R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)

I don't remember, but from what I've seen Pugliesi in general seem to get roughly the same amount of ancestry component percentages.

I recall that your's is about the same as my mother's and father's. That's three people from three different towns.

Thank you J, the last names were just a curiosity. :)

http://www.haplogroup-r.org/variants.html

uOdENQM.jpg

Here's what I've uncovered about R-F1794. I created this graphic out of the snapshot I made from this website. Apparently these samples were taken from a Sardinian.

YeKEEjl.png

According to Wegene, I am R1b1a1a2b1

YeKEEjl.png

According to Wegene, I am R1b1a1a2b1

Did you do any of the fancier Y tests to find out a Final or Close to Final subClade?

mine changed to:

hCjaz2v.jpg

IT-TV is Treviso in Veneto, I think we know Him! :)

WGSextract analyzed my y-DNA from my 30x WGS BAM file, and produced this result:

R1b1a1b2a2a

Could anyone provide some insight?

According to ISOGG, it is R-PF7566. Most common in southern Italy and Albania (possibly also Greece but there is little Greek data). Oddly it's also found in Saudi Arabia. Wonder how it got there.

After giving it extra thought, I can imagine that R-PF7566 could have reached Mesopotamia during the Seleucid Empire. The Saudi clade is very young, formed 1350 ybp and with a TMRCA of only 300 ybp. The clade just upstream, Z29758, is found in Iraq and Lebanon, which would confirm the possibility that it migrated from there to Saudi Arabia.

That would make the broader R1b-PF7563 clade ancient Greek and/or Macedonian, found mostly from western Turkey to Magna Graecia.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/y-dna-haplotree/R
MHWJhqW.jpg

Code:
[h=2]Country Report: Y-DNA Haplogroup R-PF7566[/h][TABLE="class: mat-table cdk-table mat-sort, width: 548"]
[TR="class: mat-header-row cdk-header-row ng-star-inserted, bgcolor: #505759"]
[TH="class: mat-sort-header mat-header-cell cdk-header-cell mat-tooltip-trigger ng-tns-c112-117 cdk-column-name mat-column-name"]Paternal Origin*info

[/TH]
[TH="class: mat-sort-header mat-header-cell cdk-header-cell mat-tooltip-trigger right ng-tns-c112-118 cdk-column-kitsCounts mat-column-kitsCounts, align: right"][CENTER][RIGHT]Branch Participants
R-PF7566[/RIGHT]

info
[/CENTER]

[/TH]
[TH="class: mat-sort-header mat-header-cell cdk-header-cell mat-tooltip-trigger right downstream-col ng-tns-c112-119 cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstream mat-column-kitsCountsDownstream, align: right"][CENTER][RIGHT]Downstream Participants
R-PF7566 and Downstream (Excluding other Letters) [/RIGHT]

info
[/CENTER]

[/TH]
[TH="class: mat-sort-header mat-header-cell cdk-header-cell mat-tooltip-trigger right all-downstream-col ng-tns-c112-120 cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull mat-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull, align: right"][CENTER][RIGHT]All Downstream Participants
R-PF7566 and Downstream (Including other Letters) [/RIGHT]

info
[/CENTER]

[/TH]
[TH="class: mat-header-cell cdk-header-cell mat-tooltip-trigger right distribution-col cdk-column-distribution mat-column-distribution, align: right"]Distribution
info

[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: mat-row cdk-row ng-star-inserted"]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell cdk-column-name mat-column-name"][IMG]https://www.familytreedna.com/common/img/country-flags/SA.svg[/IMG]Saudi Arabia [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCounts mat-column-kitsCounts, align: right"]0 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstream mat-column-kitsCountsDownstream, align: right"]5 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull mat-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull, align: right"]5 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-distribution mat-column-distribution, align: right"]41.67% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: mat-row cdk-row mat-row-alternate ng-star-inserted, bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell cdk-column-name mat-column-name"][IMG]https://www.familytreedna.com/common/img/country-flags/AL.svg[/IMG]Albania [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCounts mat-column-kitsCounts, align: right"]0 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstream mat-column-kitsCountsDownstream, align: right"]5 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull mat-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull, align: right"]5 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-distribution mat-column-distribution, align: right"]41.67% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: mat-row cdk-row ng-star-inserted"]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell cdk-column-name mat-column-name"][IMG]https://www.familytreedna.com/common/img/country-flags/IT.svg[/IMG]Italy [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstream mat-column-kitsCountsDownstream, align: right"]2 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull mat-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull, align: right"]2 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-distribution mat-column-distribution, align: right"]16.67% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: mat-row cdk-row mat-row-alternate ng-star-inserted, bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell cdk-column-name mat-column-name"]Unknown Origin [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCounts mat-column-kitsCounts, align: right"]2 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstream mat-column-kitsCountsDownstream, align: right"]4 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull mat-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull, align: right"]4 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-cell cdk-cell right cdk-column-distribution mat-column-distribution, align: right"]** [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: mat-footer-row cdk-footer-row ng-star-inserted, bgcolor: inherit"]
[TD="class: mat-footer-cell cdk-footer-cell cdk-column-name mat-column-name"]Total[/TD]
[TD="class: mat-footer-cell cdk-footer-cell right cdk-column-kitsCounts mat-column-kitsCounts, align: right"]2 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-footer-cell cdk-footer-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstream mat-column-kitsCountsDownstream, align: right"]16 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-footer-cell cdk-footer-cell right cdk-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull mat-column-kitsCountsDownstreamFull, align: right"]16 [/TD]
[TD="class: mat-footer-cell cdk-footer-cell right cdk-column-distribution mat-column-distribution, align: right"]100.00%[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Items per page: 

0 of 0 

* All origins are self-reported by the participants and may not reflect accurate haplogroup origins. 
** Unknown Origins are not included in the calculated distributions.

After giving it extra thought, I can imagine that R-PF7566 could have reached Mesopotamia during the Seleucid Empire. The Saudi clade is very young, formed 1350 ybp and with a TMRCA of only 300 ybp. The clade just upstream, Z29758, is found in Iraq and Lebanon, which would confirm the possibility that it migrated from there to Saudi Arabia.
That would make the broader R1b-PF7563 clade ancient Greek and/or Macedonian, found mostly from western Turkey to Magna Graecia.
I was also thinking it could have arrived with Sea People. Or perhaps they were taken from Southern Europe to the Middle East as slaves by the Caliphate. I recall reading somewhere that European slaves could actually be set free and achieve relatively high status there.

XAN030 is discussed in this study:

SNc1RT6.png

hTOyqDs.png

XAN030 was from a LBA Ancient Cretan clade that overlapped with modern Central and Southern Italians and Modern Greeks/Albanians.

This thread has been viewed 23635 times.

Back