K36 Tool for K36: your similarities rates on maps

Well crap there goes my Slovenia.

They are Latinos / Hispanics as well, not only Native Americans.

Not sure about the Maoris, but I think some of them are mixed.

Almost all of them today are mixed - I don't know if surveys take their genealogy in account?

>=85; >= 80; >=75; >=70; >= 60; >=50. Roughly.

mine below

similar to yours

further break down by mine via the creator

From oracle-spreadsheet

1 IT_Veneto 5,52
2 IT_Friuli 10,50
3 IT_North 55,63
4 IT_Piedmont 64,88
5 Swiss_Italian 80,52
6 IT_Tuscany 106,72
7 IT_Aosta 116,92
8 Swiss_German 189,15
9 Albania_Montenegro 201,53
10 Austria_Tyrol 217,31
11 France_Central 252,58
12 Macedonia_FYROM 279,77
13 Albania_FYROM 391,37
14 South_Romania 395,82
15 Albania_North 464,27
16 Romania_SE 468,79
17 IT_Lazio 495,40
18 France_NorthWest 495,91
19 Serbian 520,65
20 Kosovo 526,21

BTW, north italy boxes represent Milan and south-tyrol ( trentino alto-adige )

Seven Eastern Germans (+ their kit numbers):

Windmoeller (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

cMFoBfi.jpg

Schauer (GEDCOM ID#: 5564977):

4jyGt6s.jpg

J. Steinbach (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

6DOFtw3.jpg

Kopitzke (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

z7lVnUq.jpg

Matthia (http://www.matthia.org):

NufIlr1.jpg

Krampetz (GEDCOM ID#: 5380745):

DHFyJvk.jpg

L. Steinbach (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

M69EeGY.jpg

Seven Eastern Germans (+ their kit numbers):

Windmoeller (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

cMFoBfi.jpg

Schauer (GEDCOM ID#: 5564977):

4jyGt6s.jpg

J. Steinbach (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

6DOFtw3.jpg

Kopitzke (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

z7lVnUq.jpg

Matthia (http://www.matthia.org):

NufIlr1.jpg

Krampetz (GEDCOM ID#: 5380745):

DHFyJvk.jpg

L. Steinbach (GEDCOM ID#: 6534358):

M69EeGY.jpg
These can't be average east Germans though. Look more like prussians.

BTW, north italy boxes represent Milan and south-tyrol ( trentino alto-adige )

I highly doubt that, especially south Tyrol that is only the English name of Alto-Adige, not even of Trentino.

They are Germans with ancestry from former German territories which are now in Poland.

Check their GEDCOMs, everything is there (I mean, their family trees can be found there).

Finally got around to coloring mine. I also redid the test because they seemed to have updated their map, they added Northern Irish and Transylvanian samples.

I'm Closer to Northern Irish than regular Irish which is interesting because AncestryDNA claims I cluster with others who have Norn Iron ancestry, as far as I know I have no ancestors from there though.

12.jpg

Here is mine, for what it's worth.

K36-map.png

My ancestry is principally a mix of Celtic and Germanic and the red zone is the convergence between the two groups (Brittany has high Celtic DNA while Normandy to Luxembourg is more Germanic, but with Gaulish/Belgic).

Ha, it seems I make a more convincing Belgian genetically than you do. They should really split up Flanders and Wallonia though, Belgium is one of the less genetically homogeneous countries in Europe and I'm sure there would be a fair difference between the two, similar to Switzerland. It's clear that Belgians are a Celtic and Germanic mix, I derive about 20~ percent of my ancestry from the celtic areas of the British Isles and the rest mostly from Germany and I serve as a decent proxy for them.

Thanks for posting, Maciamo.

Your Basque sets a record at 47, the next highest is 40 and many are in the 20's. I suppose you are just about the closest person to that zone that has posted though.

His overall Iberian ancestry is pretty high, he also has higher similarities with Italian Swiss than most other North West Europeans here do.

