Neanderthal Admixture According to NG Next Gen 2.0 (Helix)

Jovialis

Advisor
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
XDy07LH.png

Above is the description from the dashboard, on Hominin Ancestry. Turns out most people are less neanderthal than previous tests indicated. According to national geographic, most non-Africans are 1.1%. Furthermore, it also says 1.3% is the average.

I'm 1.4% Neanderthal.

Lydia Ramsey, from business insider has 1.5% neanderthal admixture.

Last edited:
Same here 1.4% neanderthal.
I just noticed yesterday they've added the "Genius" common ancestor thing too.
showed me I have a common paternal ancestor with Genghis Khan from about 35 to 65 thousand years ago or something like that I didn't remember with age estimates like that who cares. Nikola Tesla about 45 thousand years ago or w/e but I don't like their description of Tesla's biography it's short, doesn't mention all the inventions that he should be credited with they just describe him like he was some average scientist over shadowed by Thomas Edison, it's kinda hilarious they don't seem to be aware of the fact that he was probably the greatest scientist of all time. We'd all still be living like in the 19th century iwithout Tesla's scientific breakthroughs.
Napoleon also something long ass time ago. Leo Tolstoy 12 thousand I think.
And they mention a bunch of other historical characters from paternal and maternal I'm not that interested in, there's some pharaoh in there too...

Same here 1.4% neanderthal.
I just noticed yesterday they've added the "Genius" common ancestor thing too.
showed me I have a common paternal ancestor with Genghis Khan from about 35 to 65 thousand years ago or something like that I didn't remember with age estimates like that who cares. Nikola Tesla about 45 thousand years ago or w/e but I don't like their description of Tesla's biography it's short, doesn't mention all the inventions that he should be credited with they just describe him like he was some average scientist over shadowed by Thomas Edison, it's kinda hilarious they don't seem to be aware of the fact that he was probably the greatest scientist of all time. We'd all still be living like in the 19th century iwithout Tesla's scientific breakthroughs.
Napoleon also something long ass time ago. Leo Tolstoy 12 thousand I think.
And they mention a bunch of other historical characters from paternal and maternal I'm not that interested in, there's some pharaoh in there too...

Interesting, I also have a common ancestor with Genghis Khan and Nikola Tesla as well 45,000-65,000 years ago. Back then the human migrations were limited to the south, and south west asian regions. This is before they branched out into other areas. Even further back, I have a common ancestor with Napoleon, before humans left Africa. I've actually matched with 17 other geniuses. 12,000 to 25,000 years ago I was also match with King Tut, while also being matched with many French and English geniuses. Which is interesting given the theory that King Tut is R1b. I actually made another thread about this:

Check out my other genius matchs:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...ns-Common-Ancestors-Shared-with-Great-Figures

Edit: Maybe I should have made it in this sub-forum, instead of paleogenetics.

jovlias cool results 1.4%
nice is it possible they gave me 0% ?
i am in shock even north african results
i saw score 0.3-0.4% is it logical or mistake of the lab
my background is jewish and south east european could it realy be 0%.

jovlias cool results 1.4%
nice is it possible they gave me 0% ?
i am in shock even north african results
i saw score 0.3-0.4% is it logical or mistake of the lab
my background is jewish and south east european could it realy be 0%.

0% does sound rather peculiar for any non-African individual. Like you said, even North Africans have some neanderthal admixture, as well as Ethiopians.

I have never heard of or seen that Neanderthal was present in Africa ............where is this stated?

As for myself , I have double the amount of Denisovan than Neanderthal in my mix

i am talking about the geno2 next generation
it only shows and test for neaderthal admixture
the avarge is 1.3 %
and they gave me 0% nada
i send them { geno2 staff} an email
hope they will answere .
as i am non-african autosomally speaking it was total shock for me ......
View attachment 8689

I have never heard of or seen that Neanderthal was present in Africa ............where is this stated?

As for myself , I have double the amount of Denisovan than Neanderthal in my mix

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24162011

Recent studies have found evidence of introgression from Neanderthals into modern humans outside of sub-Saharan Africa. Given the geographic range of Neanderthals, the findings have been interpreted as evidence of gene exchange between Neanderthals and modern humans descended from the Out-of-Africa (OOA) migration. Here, we examine an alternative interpretation in which the introgression occurred earlier within Africa, between ancestors or relatives of Neanderthals and a subset of African modern humans who were the ancestors of those involved in the OOA migration. Under the alternative model, if the population structure among present-day Africans predates the OOA migration, we might find some African populations show a signal of Neanderthal introgression whereas others do not. To test this alternative model, we compiled a whole-genome data set including 38 sub-Saharan Africans from eight populations and 25 non-African individuals from five populations. We assessed differences in the amount of Neanderthal-like single-nucleotide polymorphism alleles among these populations and observed up to 1.5% difference in the number of Neanderthal-like alleles among African populations. Further analyses suggest that these differences are likely due to recent non-African admixture in these populations. After accounting for recent non-African admixture, our results do not support the alternative model of older (e.g., >100 kya) admixture between modern humans and Neanderthal-like hominids within Africa.

Basically, it came from migrations of neanderthal-mixed homo sapiens, coming back into Africa.

Are there any other Jews not getting any neanderthal?

i got my results today
and i want to share them
after they fixed the rounding error they had with my kit
i am 1% neaderthal
lower than europeans but inline with levantines and indian results i have seen 0.9%

I also scored 0.9% Neaderthal

My buddy took the test, and scored 1.4% neanderthal, like me. Though, I won't say anything else, out of respect to his privacy. Nevertheless, I find it fascinating that me and him have a lot of the same genetic-related disorders. Our autsomal DNA is considerably different, but I'd say physically, we look fairly similar.

1.4% Neanderthal.

That probably explains Our "Stubborn's Pugliesi Gene", lol
😃

Any result for Calabresi? :)

Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson & Neandy.

IMG_7520.JPG IMG_7523.JPG
[emoji3]

This thread has been viewed 12405 times.

Back