Tool for K36: your similarities rates on maps

Seems like whatever I inherited from my mother shifted my values. The highest matches being in the 70s. However my father has the really high italian component, yet surprisingly he has values over 80.

Me:

unnamed (12).jpg

My father:

unnamed (13).jpg

Dibran: Does your father have any known Arbëreshë ancestry?

mine below

similar to yours

further break down by mine via the creator

From oracle-spreadsheet

1 IT_Veneto 5,52
2 IT_Friuli 10,50
3 IT_North 55,63
4 IT_Piedmont 64,88
5 Swiss_Italian 80,52
6 IT_Tuscany 106,72
7 IT_Aosta 116,92
8 Swiss_German 189,15
9 Albania_Montenegro 201,53
10 Austria_Tyrol 217,31
11 France_Central 252,58
12 Macedonia_FYROM 279,77
13 Albania_FYROM 391,37
14 South_Romania 395,82
15 Albania_North 464,27
16 Romania_SE 468,79
17 IT_Lazio 495,40
18 France_NorthWest 495,91
19 Serbian 520,65
20 Kosovo 526,21

BTW, north italy boxes represent Milan and south-tyrol ( trentino alto-adige )

My Similarity Map:

I5dk73L.png

Iyh8isZ.png

0MUjrh4.png

Oracle for K36

Amerindian0.55
Arabian-
Armenian4.47
Basque-
Central_African-
Central_Euro-
East_African-
East_Asian-
East_Balkan1.27
East_Central_Asian-
East_Central_Euro0.16
East_Med-
Eastern_Euro2.04
Fennoscandian1.55
French-
Iberian-
Indo-Chinese-
Italian-
Malayan-
Near_Eastern-
North_African-
North_Atlantic0.29
North_Caucasian10.13
North_Sea-
Northeast_African-
Oceanian0.79
Omotic-
Pygmy-
Siberian-
South_Asian32.96
South_Central_Asian44.11
South_Chinese-
Volga-Ural1.33
West_African-
West_Caucasian0.36

Dibran: Does your father have any known Arbëreshë ancestry?

Not known no. According to family oral history, we originally had the name Pershpalaj and came from Mirdita near Orosh. We have been in Diber Okshtun per record for at least 400 years. According to an Albanian oral history of the region, they claim pershpalaj descend from a Condottieri named Paul that was hired by Skanderbeg from Italy.

On k36 european ancestry plot, he gets placed near Bari(which I understand has Arbereshe communities, correct me if I am wrong). Perhaps the condottieri was arberesh that migrated from Morea?

Idk. What makes you think that by the way?

Not known no. According to family oral history, we originally had the name Pershpalaj and came from Mirdita near Orosh. We have been in Diber Okshtun per record for at least 400 years. According to an Albanian oral history of the region, they claim pershpalaj descend from a Condottieri named Paul that was hired by Skanderbeg from Italy.

On k36 european ancestry plot, he gets placed near Bari(which I understand has Arbereshe communities, correct me if I am wrong). Perhaps the condottieri was arberesh that migrated from Morea?

Idk. What makes you think that by the way?

Just a guess on my part for your father's increased affinity with Italian populations. (A back migration?) But the condottieri story sounds plausible, especially since the Albanians' oral history tradition preserved important information needed for its clan-based society.

Bronze Age Portugal - T772566 - PT_BA_TorreVelha_3831

74429 SNPs used in this evaluation

tMCZR8j.png

I'm from Montevideo (Uruguay). My father is 100% ethnically Italian (my grandfather was from Veneto, and my grandmother, a Uruguayan granddaughter of Italians). On the mother side, I inherited an important Native American component and a small African contribution. Its main European component is Iberian, with an Italian great-grandfather. The maps fit my story very well, although I was surprised by the important Balkan component, more important than the Iberian.

ATTACH]

Meh i might aswell upload it here aswell with improved colours. Can you see I also coloured a different place aswell on the map!

Help

How do I post a picture? I need to know about my ancestry.

I would also be interested to know what time frame this k36 mapping should be referencing....

Netherlands... hmmm, how odd.

IMG_2326.jpg

Not the best coloring skills but anyway; pretty Balkan picture for me.
Nice chart.

EDIT

It has to be consistently Paleo-Balkanic,because Kosovo is definitely the reference here,they are a controversial 'state' searching for methods to strengthen their autonomy/independence.

I have posted on the Vlach thread some maps from a study (Florin Stanciu)where Kosovo virtually contained no Slavic ancestry,that's why those genes are extremely reliable,plus,the already known E-V13 spike from out there.

Last edited:
View attachment 8853

It appears that England is more closely related to northern France, Belgium, and west/central Germany than to the Netherlands or northern Germany. The Celtic portion of the admixture seems to be more prominent than the Germanic portion.

That makes sense since English people are a blend of Anglo-Saxon (Dutch, NW Germany) and Brythonic Celts (mixed Hallstatt and La Tène + older British Beaker L21). So English people are best described as Celto-Germanic rather than merely Germanic. That is also the case of Belgians, North French and South Germans.

That makes sense since English people are a blend of Anglo-Saxon (Dutch, NW Germany) and Brythonic Celts (mixed Hallstatt and La Tène + older British Beaker L21). So English people are best described as Celto-Germanic rather than merely Germanic. That is also the case of Belgians, North French and South Germans.
That's interesting, since I have high numbers in those areas with that K36 map. The K36 mapping paints a picture more to what I would expect compared to how Ancestry maps it out, at least for what would seem more likely to me for perhaps hundreds of years ago or so, although perhaps not thousands, I couldn't say.... But I'm just a noobie with this stuff.

85-87 [Northern France and North-Western France]
81-84 [Belgium, West Germany, South Germany, Switzerland, Center France]
75-79 [UK/Ireland, South-East France/North-West Italy?, Netherlands, Northern Germany, Liechtenstein, Austria]

Ancestry maps me much heavier on the UK/Ireland side, followed by Iberian Peninsula with Western Europe close behind.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 78112 times.

Back