BBC World Hacks: great ideas to improve society

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Fantastic.

Technology can only improve society and human beings should not to resist technological development.

For me people who are afraid of new technologies exhibit similar behavior as Luddite movement.
Yea, imagine how primitive our world would be if we had never progressed so far in technology as today, then we could never had had nuclear weapons which can make our whole species go extinct within a couple of hours : )
Why resist bro
Waiting for comets is for losers

Yea, imagine how primitive our world would be if we had never progressed so far in technology as today, then we could never had had nuclear weapons which can make our whole species go extinct within a couple of hours : )
Why resist bro
Sounds like we have another depressed member.

Why resist bro

Someone to be afraid from everything, which story is it from.

The losers are those who oppose technological development.

I dont really care about it if there is technology or not. I am hopefully not going to live long enough to see us commit mass suicide with nukes :)
Just trying to put into perspective how one should not look down on people with other views than yourself.
The enviromentalists and luddists should be allowed to live like they want too. Let people invent as much technology as they want, as long as they dont ruin our water, air and animals. Everything else would be forcing everyone to follow the path of technology.

I dont really care about it if there is technology or not. I am hopefully not going to live long enough to see us commit mass suicide with nukes :)
Just trying to put into perspective how one should not look down on people with other views than yourself.
The enviromentalists and luddists should be allowed to live like they want too. Let people invent as much technology as they want, as long as they dont ruin our water, air and animals. Everything else would be forcing everyone to follow the path of technology.

New technologies can only contribute environment protection.

Technologies based on fossil fuels are 19th century technologies, they are not for 21th century.

We should be optimistic, making use of new technologies environment shall be preserved, human beings are smart and will find ways in fight with energy problems, food shortages, climate change etc.

If you don't have enough food, produce fewer children.
If you don't like fossil fuel, stop using it. No ones is forcing us to find an alternative.
It is really simple.
We already have the technology to produce electricity by solar power.
The only dilemma is, that if there is no profit, we humans tend to see things as useless.
Thats why we still use fossil fuels, because we are some cheap bastards, and we want everything to be about growth and production.
Yea, maybe it would take 10 hours to produce the same things which would normally only take 1 hour, but who is saying we are in a hurry?

And yes i agree with you that we need technology to save out planet now, but the only reason that we need to save the planet in the first place, is that we invented technology :)
Just imagine if there was no plastic garbage anywhere, no fossil fuels being burned and released into our atmosphere, no forrests chopped down by chainsaws, no need to breed entire races of cows and pigs indoors in giant mass-slaughtering butcheries just to be able to feed ourselves, and no need to constantly improve our weaponry, nukes and tanks.
All these problems that we have, and that we say we want to solve using technology, are actually rooted in technology. Because none of the problems would be existing if we had never invented them first. Of course there would be some hunger, but that has just something to do with overpopulation.
Technology is good until a certain point, after that point it will only result in decline. And we have passed that point hundreds of years ago.

Btw. Im no communist. I know what is best for my country in these turbulent times. But i still think that a ideal world would be that we humans lived a little closer to nature and depended less on war, productivity and technology.

Like it or not Technology has become a part of our life years back. Mobile, Vehicles, Watch....you name it, most of the things we use is the product of modern technology.

If we put into use the same for greater good of humanity, it can work wonders. Finding med for lethal diseases, using the technology for diagnosis, using it for predicting the weather changes etc.

It's not the technology, it's the way we put into use that matters.

Technology for Greater Good

Great

I always support technology that bring good to people. But there are some people who still resist the changes.
That can be changed when they are fed with the right information. They only resisting the change. When we embrace the change things will only get better in terms of technology.

This thread has been viewed 6228 times.

Back