The genomic history of southeastern Europe-Mathiesen et al

From my end (side), Most of the Attachments have an Invalid Error Message.

No one is still trying to say that EHG stole women from CHG people to make Yamnayan PIEs anymore. Jesus.

Yes, of course Iranian Neolithic has already begun to spread into Anatolian farmers and into the Balkans before the bronze age. We know this was happening in Anatolian at the very least from that massive paper on the world's first farmers.

One thing that caught my eye is the relatively large chunks of East Asian in some of the Balkan farmer samples. Anyone else notice this?

I would venture to say that's significant for this period

eP434bX.png

I second that! It's really strange that farmers would score any East Asian

I second that! It's really strange that farmers would score any East Asian

Seriously, that Koros sample is like 13% Indigenous East Asian Islander(indigenous Taiwan/Philippines/Lapita culture). There's also a BA Minoan sample with a lot, which of course is pushing me towards outlandish maritime theories.

*EDIT*

OK there's a Corded Ware CA sample with around 6% and in all the strange cases I point out it comes with Amerind or Siberian, which is almost certainly steppe.

And guess what. This is why the authors are assigning these samples with steppe, and I would now have to agree.

*EDIT 2*

Yeah that's definitely steppe. Only one culture on the sea. Not that that's not enough especially with the small sample size but probably not a Maritime thing(?)

Last edited:
can anyone tell me where this sample comes from :
Ukraine Copper Age 2890–2696 R1b1a1a2a2b-BY3293

I5884

Hi everyone,
I'm having a very novice issue interpreting this "SNP call" in the genetiker link for sample i5884 above (I can't add the actual link because I don't have enough posts). I was wondering why indeed this sample was assigned BY3293 as its terminal SNP. From my understanding, a SNP call is a way to tell which SNPs a sample sequence has against a reference sequence, but BY3293 is just one of the many divergent SNPs in bold for this sample from many branches from the L23 tree.

Maybe I'm missing something and someone on this forum would be kind enough to explain it to me.
Thanks in advance

This thread has been viewed 185163 times.

Back