Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L52(xU106)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a2a1

Ethnic group
    Mostly Lusitani/Vettones (Iberia)

In Brazil the descendants of Syrian-Lebanese Arabs, mixed or not, with Iberians, have names and surnames phonetically adapted to Portuguese. In Brazil there is the largest Syrian-Lebanese diaspora in the Americas. The mayor of my hometown, Belo Horizonte, is a Syrian-Lebanese descendant named Elias Kalil.
    “Às vezes ouço passar o vento; e só de ouvir o vento passar, vale a pena ter nascido”.
    Fernando Pessoa

Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Do some research then. There's plenty of Latinos with Arab origins (obviously mixed) who have Spanish lastnames.
    Distant "Arab" (Levantine/North African) ancestry mainly brought in small amounts by Iberians does not count. Actual ethnic Arab migration to Latin America happened mostly after the 1880s and especially in the 1910s and 1920s. It's a "recent" genetic inflow in most of Latin America, the surnames are still there (do you know Menem, former president of Argentina? Menem is a Lebanese surname. Carlos Slim, the Mexican billionaire? Lebanese surname).

Also, it is just self-evident that many mixed people of Arab origins may have Spanish last names for the obvious reason that they are mixed and, therefore, they also owe much of their family history to non-Arab people, isn't it? Or would you think they would retain only their Arab surname ? It is certain that some families of Arab origin changed their surname, but it wasn't the usual practice in most places.

By the way, it seems some of you ignore the history of Arab immigration to Latin America: in fact the vast majority of them up to the 1960s were Arab Christians, not Muslims. They are among the most successful diasporas in Latin America and blended in extremely well, and that's why most of them are now mixed, so obviously many of them have non-Arab surnames (with or without their original Arab surnames, since usually only men's surnames were passed on).

Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    In Brazil the descendants of Syrian-Lebanese Arabs, mixed or not, with Iberians, have names and surnames phonetically adapted to Portuguese. In Brazil there is the largest Syrian-Lebanese diaspora in the Americas. The mayor of my hometown, Belo Horizonte, is a Syrian-Lebanese descendant named Elias Kalil.
    Exactly, Duarte. Maybe some Latin American nation had a different history with its Syrian/Lebanese diaspora, but at least in Brazil, Mexico and Argentina things were really different, and Syrian/Lebanese surnames are not only preserved, but sometimes even proudly showed off, since the population of (today mostly very mixed) Arab descent is among the wealthiest and most politically influential in many places. The famous names that aren't just are so numerous that I can't even remember them all. Just now I was reminded of Salma Hayek (Mexico) and Shakira Mebarak (Colombia).

Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    I would advice to ignore user Nik as obviously kid is trøll and sadly represents minority of Albanian members with very vulgar behavior.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Formed 9600 ybp, TMRCA 5400 ybp.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-L283/

Just to compare with J2-M205, since one group was spread with IE languages and another one with Semitic and they are both J2b-M102+, but separation time 16 000 ybp.

Formed 15800 ybp, TMRCA 5700 ybp.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-M205/

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Do some research then. There's plenty of Latinos with Arab origins (obviously mixed) who have Spanish lastnames.
    I take back the vast majority part since there's no way to prove it (although you might be right about most of them) but I stick to "plenty of Arabs with Spanish lastnames".

Carlos Roberto Flores Facussé
    José Antonio Meade Kuribreña
    Gaspar Henaine Pérez
    Jaime Sabines Gutiérrez
    Mário Jorge Lobo Zagallo
    Antonio Saca
    Paulina Vega
    Carlos Slim Helú
    Eduardo Falú
    Basilio Lami Dozo
    Carlos Balá
    Elias Bazzi
    Jorge Antonio
    Alfredo Avelín
    Juliana Paes
    João Bosco
    Rafael Leitão
    Fernando Gabeira
    Miguel Littin
    Nicolás Massú
    Jeff Becerra

How can one possibly know that these people here are of Arab descent?

Trojet simply said there was someone with a Spanish sounding lastname, so he could be anything.

