Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More genomes from Mesolithic Romania and Spain (Gonzales-Fortes et al. 2017)

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Mons View Post
    @Maciamo.
    Speak clearly. That second migration into steppe was the shulaveri shomu with r1b L23 . right?
    I don't know yet, but I'd say it was just before Shulaveri Shomu. However that doesn't preclude that L23 could also have been present in Shulaveri Shomu, as it has been present in the region until this day.

Second...
    How long have you been stating that? Show me your earlieast (2015/2016) comments and posts saying that.

I predicted long ago that once it starts to be obvious the role of my shulaveri in the r1b history....many would start to post as if they knew all along. Are you one of those?
    I predicted in 2009 the migration of R1b from the South Caucasus circa 6000-5000 BCE. Use the search engine if you want to find those posts.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

I'm fascinated by this GB1 individual. It is Late Neolithic in Balkans, almost Bronze Age, and she has 3/4 of genome WHG! Remaining quarter is EEF. From Bronze Age Hungarian genome we know that in Bronze Age there was explosion of WHG admixture in this area. A little bit of Steppe too, but mostly WHG, up to 50% of total genome.
    Where is the source of WHG at this time?
    My guess for quite some time is West Yamnaya, but they might have been coming from farther North like Belarus, and we know WHG lasted in Latvia till BA.
    Looks more and more like the EHG/Steppe by Bronze Age pushed remaining WHGs into Balkans.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

1 members found this post helpful.
    The Bronze age genomes from Hungary which carry a lot of WHG share the most IBD with Poles and other Slavs. Maybe WHG-rich populations from SE Europe closely related to those Bronze age Hungarians are important to Slavic genesis or at least Eastern European genesis.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

When I suggested, right after Haak et al came out, I think, that there was perhaps a reservoir of WHG somewhere in eastern or northeastern Europe which might have gone into the genesis of these LNBA populations, and that perhaps even SHG might be involved, didn't you, following Eurogenes, say that was impossible? I'm pretty sure I have that right.

It's always good to look at different points of view and to be open minded.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    The Bronze age genomes from Hungary which carry a lot of WHG share the most IBD with Poles and other Slavs. Maybe WHG-rich populations from SE Europe closely related to those Bronze age Hungarians are important to Slavic genesis or at least Eastern European genesis.
    Absolutely they are. Modern Poles are more related and mostly descendents from Hungarian BA than from CW and Unetice.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Just an addendum to post #23 above, Nasidze 2009 found 48% of R1b among Azeri Talysh, 14% among Iranian Talysh, 22% among the Gilaks and 14% among the Mazandarans. Based on Grugni 2012, this is all R1b-L23 (xP312, U106).

Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

It's to be believed that a pop in N-Carpathians took advantage from close contacts with Late CTC (Tripolye)... and took part in the earlier Slavs genesis (among them a lot of Y-I2a1); already it seems that Y-I2a2 (males!) took the strong side upon Neolithic Y-G2a males or exchanged females (neolithic mt-DNA) with them, what could be seen in ALP culture (Hungary); surely they were not the same I2a lineages but it shows that exchanges had already taken place with ex-Mesolithic HG's playing a big role at the mergins of the LBK world, after their apparent "dispariton" in Early Neolithic - some metric anthropology extracts seems confirming the mixture in some place of Hungary even before BA or Pit Grave introgressions -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12