Hello from a L21>DF63>CTS6919, A92-

RandyHighsmith

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
CTS6919
My name is Randy Highsmith. I am trying to determine where the HIGHSMITH name came from. It seems to me to be a uniquely American name. Some say we came from Ireland, some say Scotland and others say England. My FTDNA kit is B33208. So far I have tested at : L21>DF63>CTS6919, A92

Above post did not include the whole thing... trying again...

My name is Randy Highsmith. I am trying to determine where the HIGHSMITH name came from. It seems to me to be a uniquely American name. Some say we came from Ireland, some say Scotland and others say England. My FTDNA kit is B33208. So far I have tested at : L21>DF63>CTS6919, A92- Ancestry DNA says I am 37% Irish which is my largest part, 25% West Europe, 18% Great Britain and 11% Scandinavia.

I have some family lore that says we came from Leys Scotland and we are Scot-Irish or Ulster Scots.

The name HIGHSMITH first shows up in America in 1690 in Norfolk VA. It is my understanding that there was a migration from Ulster in the late 1600 early 1700s of Protestant Christians. Family records show we have been Baptist all the way back into the 1700s. I know at some point I will have to spring for the Big Y to get further down steam.

Thoughts, suggestions...

There aren't much DF63+ in Ireland, so it would be interesting that yours came from there.

This thread has been viewed 4996 times.

Back