Some software development jobs are boring

davef

Princess
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian,Irish,Jewish
Programming what you want is fun, but as a job it can be painfully boring at times.

Note:I made a few modifications to this thread bc I finally realized what I was complaining about. I'm not a morning person, lol.

Last edited:
Take a vacation and go do some wild game hunting.

I have to get in this borning programing one day. I have an idea for an app.
Every 10 years I have to change my occupation, otherwise I'm bored to death and burned out.

No, programming in of itself isn't boring, just that many programming positions are. I like novelty.
And it's amazing how people spend 30 plus years doing the same thing. I admire their capacity to withstand boredom. The nine to five job isn't for me.

No, programming in of itself isn't boring, just that many programming positions are. I like novelty.
And it's amazing how people spend 30 plus years doing the same thing. I admire their capacity to withstand boredom. The nine to five job isn't for me.
For me the key is: learning new skills, unleashing creativity, always progressing, being own boss (boss of me :)/organizing my own working day - or not working.

One job I don't think I'd ever get bored with is being a gynecologist.
Dammit why didn't I like school

Programming what you want is fun, but as a job it can be painfully boring at times.

Note:I made a few modifications to this thread bc I finally realized what I was complaining about. I'm not a morning person, lol.

Yes. I got you. Do realize that most of the funding in western societies is going towards quantum computing ...
you might want to get a focus that tires you sufficiently. best luck

Every 10 years I have to change my occupation, otherwise I'm bored to death and burned out.

You do very well with analytical thinking so programming should suit you. You should give some free online classes a try. Btw ignore those bogus quotes that say things like "I had no experience but after a year of udacity courses, I became a senior developer at Google." Lol.

https://www.udacity.com/pathfinder

Build your own projects! I'm currently building a voice streaming app to help smaller teams better communicate. I have to work on side projects while having a job or I get bored.

Build your own projects! I'm currently building a voice streaming app to help smaller teams better communicate. I have to work on side projects while having a job or I get bored.

You are making something like Discord or am I wrong?

So you can try to diversify your programming routine with a variety of projects. Take on more responsibility.

This thread has been viewed 6403 times.

Back