Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What movie have you watched lately

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

I tend to stay away and not watch … (stereotypes), … though in my house, countless times they force me to watch scenes where the characters use phrases that I frequently use. Just the other day it was about, “cucuzza” , though most of the time the characters in the show do not pronounce the ending vowel, but I do (Different Dialect) … :) lol

Started watching the Calmar games. Nice series with quite an unusual plot. Hope that the ending will not disappoint me :)

Ethnic group
    Italian

I watched "The Exorcist" again. Still scared me, though not as much as the first time. I guess I've also become coarsened by the culture, so it's not as horrifying and disgusting to me as it was the first time around.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Ethnic group
    roots

I watched The Big Bang Theory last night with my girlfriend. I've watched it once before, but this time it was especially good.

Ethnic group
    Italian

To justify still paying for Netflix, I watched "The Haunting of Hill House."

Still not as disturbing as the original.

I just looked at Tenet last week.

I also watched this and other films by Ingmar Bergman, he is one of my favorite directors.

I watched Dune yesterday. 7/10, not bad as expected! Beautiful costumes.

Ethnic group
    Italian

This is when I start re-watching my Christmas favorites.

I almost always start with "The Homecoming". It's a Walton's movie. Yes, I know, but I loved the Waltons as a child. My mother and I never missed an episode, and this Christmas one with Patricia Neal as the mother is wonderful.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067209/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13 => Y173822
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5

I watched a lot of movies lately, i can totally recommend you this ones:

I really enjoyed this movie, classical and one of the best

South Koreans are surprisingly very creative in cinema

It used to be on Netflix, i don't see it recently, quite good thriller.

True Detective Season 1, i bought the season 1 in Amazon Prime, one of my favorite TV Shows.

And this 1 season TV Show, i can only recommend. I have never imagined that one of the biggest FBI manhunt in the history of USA was hunting down a man which mailed bombs to university professors: geneticists, computer science professors blaming the industrialism for interrupting the balance of humans. Unabomber was a Luddite, a genius Mathemathician who went into the extremes.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I watched a lot of movies lately, i can totally recommend you this ones:

I really enjoyed this movie, classical and one of the best

South Koreans are surprisingly very creative in cinema

It used to be on Netflix, i don't see it recently, quite good thriller.

True Detective Season 1, i bought the season 1 in Amazon Prime, one of my favorite TV Shows.

And this 1 season TV Show, i can only recommend. I have never imagined that one of the biggest FBI manhunt in the history of USA was hunting down a man which mailed bombs to university professors: geneticists, computer science professors blaming the industrialism for interrupting the balance of humans. Unabomber was a Luddite, a genius Mathemathician who went into the extremes.

Time is a flat circle my friend. Def top5 TV shows of all time that season.

If you're looking for a good movie recommendation check out Layer Cake.
    It's in my top 5 movies alongside Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and The Departed. Reccomended that one particularly cause it is less popular/lower chance you have watched it and rarely gets suggested.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

Franz Kafka

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13 => Y173822
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    Time is a flat circle my friend. Def top5 TV shows of all time that season.

If you're looking for a good movie recommendation check out Layer Cake.
    It's in my top 5 movies alongside Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and The Departed. Reccomended that one particularly cause it is less popular/lower chance you have watched it and rarely gets suggested.
    I will look at Layer Cake, never heard of it before, i forgot to mention The Departed as well, weird enough i have skipped that movie for a long time but i finally watched, one of my favorites, Jack Nicholson is hilarious. I chuckled at the rat face scene.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I think I may have mentioned it elsewhere, but I watched "I Know This Much Is True" with Mark Ruffalo. It's based on the novel of the same name by Wally Lamb, and to some degree it's a bit autobiographical. I actually watched it twice because I think I partly misjudged it on first watching.

To say I found it riveting is an understatement. I felt throughout that I know this flawed yet wonderful man in my bones, my sinews, my very core. Most of that is the writing and the acting, although part of it is also probably that I've so intimately known men like him. It's just a tour de force, but be warned; it's not for the faint of heart. It's profoundly sad and tragic and can tear your heart out.

