewish. etc. (but you can tell - by the way he looks - he does look pretty Jewish looking.)
    He does have a very Jewish look to him though. He was always confused about his ancestry; and even doubted that he was a Jew. He told me that he also has some English and Greek ancestry. (but, I don't know if that's Jews from England or Greece.) He also claimed that he thinks he may be "Black Irish" but appears Jewish.
    He has extremely Semitic features. Kind of like a Jewish or Lebanese kind of look.
    I do believe that he is Jewish, also. But is unobservant and non-practice. (for instance; a forgotten heritage of his.) He was raised growing up, thinking that he was Italian. He tells me he comes from Tuscany or Veneto or somewhere. (originally) I haven't looked at a map of Italy, so I don't know if that would be accurate. He claims that his Italian family came from Tuscany or Veneto. (Venetian?) or both regions. And he has always heard rumors of having Jewish ancestry. But he was raised believing he was Italian.
    "My name is Gio, I am here for my own entertainment and communicating, spreading whatever words of wisdom I need to."

    Google "Giovanni Rain" and you will find his Twitter. He posts hilarious videos. (You will notice he has an Italian flag as background.) His surname isn't Rain, by the way. It's a fake surname. I will keep his real surname private, out of respect for him. (But it is Italian.)
    If he's Jewish, why does he have the fascist flag as his background picture?

    omitted*

    His YouTube account was terminated for violating community guidelines.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/GiovannisSanctuary
    Last edited by Jovialis; 20-09-17 at 17:29.

  7. #32
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,351


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
    He claims his haplogroup is E1b1b. I am thinking it is one of the Jewish clades. He never told me specifically.
    And he claims that he has evidence one of his grandmothers was Jewish. (or claimed she was)
    It is unknown to me. Maybe he is fully Jewish. Or maybe half Jewish or 25% Jewish. etc. (but you can tell - by the way he looks - he does look pretty Jewish looking.)
    He does have a very Jewish look to him though. He was always confused about his ancestry; and even doubted that he was a Jew. He told me that he also has some English and Greek ancestry. (but, I don't know if that's Jews from England or Greece.) He also claimed that he thinks he may be "Black Irish" but appears Jewish.
    He has extremely Semitic features. Kind of like a Jewish or Lebanese kind of look.
    I do believe that he is Jewish, also. But is unobservant and non-practice. (for instance; a forgotten heritage of his.) He was raised growing up, thinking that he was Italian. He tells me he comes from Tuscany or Veneto or somewhere. (originally) I haven't looked at a map of Italy, so I don't know if that would be accurate. He claims that his Italian family came from Tuscany or Veneto. (Venetian?) or both regions. And he has always heard rumors of having Jewish ancestry. But he was raised believing he was Italian.
    "My name is Gio, I am here for my own entertainment and communicating, spreading whatever words of wisdom I need to."

    Google "Giovanni Rain" and you will find his Twitter. He posts hilarious videos. (You will notice he has an Italian flag as background.) His surname isn't Rain, by the way. It's a fake surname. I will keep his real surname private, out of respect for him. (But it is Italian.)
    Obvious fake identity. On the internet you can state what you want.

    If you know his real surname you can send me a private message, and I'll tell you who really is.

  8. #33
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,229


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Redmayne, do not post material from avowed fascists on this site again.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  9. #34
    Princess davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,204


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Redmayne, are you up to posting his Ancestry results? What percent Jewish did he score?

  10. #35
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,229


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    @davef,
    Nothing posted by someone flying a NAZI flag could ever be deemed to be reliable. He could be posting anyone's results. This discussion is over.

  11. #36
    Regular Member Redmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-09-17
    Posts
    43

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1c
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W

    Ethnic group
    English, Irish and German
    Country: USA - Virginia



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Redmayne, do not post material from avowed fascists on this site again.
    I have not seen these posts. I know he is apparently a fascist. But I think that is a joke. But I know that he is Jewish. I don't know his DNA results, sorry. He could be 100% to 25%. I have no clue. I'd have to ask him.

  12. #37
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,229


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Redmayne View Post
    I have not seen these posts. I know he is apparently a fascist. But I think that is a joke. But I know that he is Jewish. I don't know his DNA results, sorry. He could be 100% to 25%. I have no clue. I'd have to ask him.
    You are officially warned.

  13. #38
    Regular Member Redmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-09-17
    Posts
    43

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1c
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W

    Ethnic group
    English, Irish and German
    Country: USA - Virginia



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    You are officially warned.
    Okay. But know that my friend Giovanni is a joker/tr0ll. So I don't know if he is real or not. But probably the latter. He sees himself as kind of a comedian. He has Hispanic friends there in Florida, too. He is originally from Boston (if you did not see the video, you can pick up on his accent.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •