What movie have you watched lately

Wow, I'm glad to get a review from someone I trust. I was about to go to a movie theater for the first time in what seems like years, but now I won't. I'll wait until it's available at home.

What a disappointment. Do you know if David Chase was involved?

Please don't tell me "Wokedom" reared its ugly head. I can't stand it. They're EVERYWHERE! :)

Unfortunately, there is some Wokeness going on. Nevertheless, considering it is a movie about Newark in the 1960s, they seem to have squandered this backdrop I think. Yeah, it is David Chase, they also had a lot of great actors. I don't think they did a bad job at their parts. But I think the story was weak.

You can see it on HBO Max.

Actually, this guy is the director; David Chase was just the producer:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0851930/

I figured they'd ruin it. The Golden Age of movies and tv is dead, killed and buried by political correctness. Comedy died long ago.

I can't tell you how many films and series I've started just to turn them off in disgust. Netflix keeps on bombarding me with e-mails to "come back", but I look at the shows, and not only are they "WOKE" to the max, and therefore completely unrealistic, but they're just marketed to late teens/early 20's viewers with a taste for violence and explicit sex, or they just want content that validates the angst of being a teenager or young adult.

Goodness knows I don't want anything bad to happen to western civilization, but sometimes I look at these people and think, you'd be the first to die, guys, if the you know what ever hits the fan, because you wouldn't know the first thing about reality or how to survive. I imagine them all like Eugene in the Walking Dead or the Mean Girls. :)

Thank God for all my books and my DVDs is all I can say.

I tend to stay away and not watch … (stereotypes), … though in my house, countless times they force me to watch scenes where the characters use phrases that I frequently use. Just the other day it was about, “cucuzza” , though most of the time the characters in the show do not pronounce the ending vowel, but I do (Different Dialect) … :) lol

Started watching the Calmar games. Nice series with quite an unusual plot. Hope that the ending will not disappoint me :)

I watched "The Exorcist" again. Still scared me, though not as much as the first time. I guess I've also become coarsened by the culture, so it's not as horrifying and disgusting to me as it was the first time around.

I watched The Big Bang Theory last night with my girlfriend. I've watched it once before, but this time it was especially good.

To justify still paying for Netflix, I watched "The Haunting of Hill House."

Still not as disturbing as the original.

I watched Dune yesterday. 7/10, not bad as expected! Beautiful costumes.

This is when I start re-watching my Christmas favorites.

I almost always start with "The Homecoming". It's a Walton's movie. Yes, I know, but I loved the Waltons as a child. My mother and I never missed an episode, and this Christmas one with Patricia Neal as the mother is wonderful.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067209/

I watched a lot of movies lately, i can totally recommend you this ones:

I really enjoyed this movie, classical and one of the best

South Koreans are surprisingly very creative in cinema

It used to be on Netflix, i don't see it recently, quite good thriller.

True Detective Season 1, i bought the season 1 in Amazon Prime, one of my favorite TV Shows.

And this 1 season TV Show, i can only recommend. I have never imagined that one of the biggest FBI manhunt in the history of USA was hunting down a man which mailed bombs to university professors: geneticists, computer science professors blaming the industrialism for interrupting the balance of humans. Unabomber was a Luddite, a genius Mathemathician who went into the extremes.

I watched a lot of movies lately, i can totally recommend you this ones:

I really enjoyed this movie, classical and one of the best

South Koreans are surprisingly very creative in cinema

It used to be on Netflix, i don't see it recently, quite good thriller.

True Detective Season 1, i bought the season 1 in Amazon Prime, one of my favorite TV Shows.

And this 1 season TV Show, i can only recommend. I have never imagined that one of the biggest FBI manhunt in the history of USA was hunting down a man which mailed bombs to university professors: geneticists, computer science professors blaming the industrialism for interrupting the balance of humans. Unabomber was a Luddite, a genius Mathemathician who went into the extremes.

Time is a flat circle my friend. Def top5 TV shows of all time that season.

If you're looking for a good movie recommendation check out Layer Cake.
It's in my top 5 movies alongside Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and The Departed. Reccomended that one particularly cause it is less popular/lower chance you have watched it and rarely gets suggested.

Time is a flat circle my friend. Def top5 TV shows of all time that season.

If you're looking for a good movie recommendation check out Layer Cake.
It's in my top 5 movies alongside Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and The Departed. Reccomended that one particularly cause it is less popular/lower chance you have watched it and rarely gets suggested.

I will look at Layer Cake, never heard of it before, i forgot to mention The Departed as well, weird enough i have skipped that movie for a long time but i finally watched, one of my favorites, Jack Nicholson is hilarious. I chuckled at the rat face scene.

I think I may have mentioned it elsewhere, but I watched "I Know This Much Is True" with Mark Ruffalo. It's based on the novel of the same name by Wally Lamb, and to some degree it's a bit autobiographical. I actually watched it twice because I think I partly misjudged it on first watching.

To say I found it riveting is an understatement. I felt throughout that I know this flawed yet wonderful man in my bones, my sinews, my very core. Most of that is the writing and the acting, although part of it is also probably that I've so intimately known men like him. It's just a tour de force, but be warned; it's not for the faint of heart. It's profoundly sad and tragic and can tear your heart out.

"Dopesick " (Rotten Tomatoes reported an 86% approval)A really interesting mini series with Michael Keaton, and Kaitlyn Dever. Some potential interesting crossovers with the current pandemic, in my humble opinion. After binge watching the Oxycontin - Big pharma-Political connections- tragedy, that took so many lives, and hurt families and relationships. Some observations "you don't chase a market, you create it" and "breakthrough pain" (triple vaccinated within 1 year, full PPE measures, and lockdowns, constant testing-still getting infected with Omicron "breakthrough"cases). Trying to pass Oxycontin for children.

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: -apple-system">

I started watching this one, i got lost into the complexity of time travel, infinite loop-cycle and family relationship (fathering) in this time-travel cycle. Otherwise, a nicely made German TV Show.

I started watching this one, i got lost into the complexity of time travel, infinite loop-cycle and family relationship (fathering) in this time-travel cycle. Otherwise, a nicely made German TV Show.

I watched it a while ago. It was indeed complex, and creepy, and ultimately depressing. It's hard to imagine anything worse than an infinite loop of horrendous events.

Totally loved that show. Gotta watch season 3, since at the time I finished s2 it was not out yet due to Covid... man how time flies.

I watched it a while ago. It was indeed complex, and creepy, and ultimately depressing. It's hard to imagine anything worse than an infinite loop of horrendous events.

Honestly i still don't get it how some things are even theoretically possible, like split words, time travel. Because the show introduces travel not only in time, but also in different universe/world. So world-time travel.

IMO impossible, neverthless time-travel has been in human minds for quite a time, but that's my subjective opinion. Otherwise it is dark (as the title says) and creepy.

This thread has been viewed 61851 times.

Back