Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
Genetic similarity to various populations in Eurogenes K36:

http://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

Here are my results for Europe (I added color clines in GIMP):

>85% similarity (= West Slavs, West Ukrainians, and descendants of Eastern Polans?)
>80% similarity
>70% similarity
>60% similarity
>50% similarity

VI8GXUM.png

Last edited:
View attachment 8764View attachment 8765View attachment 8766
Peaks in Belgium and Normandy, why is my affinity to Native Americans and Sardinians equal though? Even my affinity to the Maori is roughly equal to that with Georgians. Is it because some of the natives tested in these places have northwest European ancestry they arent aware of? The similarity to Manchus is also odd in my opinion.

They are Latinos / Hispanics as well, not only Native Americans.

Not sure about the Maoris, but I think some of them are mixed.

K36 map.jpg

Still not a pro at posting pics. I guess I need to learn what GIMP is as well.

They are Latinos / Hispanics as well, not only Native Americans.

Not sure about the Maoris, but I think some of them are mixed.

Ah alright that makes more sense. Any idea about Manchu being 14? What did you guys score? I noticed that the images are invalid attachments so no one can see them, I'll try and fix that when I return home

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
Testing to see if posting images this way works

Not far off from each other, Promenade.

Not far off from each other, Promenade.

Genetically I turn out like a Belgian or English which makes sense to me because most of my ancestry is from Germany but I also have ancestry from the France, Netherlands, Scotland and Ireland pulling me towards the isles.

I believe we'll see if more people share their maps that Americans have a lower highest affinity score towards a certain population compared to people who are mono-ethnic

My "hot spots" where I know I have quite a bit of ancestry are true in this calculator. Along the border of France and Germany especially. Most of my Germans came from that area.

Ah alright that makes more sense. Any idea about Manchu being 14? What did you guys score? I noticed that the images are invalid attachments so no one can see them, I'll try and fix that when I return home

Mine is showing 18 in Manchu. And the highest numbers I got is in Hungary and Slovenia/Western Croatia. Then highest scores are in the rest of east, southeast and central Europe including Germany. I can't figure out how to post these imagines in here, the snipping tool doesn't work when I try to minimize the window these squares with the numbers move somehow. Oh well screw it.

Mine is showing 18 in Manchu. And the highest numbers I got is in Hungary and Slovenia/Western Croatia. Then highest scores are in the rest of east, southeast and central Europe including Germany. I can't figure out how to post these imagines in here, the snipping tool doesn't work when I try to minimize the window these squares with the numbers move somehow. Oh well screw it.

For some reason insert image doesnt work and leads to an invalid attachment, I was able to post images by doing the following:

1.Click on "attachments"(looks like a paper clip, it's next to text color)

2.Click on "add files"

3.Click on "select files"

4.Select the images you want to share and click on "upload images"

5.Check off on the images you want to share in the thread, then click on "insert inline"

The high Manchu is puzzling

Aha, you seem to be kind of northern-shifted.

Interesting, considering that you also have N1c which is more frequent in Belarus than in Ukraine.

Not the best coloring skills but anyway; pretty Balkan picture for me.

Attachments

• wewew.jpg
    wewew.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 280
According to this map and calculator Anatolian Turks seem pretty distant genetically from the Balkans and the rest of Europe and that's surprising to me, I thought they wouldn't be much different than Balkans particularly in western Anatolia.

Aha, you seem to be kind of northern-shifted.

Interesting, considering that you also have N1c which is more frequent in Belarus than in Ukraine.

What regions of the Ukraine are your grandparents from?

Kyiv region. Parents from Kyiv and 10km from Kyiv. Grandparents: paternal: 10km from Kyiv, 80km from Kyiv; maternal: from Vinnytsya region and one person from Altai, with unknown ancestry, perhaps back-migration.

My ftdna y12 matches are lithuanians. And 3 out of 10 top autosomal matches are lithuanians too, with one matching y12

hP32x6x.jpg

Kyiv region. Parents from Kyiv and 10km from Kyiv. Grandparents: paternal: 10km from Kyiv, 80km from Kyiv; maternal: from Vinnytsya region and one person from Altai, with unknown ancestry, perhaps back-migration.

My ftdna y12 matches are lithuanians. And 3 out of 10 top autosomal matches are lithuanians too, with one matching y12

hP32x6x.jpg
Very interesting, yes you look northern shifted with Lithuanian/northern Belarus type ancestry. Kiev though has been a center for the east Slavic world since the kievan Rus so it would be interesting to see a better and more in depth study if the regions around kiev. Maybe your ancestor from the Altai region was Baltic as well. Was that on your paternal side?

This thread has been viewed 78033 times.

Back