New map of Y-haplogroup G2a-U1

I think, U1 and L13 may have existed in Europe since Neolithic times. There are several ancient G2a up to G2a2b2a1a found but the quality of the samples probably did not allow a deeper analysis. There are subclades of L13 that are mainly distributed in Europe, and scarcely in Anatolia and the Middle East. I think this may indicate that its formed from L13 in Europe, starting 5000 years or more ago. Maybe even in the north-east of Romania and the west of Ukraine, possible in the Cucuteni population, which seems to be predominantly of haplogroup G2a2b2a...

Last edited:
Well, no G-U1 was found in Neolithic Europe so far, neither G-M406. Let's see if some sample shows up in the near future. Anyway, the "Caucasian" branch of G-U1 seems to be G-L1266. The TMRCA (Time to Most Recent Common Ancestor) of G-L13, which is spread in Europe and Middle East, is 5000 ybp according to YFull*, so after the beginning of the Bronze Age in (SE) Europe. Its arrival looks to me to have happened in the Bronze Age then. Unless you think the G-L13 MRCA lived somewhere in Eastern Europe and spread to Middle East, in the fashion of clades as R-Z2103?
*Older clades' have higher accuracy due to the higher number of samples used for age calculation.
From the map here https://www.familytreedna.com/public/G-U1/default.aspx?section=ymap
it turns out that L13 along with all the newer subgroups starting with Z2022 are found in Europe in an overwhelming proportion of ~95%. So L13 with its subgroups can be European brands! Why not?

This thread has been viewed 18615 times.

Back