J2b2-L283 (proto-illyrian)

How old are some of you?

"Mommy, mommy, he started it first!" That was the point at which I usually threatened to cancel the trip and bring everybody home.

Grow up, and stop causing all this chaos or you're going to be out of here.

Wow Angela, are they causing chaos by pointing out that someone went off topic? :D
LABERIA was just poiting out for you where the first off-topic post was located on the thread.
Isn't that just helping, Angela?
I smell some emotions interfering with someones logical sense :D

How old are some of you?

"Mommy, mommy, he started it first!" That was the point at which I usually threatened to cancel the trip and bring everybody home.

Grow up, and stop causing all this chaos or you're going to be out of here.

The question is not how old we are or if it's time for us to grow up. The problem is that you have to understand that you are a moderator in an respected international forum and you can't go around deleting posts without reasons. Can you tell me please, what was wrong in my posts against the rules of this forum?

It is because she/he is editing threads so they will fit her/his beliefs better.
That is why she only deleted your posts, but not the serbian guys post. She/he though no one would notice.
When you pointed it out, she/he had to make an excuse for not deleting it, and that excuse was the we have to grow up :D

Actually thought this forum would be more serious...

The question is not how old we are or if it's time for us to grow up. The problem is that you have to understand that you are a moderator in an respected international forum and you can't go around deleting posts without reasons. Can you tell me please, what was wrong in my posts against the rules of this forum?

You are supposed to keep on topic. I gather you never read the forum rules? That's always a mistake.

The topic is whether a certain ydna lineage is proto-Illyrian, not petty disputes about the extent of Venetian areas thousands of years later.

If you can't understand that you have a problem with your reasoning ability and sense of chronology

Keep it up and you'll get another richly deserved infraction.

You and some of the other Albanian members, and now some returning Serbian members make a zoo out of innumerable academic threads, and it's going to stop.

Wow Angela, are they causing chaos by pointing out that someone went off topic? :D
LABERIA was just poiting out for you where the first off-topic post was located on the thread.
Isn't that just helping, Angela?
I smell some emotions interfering with someones logical sense :D

The a-scientific ******** engaged in by him and certain other posters is what makes certain threads virtually unreadable for any serious poster.

He pointed out Sile's post because he's annoyed he had more posts deleted than Sile, and Sile's was the first.

Like I said, childish and pathetic.

The a-scientific ******** engaged in by him and certain other posters is what makes certain threads virtually unreadable for any serious poster.

He pointed out Sile's post because he's annoyed he had more posts deleted than Sile, and Sile's was the first.

Like I said, childish and pathetic.

Excuse me, what do you consider academic discussion, being forced to read your husband's opinion ?
Now, when Greeks tell me upon hearing my last name, as they always do, "Una faccia, una razza", I can say, yes, indeed, and the genetics proves it. :)

My husband was always very interested in the commonalities between the Greeks and the southern Italians as some of his family were speaking Griko into the 19th century, and his paternal grandfather was born within sight of Greek ruins. He also was a Classics minor at university, Latin and Greek studies. So, very interested indeed.

To be completely honest, though, I also like being right. :)

And from the other side you continue to delete my posts full with references from many scholars starting from the Herodotus, the father of history and continue with other important scholars from antiquity until in our days?

Oh yeah? Posts about Venetian Albania are on topic are they? Your logic is faulty.

@Absurdistan,

LeBrok uses the hammer. I use Athena's spear. :)

I really appreciate people with a sense of humor. You're starting to grow on me, if you understand that idiom. :) Just don't use your humor to ***** other ethnicites.

And you contribute much to this forum and it's nice to have a lady in here. You're kind of a freak that you're obsessed with this stuff but in a good healthy sense :)

We Yugoslavians (I know it's not a country anymore but it gets really annoying labeling 5 or 6 nationalities every time) have a stereotype that Bosnians are funny and Montenegrians are lazy. And I guess I fit both of those.
Can I share a Montenegrian joke? Trust me it's not offense it's in good spirit and you can all have a good laugh and proceed with the topic. Or you can even delete it it's fine.