To have a better idea of Wanderer's ancestor we need:
    1- The full name (all 4 or 5 of them) of his closest match
    2- His second and third matches

Trojet or any of us could be easily fooled by Javier Gutierrez but if we get a Javier Khalil Gutierrez Hayek then we'd know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    Formed 9600 ybp, TMRCA 5400 ybp.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-L283/

Just to compare with J2-M205, since one group was spread with IE languages and another one with Semitic and they are both J2b-M102+, but separation time 16 000 ybp.

Formed 15800 ybp, TMRCA 5700 ybp.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-M205/

Sure, we'll compare. Ok now, dismissed!

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I take back the vast majority part since there's no way to prove it
    At least you are starting to realise the nonsense you said, that is what we call progress : )

Trojet simply said there was someone with a Spanish sounding lastname, so he could be anything.

Yes he could technically be some arabicised European but that is something else, and then as such spread to Carrebean Sea. But this is hypothesis is without any proofs or bases. Then why Levantine? You could in the same way say he could of been Chinese or Sub-Saharan African prior to expanding to Carrebean Sea, well yea, technically he could be anything, , but his more further European origin is undoubtful with its peaks in Balkan among Albanians.
    But also well represented in Italy, Spain, Portugal.

To have a better idea of Wanderer's ancestor we need:
    1- The full name (all 4 or 5 of them) of his closest match
    2- His second and third matches
    Whatever his matches are today, there is no doubt they were Europeans before, probably Balkan-Italy-Spain relation.

Sure, we'll compare. Ok now, dismissed!

Listen kid, start be respectful or i will pull your unrespectful ears so much that you will cry.

And yes, compare and learn, ancient DNA map is probably best proof of some haplogroup origin. Especially when TMRCA is about similar time with its ancient DNA finds, like its case in both J2-M205 and J2-L283.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Listen kid, start be respectful or i will pull your unrespectful ears so much that you will cry.
    Yes, please. I'm only interested in this part. I invited you before to exchange info and phone numbers and meet.

Perhaps it seems too peaceful and childish here but I'll do my best to insult you in the worst possible way and get you really fired up to meet me and pull my ears.

You can't see from a forum profile what's inside my mind and what we want to do to Osmanlis

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Yes, please. I'm only interested in this part. I invited you before to exchange info and phone numbers and meet.

Perhaps it seems too peaceful and childish here but I'll do my best to insult you in the worst possible way and get you really fired up to meet me and pull my ears.

You can't see from a forum profile what's inside my mind and what we want to do to Osmanlis

This is typical Ashkali behaviour, its pretty clear where you come from.

The only one who should be insulted by your vulgar behavior is your parents, because as obviously they made you and failed in any further education or manner teaching their child.
    Worst of all is they even have to pay your internet bill

Don't bother me with low iq ideas anymore, i dont have time for North Albanian underaged Gabel that is trying to be tough on internet.

BTW do whatever you want to Osmanlis lol, 80 % of Albanians are Muslims, and almost every second Ottoman prime minister was Albanian starting with Bayezid Pasha in 1413

You are 500 years Ottoman yourself, with identity crisis And confusion that you can thank to extreme communist regime.

500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283

Ethnic group
    Ancient

At least you are starting to realise the nonsense you said, that is what we call progress : )

Yes he could technically be some arabicised European but that is something else, and then as such spread to Carrebean Sea. But this is hypothesis is without any proofs or bases. Then why Levantine? You could in the same way say he could of been Chinese or Sub-Saharan African prior to expanding to Carrebean Sea, well yea, technically he could be anything, , but his more further European origin is undoubtful with its peaks in Balkan among Albanians.
    But also well represented in Italy, Spain, Portugal.

Whatever his matches are today, there is no doubt they were Europeans before, probably Balkan-Italy-Spain relation.

And yes, compare and learn, ancient DNA map is probably best proof of some haplogroup origin. Especially when TMRCA is about similar time with its ancient DNA finds, like its case in both J2-M205 and J2-L283.
    It wouldn't be ssa or chinese because JL283 is caucus origin from Georgia armenia region. We already know this. But we have levantine origin of a spefic basal J-L283 branch and kura axes culture is a culture that inhibited the areas of J L283.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2-M205*

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    It wouldn't be ssa or chinese because JL283 is caucus origin from Georgia armenia region. We already know this. But we have levantine origin of a spefic basal J-L283 branch and kura axes culture is a culture that inhibited the areas of J L283.
    This was only technically and theoretically speaking, you were already explained things by Trojet. You should listen to him, you two have same haplogroup and he is J2-M172 project admin.