I have ancestry from Pomerania and Lower Silesia, East Germany is the only place where I have ancestry from that isnt above 80 here. If it includes Germans who used to reside in Poland like Tomenable says than the number will be highly variable. A German from Mecklenburg with ancestry from Polabians might not be similar from a German originally from East Prussia who had ancestry from Baltic people or a German from somewhere else in the east where they didn't mix as much.

The ones I posted are not from East Prussia.

But some of them are from Pomerania. I couldn't find any 100% East Prussians. I only found one 50% East Prussian + 50% West German (according to GEDCOM). Maybe if the East Prussian parent orders a DNA test one day, I will have a 100% East Prussian sample.

Promenade said:
I have ancestry from Pomerania and Lower Silesia
On GEDmatch, do you have any 100% East German relatives with GEDCOMs?

Ha, truly, it's bizarre that northern greece shows less similarity than what appears to be southern greece? Also, what are peoples' theories on why Sardinians are such outliers? I just always assumed they were similar to Italians....

It would be fairly difficult to create with those results, outside of Macedonia the numbers are all over the place

map22.jpg

Dont see anything out of the ordinary, and is very consistent with the Oricals.

On GEDmatch, do you have any 100% East German relatives with GEDCOMs?

I just created one to look and I couldn't find any relatives let alone East Germans. The Surnames of my ancestors from Pomerania were Leeger and Friek. I don't know the surname of the one from Lower Silesia because she married an American, I have it somewhere though. I'll tell you when I find it.

Ha, truly, it's bizarre that northern greece shows less similarity than what appears to be southern greece? Also, what are peoples' theories on why Sardinians are such outliers? I just always assumed they were similar to Italians....

They have a large amount of EEF ancestry and lack Steppe ancestry, the island isolated them enough so they preserved much more of their neolithic ancestry compared to the rest of Europe.

[/B]

I highly doubt that, especially south Tyrol that is only the English name of Alto-Adige, not even of Trentino.

I spoke to the creator

to the NW of south tyrol , there is north Tyrol germany

to the NE of south tyrol , there is salzburg Austria

The results of seven Lithuanians and Latvians in this tool:

JQZ0CIo.jpg

XcUIweU.jpg

nJD9gQZ.jpg

ds2zLAR.jpg

JNpvaHG.jpg

FuY5qRr.jpg

jEe8sVa.jpg

Ancient Celtic and Germanic results in this tool:

RISE174 (Early Medieval Germanic, 427-611 AD):

bWQZO4n.jpg

Hinxton1 (Iron Age Celtic Briton 160 BC - 26 AD):

0RwfyPL.jpg

Hinxton4 (Iron Age Celtic Briton 170 BC - 80 AD):

6vgXRaA.jpg

Mixed Anglo-Saxons (Hinxtons 2,3,5 631-881 AD):

baONY5J.jpg

m5aIwAm.jpg

C5T0vfj.jpg

I spoke to the creator

to the NW of south tyrol , there is north Tyrol germany

to the NE of south tyrol , there is salzburg Austria

What has it to do with what we were discussing?

Tyrol in Germany? Really?

737px-Tirol-Suedtirol-Trentino.png

Ancient Celtic and Germanic results in this tool:

RISE174 (Early Medieval Germanic, 427-611 AD):

bWQZO4n.jpg

Hinxton1 (Iron Age Celtic Briton 160 BC - 26 AD):

0RwfyPL.jpg

Hinxton4 (Iron Age Celtic Briton 170 BC - 80 AD):

6vgXRaA.jpg

Mixed Anglo-Saxons (Hinxtons 2,3,5 631-881 AD):

baONY5J.jpg

m5aIwAm.jpg

C5T0vfj.jpg
do you have an my heritage results for any Lithuanians? I'm curious to see how Baltic they score on it.

This thread has been viewed 78685 times.

Back