Well Apsurdistan you're true Bosnian like most i know,I think the same way of Bosnians not in stereo typical way, they're funny and other things that i remember they like to sing and are good singers don't know about you thought lol.
However Bosnians are some of my favorite people in ex-Yugoslavia.

Thread needs serious cleaning for all of page 2.

Illyrians:

1749036.png

I2a-Slav was somewhere in Ukraine-Belarus area.

100% North-western European here, but my haplogroup is J2b2

So what? People move around you know.

OP wanted to know if any non-Albanians/Balkanites were J2b2...so I included my ancestry, which is basically all from the North Sea coast. It's my understanding that J2b2 is pretty rare outside S-E Europe.

OP wanted to know if any non-Albanians/Balkanites were J2b2...so I included my ancestry, which is basically all from the North Sea coast. It's my understanding that J2b2 is pretty rare outside S-E Europe.
Best regards, there is J2b2 reported in plenty of places outside Balkan. Also J2b2 is wide spread and Albanians fall under J2-L283 line.Since you stated your ancestry is from North Sea they could easily be also somewhere under L283.What is your terminal snp and where have you tested? With at least 37 STRs markers tested you can know how far you are from Albanians and who might be your closest relatives thru direct paternal line. This is map of J2b, J2b1 and J2b2 combined so it kinda gives you Idea, where most numerous i believe should be j2b2 EDIT: i cant post links but go under J2 in Eupedia and look for last map (Distribution of haplogroup J2b (M102) in Europe, the Middle East & North Africa).

Hi everyone, I have been reading the posts staring the first thread and I noticed that a possible connection was postulated between Albanians and Myceaneans through J2b2. Given that recently we have evidence that Myceneans were quite similar to Minoans and we only found Myceneans carrying haplogroup J2a. Does someone think that J2b2 may have entered Greece through a later invasion like the Dorians? In that case Dorians would have been more Balkanic than the Myceneans.

Also, I am rather puzzled because of the fact that Gheghs pretty much lack haplogroup J2b1. Since the latter haplogroup seems to be quite old, I wonder how Ghegh Albanians don't have it. I would definitely expect Illyrians to carry this haplogroup as well.

Haplogroup-J2b1.png

BTW interesting thread, i agree that Albanians should be more associated to this group on Eupedia because its obviously dominates at them with percentages.

nvm,,, text edit out

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have been reading the posts staring the first thread and I noticed that a possible connection was postulated between Albanians and Myceaneans through J2b2. Given that recently we have evidence that Myceneans were quite similar to Minoans and we only found Myceneans carrying haplogroup J2a. Does someone think that J2b2 may have entered Greece through a later invasion like the Dorians? In that case Dorians would have been more Balkanic than the Myceneans.
Also, I am rather puzzled because of the fact that Gheghs pretty much lack haplogroup J2b1. Since the latter haplogroup seems to be quite old, I wonder how Ghegh Albanians don't have it. I would definitely expect Illyrians to carry this haplogroup as well.
Haplogroup-J2b1.png
Recently while studying Strabo and other Roman historians ..........I begin to see that the only people the Dorians and myceneans can be associated with are the Thracians, I suspect these 2 along with Dacians and getae are sub branches of thracian.
Strabo states the illyrians are from the eastern alps circa 1300BC and following that, the hungarian scholar in his book Noricum further states that the Dalmatians migrated to the coast of the Adriatic sea around 500-600BC from modern austria/slovenia.
On your map the serbian area has always been associated with 2 thracian tribes from history, the Triballi and the Moesians.
I am currently stuidying the 2 Dardanian ( kosovo ) tribes, one being the Galabrii which , so far, I found moved to northern Albania are where renamed Taulantii.
The ancient greek Historian Herodotus has always stated that the Thracians are the biggest population in the world after the Indians

This thread has been viewed 486967 times.

Back