Tool for K36: your similarities rates on maps

How do you do this with the color blobs on the higher concentration areas? Is there a program used to do this? It would help be easier on the eyes.

Very interesting, yes you look northern shifted with Lithuanian/northern Belarus type ancestry. Kiev though has been a center for the east Slavic world since the kievan Rus so it would be interesting to see a better and more in depth study if the regions around kiev. Maybe your ancestor from the Altai region was Baltic as well. Was that on your paternal side?

Yes, indeed, it would be interesting if someone done a study on the regions around Kyiv. People of many various villages have their own distinctive look and there is a big range of phenotypes.

The paternal side is deeply Kyivan.
The ancestor from Altai is on the maternal side.

k36AhaBel.EastUkr.CentLith
East_Central_Euro28.0126.9523.834.73
Fennoscandian13.513.2410.8917.14
Eastern_Euro12.8118.6017.4019.69
North_Atlantic9.96.776.446.46
North_Sea6.726.726.828.61
Central_Euro5.698.747.418.18
East_Balkan4.395.916.485.04
North_Caucasian3.741.532.33-
French3.72.413.330.06
Iberian3.463.373.760.09
South_Central_Asian2.60.530.23-
Volga-Ural2.312.071.94-
Italian2.291.826.23-

How do you do this with the color blobs on the higher concentration areas? Is there a program used to do this? It would help be easier on the eyes.

I do in Adobe Illustrator with basic tools, most people do in ms paint or related apps. Maybe someone uses something more sophisticated. It's done manually

My K36 map
> 85 red
>80 blue
>75 green
>70 yellow
>60 gray

I wish someone would make my map, I'll pay you $20

I wish someone would make my map, I'll pay you $20

just use the snipping tool to get the image of your map. Open it into paint and use the basic tools, its not that hard. Maybe mine isnt that fancy like Aha and tomenable but its not that hard to make it even like theirs.

just use the snipping tool to get the image of your map. Open it into paint and use the basic tools, its not that hard. Maybe mine isnt that fancy like Aha and tomenable but its not that hard to make it even like theirs.

It would be easier to just pay someone to do it.
I can't snip the image out without those squares shifting when I minimize it.
Also how do you post a picture in here to look like that to and not like a small thumbnail?

emap.jpg:confused:
:confused:

Genetically I turn out like a Belgian or English which makes sense to me because most of my ancestry is from Germany but I also have ancestry from the France, Netherlands, Scotland and Ireland pulling me towards the isles.

I believe we'll see if more people share their maps that Americans have a lower highest affinity score towards a certain population compared to people who are mono-ethnic

So far the highest numbers -

Young's Dad 92 England/Wales
MSJ 90 England/Wales
Tomenable 89 west Poland
Aha 88 Belarus
Promenade 86 Belgium
Young 86 England
Srdcleva 86 East Germany
Velerius 85 Macedonia/Bulgaria
Apsurdistan 83 Slovenia

I would bet than an Irish person could score 95.

Last edited:
K36 map.jpg

Colored attempt and inline image (edited to expand red to 85+)

My attachment didn't work properly the first time but I scored a whopping 90 for both England and Wales, 89 for Ireland and 88 for Scotland. It's funny that I have 0 percent English DNA according to My Heritage Ethnicity Estimates. I guess being a mutt doesn't allow for accurate calculations.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 3.14.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 3.14.36 PM.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 132
My attachment didn't work properly the first time but I scored a whopping 90 for both England and Wales, 89 for Ireland and 88 for Scotland. It's funny that I have 0 percent English DNA according to My Heritage Ethnicity Estimates. I guess being a mutt doesn't allow for accurate calculations.

90 is a new high score!

Don't trust the MyHeritage British or Scandinavian estimates - they are all over the place. It shows my parents and brother with 0% Scandi and me with 32%. It also shows my brother 60+% English and me only 5%. Ridiculous.

What is curious to me is that for having 4 points lower in England, I don't have extra scores elsewhere compared to you. Our other numbers are very similar.

Tomenable 89 west Poland
Aha 87 Ukraine/Russia border
Promenade 86 Belgium
Young 86 England
Srdcleva 86 Germany - Sachsen Anhault?
Apsurdistan 83 Slovenia

It's just a marker for all of east germany, which is heavily Slavic admixed and genetically distant from the rest of Germans. The sorbs seem to have heavily influenced the area and it's why all Slavic people show higher rates for east germany v

Tomenable 89 west Poland
Promenade 86 Belgium
Young 86 England
Apsurdistan 83 Slovenia

Ooh fun game let's play who gets the highest scores

I got 83 in Slovenia and Hungary so far the highest for them. I highly doubt anyone will bump me off there's just not enough people participating, but let's see what happens.

90 is a new high score!

Don't trust the MyHeritage British or Scandinavian estimates - they are all over the place. It shows my parents and brother with 0% Scandi and me with 32%. It also shows my brother 60+% English and me only 5%. Ridiculous.

What is curious to me is that for having 4 points lower in England, I don't have extra scores elsewhere compared to you. Our other numbers are very similar.

I don't understand how I score so high in the British Isles when more of my ancestry is Dutch and German. And you're mostly British with lower scores than I have?

Tomenable 89 west Poland
Promenade 86 Belgium
Young 86 England
Apsurdistan 83 Slovenia

My highest is 88 in Belarus

khFG3YM.jpg

I got 79 in Croatia anyone got more than that? Looks like Valerius pretty much bumped me off from my own territory in Bosnia :disappointed: and I think Romania, Moldavia as well. Well at least I got more in Czechia, Slovakia than Srdceleva :LOL: Tomenable has more though.

Updated & Corrected:

Young's Dad 92 England/Wales
MSJ 90 England/Wales
Tomenable 89 west Poland
Aha 88 Belarus
Promenade 86 Belgium
Young 86 England
Srdcleva 86 East Germany
Apsurdistan 83 Slovenia

This thread has been viewed 78051 times.

Back