Saying thanks would not hurt you. You cant always contradict people with whatever comes to your mind. Especially because your knowledge is on beginner stage.

3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Albanian

There was this story about you losing it after some member of the Balkanforum found out your phone number and called you. Why would you now offer people to exchange numbers?

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Z17107>A24048
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1a

Ethnic group
    Qun, Ermi

With new results overview of some "basal" Balkan J-Z631's:

J-Z631>Y155546 Vlore, Albania
    J-Z631>Y144394 Vlore, Albania
    J-Z631>Z1043>BY38004 Vojvodina (Serb ?)
    J-Z631>Z1043>FGC55768 Greek, Phocis
    J-Y98609* Bosniak, Sandzak
    J-Z1043* (Z8424-) Croat
    J-Z631*/Z1043* Greek/Thaci-Korbi Albania/Basarabi Romania

So plenty of basal Z631 in Western Balkans.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by ArdianTH View Post
    There was this story about you losing it after some member of the Balkanforum found out your phone number and called you. Why would you now offer people to exchange numbers?
    I'm not a member on any other forum besides this. I used to visit anthrogenica from time to time for info but that's it. You got me confused.

And I had never heard of Balkanforum before.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Or perhaps you can't read. This is what I wrote on the J2 page:

As a result, both the Illyrians and the Mycenaeans (and possibly the Albanians) would be descended from Middle to Late Bronze Age Steppe migrants to the Southeast Europe, in a migration that was particularly rich in J2b lineages from the Middle Volga region.

The Albanian (and Kosovar) population is one of the most homogeneous in Europe in term of shared recent ancestry according to Ralph & Coop 2013. This means that the Albanians expanded from a very small population relatively recently, which explains why strong founder effects completely reshaped the Y-DNA frequencies. That is how E-V13 and J2b became to dominant among Albanians and Kosovars. That expansion probably took place during the Middle Ages, so based on the current data it is impossible to know whether E-V13 and J2b entered the Albanian gene pool during the Bronze Age, the Iron Age, the Classical Antiquity, or even the Middle Ages. Hence my reserve on the subject.
    that's true.present day Albania and Kosovo couldn't have had more than 100 000 people circa 1500s after the ottoman conquest and the blood path that followed.
    100 000 being very very generous as the ottoman censuses in the Albanian pashaliks(carried out regionally from the Turkalbanians who were the ruling class)300 years later report close to 200 000 population

Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Parapolitikos View Post
    that's true.present day Albania and Kosovo couldn't have had more than 100 000 people circa 1500s after the ottoman conquest and the blood path that followed.
    100 000 being very very generous as the ottoman censuses in the Albanian pashaliks(carried out regionally from the Turkalbanians who were the ruling class)300 years later report close to 200 000 population
    I think you are wrong and also you are an uneducated person. Probably 100.000-150.000 Albanians lived at that time(circa 1500s) only in Peloponnese, let alone other regions of Greece and of course Albania.
    And stop using these derogatory names products of your filthy chauvinistic idologie. The most easy thing is to mock and laugh the greeks and to ridicule your attempts to invent history, but it is supposed that we are here to discuss, right?
    Last edited by LABERIA; 11-07-19 at 10:45.
    17 Dec.
    Paget to the Council.

Now the Council's letters seem to imply (words quoted) that the King will keep no strangers save the Albanoys.

Cales, 17 Dec. 1545. Signed.

Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points7 days registered
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2a-M67
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W3b1

Ethnic group
    ✡️

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fustan View Post
    This haplogroup is mostly found among Albanians, and seems to be most diverse there.
    J2b2-L283 was also found in Bronze Age croatia (and it's funny Macaiamo doesn't mention Albanians on the J2b2 page on Eupedia, there seems to be a strong bias on his part for some strange reason).

Wondering if any non-albanians have this haplogroup and if so, where you're from.
    J2b2a1-L283 origins by diversity and subgroups with focus on Jewish lineages

https://j2-m172.info/2015/10/j2b2a1-...wish-lineages/

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415