What movie have you watched lately

White Tiger (2021)

I really enjoyed this one, it was very gritty. It takes place in modern India, and follows the life of a poor lower-caste man from the countryside, who serves a wealthy higher-caste man as a driver.

I recommend it.

I recently watched Color Out of Space because Nicolas Cage is my favorite character

Age of Samurai (... Netflix series)

Watched "Il Processo", The Trial, on netflix last night. It's good; even the English subtitles are good. Nice to hear some accents from Emilia/Toscana, although there are others.

Last edited:
Watched "Il Processo", The Trial, on netflix last night. It's good; even the English subtitles are good. Nice to hear some accents from Emilia/Toscana, although there are others.

Ed. Finished it. I can't say enough about Vittoria Puccini's work; she's an excellent actress. All of the cast did a superlative job, especially Scianna, as he always does, but she was just wonderful. I felt her every emotion yet never was she overacting, nor was her face particularly mobile; indeed, she has a stillness to her, a serenity to her face. Yet, through subtle changes in her face, her body movement, and particularly through the expressions in her eyes she draws you in. Rarely do I cry at police or judicial procedurals, but I did this time.

They also managed, through skillful editing and cutting and flashbacks to introduce a dynamism often missing from courtroom dramas, and the sizzling tension of the contest between the prosecutor and the defense attorney was excellent.

Really, I can't recommend it enough.

For the first time in a long time I re-watched "The Passion" by Mel Gibson. In my opinion it's the finest telling of the Christ story ever filmed.

I saw that Joseph Fiennes stars in something called "Risen". It reminds me of an old, old movie about the Centurion who led the squadron who crucified Jesus. I think it starred Richard Burton. There was also one with Paul Newman.

I can't seem to find a way to access the "Risen". So many new cable channels are coming out wanting your monthly subscription that it's going to be difficult to see certain films.

As of right now I'm watching Amazon (not their new movies), and subscribing to a different British channel or PBS every month. I cancelled Netflix. There's almost nothing on there for anyone over 35 with a brain imo. It's all very toxic, woke stuff too. I can't abide it.

For the first time in a long time I re-watched "The Passion" by Mel Gibson. In my opinion it's the finest telling of the Christ story ever filmed.

I saw that Joseph Fiennes stars in something called "Risen". It reminds me of an old, old movie about the Centurion who led the squadron who crucified Jesus. I think it starred Richard Burton. There was also one with Paul Newman.

I can't seem to find a way to access the "Risen". So many new cable channels are coming out wanting your monthly subscription that it's going to be difficult to see certain films.

As of right now I'm watching Amazon (not their new movies), and subscribing to a different British channel or PBS every month. I cancelled Netflix. There's almost nothing on there for anyone over 35 with a brain imo. It's all very toxic, woke stuff too. I can't abide it.

Passion of the Christ is excellent. I haven't seen Risen, but I will check it out.

I completely agree about all the woke garbage on Amazon, Netflix, etc. Much of the stuff coming out today is so disingenuous, inflammatory, and stupid. The British are the absolute worst when it comes to this kind of broadcasting.

I recommend tubitv.com free and legit streaming I use it to watch mostly 80's and 90's bad movies I missed out on, but they have all genres on there...

tonight I'm going to watch Patrick Swayze (RIP) in Steel Dawn...low budget post apocalyptic Mad Max clone with samurai sword duels...
https://tubitv.com/movies/321873/steel-dawn?start=true

I wouldn't recommend that at all.

Completely agree with Jovialis' take on it above:

"I completely agree about all the woke garbage on Amazon, Netflix, etc. Much of the stuff coming out today is so disingenuous, inflammatory, and stupid. The British are the absolute worst when it comes to this kind of broadcasting."

I keep on getting messages from Netflix to come on back and watch our new programming...Unfortunately I can't respond the way I'd like. :)

Probably posted this already, but just re-watched the series Band Of Brothers; it's absolutely fabulous. Saving Private Ryan is good as well, and Black Hawk Down, and The Sniper. That's all if you like war movies or series. I didn't care for The Pacific as much.

I'm sorry to say it, but the "Many Saints of Newark" wasn't good, I didn't like it.

I feel like they really missed a good opportunity to make a great movie, with some pointless story-lines. I won't put in any spoilers.

I think it is at least worth seeing for yourself.

I'm sorry to say it, but the "Many Saints of Newark" wasn't good, I didn't like it.

I feel like they really missed a good opportunity to make a great movie, with some pointless story-lines. I won't put in any spoilers.

I think it is at least worth seeing for yourself.

Wow, I'm glad to get a review from someone I trust. I was about to go to a movie theater for the first time in what seems like years, but now I won't. I'll wait until it's available at home.

What a disappointment. Do you know if David Chase was involved?

Please don't tell me "Wokedom" reared its ugly head. I can't stand it. They're EVERYWHERE! :)

This thread has been viewed 61620 times.

Back