Viscount

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

"Dopesick " (Rotten Tomatoes reported an 86% approval)A really interesting mini series with Michael Keaton, and Kaitlyn Dever. Some potential interesting crossovers with the current pandemic, in my humble opinion. After binge watching the Oxycontin - Big pharma-Political connections- tragedy, that took so many lives, and hurt families and relationships. Some observations "you don't chase a market, you create it" and "breakthrough pain" (triple vaccinated within 1 year, full PPE measures, and lockdowns, constant testing-still getting infected with Omicron "breakthrough"cases). Trying to pass Oxycontin for children.

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: -apple-system">
    Suum cuique---Rubiconem suum

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13 => Y173822
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5

I started watching this one, i got lost into the complexity of time travel, infinite loop-cycle and family relationship (fathering) in this time-travel cycle. Otherwise, a nicely made German TV Show.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I started watching this one, i got lost into the complexity of time travel, infinite loop-cycle and family relationship (fathering) in this time-travel cycle. Otherwise, a nicely made German TV Show.

I watched it a while ago. It was indeed complex, and creepy, and ultimately depressing. It's hard to imagine anything worse than an infinite loop of horrendous events.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

Totally loved that show. Gotta watch season 3, since at the time I finished s2 it was not out yet due to Covid... man how time flies.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13 => Y173822
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I watched it a while ago. It was indeed complex, and creepy, and ultimately depressing. It's hard to imagine anything worse than an infinite loop of horrendous events.
    Honestly i still don't get it how some things are even theoretically possible, like split words, time travel. Because the show introduces travel not only in time, but also in different universe/world. So world-time travel.

IMO impossible, neverthless time-travel has been in human minds for quite a time, but that's my subjective opinion. Otherwise it is dark (as the title says) and creepy.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Just watched "The Last Duel", which Matt Damon and Ben Afleck wrote. It got about an 8 point something on Rotten Tomatoes, and I'd go with something like that.

I do wish Ben Affleck would stop acting, he's even worse than usual in this one, and Matt Damon is his usual stodgy self, physically and in terms of acting.

The standouts are Julie Comer playing the wife being pulled to pieces by the two men, and the incredible Adam Driver. Where have I been that I haven't seen his movies, and here he is in his late 30s, and Scorsese calling him perhaps the best actor of his generation? I think most of his movies are either for younger or more hip people than I. :) Regardless, I will now be on the hunt for all his movies. He's an incredible actor going by the evidence of this film, and it's impossible to tear one's eyes off him, at least impossible for me. Part of it is his physical frame, all 6'2" of it, and the grace with which he moves it, part of it is his beautiful voice, and perhaps part of it is the long hair balancing out his rather unconventional features for an actor, but whatever it is, it works.

For those more into fight scenes than sexuality, the duel is really brilliantly done. Ignore all the posturing by women's studies majors. Whatever Affleck and Damon intended, it's a character study and an action/history movie more than a lecture.

I'd love to know what really went on, because despite looking at this cause celebre of the Middle Ages three ways, I don't know, and I doubt anyone does.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

hanibbal rising 2007

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367959/

i want to say i am very sorry for the death of this talented french actor
    in the age of 37 what a tragedy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaspard_Ulliel

ancestery :
    mostly western jewish here is the overlapp with south europe[U]

"Know where you came from and where you are going."

Direct paternal line : mizrahi from damascus

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13 => Y173822
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5

Just watched this documentary, what a sociopath lol, he did a ponzy scheme on woman he met on tinder. Unbelievably but he was scheming them.

What an injustice world, Simon free roaming and still rich, and the girls victims still paying their debts to creditors.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13 => Y173822
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5

I rewatched Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. A masterpiece. Batman is my favorite comic book character.

I can see sort of different perspective now than years ago.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1

Ethnic group
    North Italian

Watched TRUE ROMANCE ( 1993 ) ...........with a cast full of stars

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0108399/fullcredits/cast
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

A weird old one
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_of...th_(1957_film)
    I saw it last when I was 8 and had nightmares.
    Accidentally I came across it again.
    Roger Corman directed it.
    Of course, it seems cheesy now, but that's what almost made watching it again therapeutic.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456