Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What movie have you watched lately

Ethnic group
    Italian

4 members found this post helpful.
    Last night watched "The Dig" on netflix about the discovery and excavation at the Anglo-Saxon Sutton Hoo site.

It was inspirational; about time Brown, a self taught archaeologist, was recognized for his work.

Ralph Fiennes was unrecognizable physically and vocally. He did a superlative job.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b>DF96
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1a1

1 members found this post helpful.
    Agree. Enjoyed the movie. Recommend it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

White Tiger (2021)

I really enjoyed this one, it was very gritty. It takes place in modern India, and follows the life of a poor lower-caste man from the countryside, who serves a wealthy higher-caste man as a driver.

I recommend it.

Shutter Island!With di Caprio

beautiful mind

Back to the Future,old but my favorite

What movie have you watched lately

I am not watching movies now a days. I am watching TV Series on netflix,Amazon . Watched series names. lucifer, peaky blinders, money heist, Spartacus.

I recently watched Color Out of Space because Nicolas Cage is my favorite character

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Age of Samurai (... Netflix series)

Love this movie

Ethnic group
    Italian

Watched "Il Processo", The Trial, on netflix last night. It's good; even the English subtitles are good. Nice to hear some accents from Emilia/Toscana, although there are others.
    Last edited by Angela; 09-03-21 at 16:53.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Watched "Il Processo", The Trial, on netflix last night. It's good; even the English subtitles are good. Nice to hear some accents from Emilia/Toscana, although there are others.
    Ed. Finished it. I can't say enough about Vittoria Puccini's work; she's an excellent actress. All of the cast did a superlative job, especially Scianna, as he always does, but she was just wonderful. I felt her every emotion yet never was she overacting, nor was her face particularly mobile; indeed, she has a stillness to her, a serenity to her face. Yet, through subtle changes in her face, her body movement, and particularly through the expressions in her eyes she draws you in. Rarely do I cry at police or judicial procedurals, but I did this time.

They also managed, through skillful editing and cutting and flashbacks to introduce a dynamism often missing from courtroom dramas, and the sizzling tension of the contest between the prosecutor and the defense attorney was excellent.

Really, I can't recommend it enough.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

The Ten Commandments (1956)

I love this movie, I watch it on TV almost every year around this time.

I saw it on Saturday.

Ethnic group
    Italian

For the first time in a long time I re-watched "The Passion" by Mel Gibson. In my opinion it's the finest telling of the Christ story ever filmed.

I saw that Joseph Fiennes stars in something called "Risen". It reminds me of an old, old movie about the Centurion who led the squadron who crucified Jesus. I think it starred Richard Burton. There was also one with Paul Newman.

I can't seem to find a way to access the "Risen". So many new cable channels are coming out wanting your monthly subscription that it's going to be difficult to see certain films.

As of right now I'm watching Amazon (not their new movies), and subscribing to a different British channel or PBS every month. I cancelled Netflix. There's almost nothing on there for anyone over 35 with a brain imo. It's all very toxic, woke stuff too. I can't abide it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    For the first time in a long time I re-watched "The Passion" by Mel Gibson. In my opinion it's the finest telling of the Christ story ever filmed.

I saw that Joseph Fiennes stars in something called "Risen". It reminds me of an old, old movie about the Centurion who led the squadron who crucified Jesus. I think it starred Richard Burton. There was also one with Paul Newman.

I can't seem to find a way to access the "Risen". So many new cable channels are coming out wanting your monthly subscription that it's going to be difficult to see certain films.

As of right now I'm watching Amazon (not their new movies), and subscribing to a different British channel or PBS every month. I cancelled Netflix. There's almost nothing on there for anyone over 35 with a brain imo. It's all very toxic, woke stuff too. I can't abide it.
    Passion of the Christ is excellent. I haven't seen Risen, but I will check it out.

I completely agree about all the woke garbage on Amazon, Netflix, etc. Much of the stuff coming out today is so disingenuous, inflammatory, and stupid. The British are the absolute worst when it comes to this kind of broadcasting.

I have watched Avengers lately like many times, I hope I could their merch from somewhere.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345