Server attack

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Dear valued members,

I apologise for the recurrent downtime on Eupedia in the last few days. There was a massive DDoS attack on the server and it took a while to find a solution. I hope it's going to be ok from now on. I am not sure that the attack targeted Eupedia or another site, nor why.

Quite agressive attack. It appeared this message after loading eupedia.com

[Error 1015 Ray ID: b::::::::::::9 • 2017-04-cghghhg1 UTC
You are being rate limited
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.eupedia.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 3ffrfygc2e::::::::
Your IP: 214.143:::::::;;
Performance & security by Cloudflare

I was wondering if my comment about your maps was so punishable. It is not uh?
:)

Thanks, Maciamo, for letting us know what was going on with the server.

Quite agressive attack. It appeared this message after loading eupedia.com

I was wondering if my comment about your maps was so punishable. It is not uh?
:)

This is a preventive measure from the server if people access too many pages in a short time. Please let me know if this happens too often.

This is a preventive measure from the server if people access too many pages in a short time. Please let me know if this happens too often.

A server can't distinguish between 1000 clicks in a minute and 3 or 5 trials? But what amazes me is that the server is not capable to recognize outsider authomatic clicks from registered users... but maybe the case is that I expect too much from programmers...

I'm a programmer ;)!! Lol. That's ok I'm not offended....I'm actually somewhat talented and i enjoy solving algorithmic problems on sites such as hackerrank, leetcode, and topcoder throughout my spare time.

Dear valued members,

I apologise for the recurrent downtime on Eupedia in the last few days. There was a massive DDoS attack on the server and it took a while to find a solution. I hope it's going to be ok from now on. I am not sure that the attack targeted Eupedia or another site, nor why.

Come to think of it Maciamo, do you think the attack is coming from another country? I recently got hacked on my Facebook profile. According to Facebook's security system the hacker was from Egypt. Recently had to change my password on Facebook.

Is anybody having the same problem also? I'm curious to see if this is a coincidence or not. :/

This thread has been viewed 5054 times.

Back