LivingDNA Living DNA Raw Data - Now Available

GEDmatch now has something called Gedmatch Genesis will will accept LivingDNA files.

As for negative SNPs - you can pull that from the raw data if you are good with data manipulation. I will probably convert mine to 23andMe format and use a YSNP generator. They can be individually tested at the ISOGG Y-browser if you are interested in specific positions, it won't take that long if you only need to check a few branches.

I'm thinking to buy the test in the next couple of days, and if livingdna isnt going to be putting out a 23andme compatible rawdna soon then its a deal breaker, maciamo said 10th july but from users response here it seems they haven't done that yet : ( also I have a feeling their reliability is not as good with shipping etc

After contacting livingdna ceo, he assured me that as of yesterday people are able to download a 23 and me compatible file. Anybody who has taken the test can confirm this?

I confirm that the Living DNA raw data is now 23andMe compatible. It works on the regular GEDmatch (not just Genesis).

I confirm that the Living DNA raw data is now 23andMe compatible. It works on the regular GEDmatch (not just Genesis).

Awesome! Thanks for this Mac :D

Last edited:
Great. Maciamo you mentioned before that you were going to help living DNA with better descriptions of their haplogroups. Any new news on that front?

Does the tokenizing and batch processing work well with you at regular Gedmatch? It says maybe "too few SNPs". Several tools work, but I would also like to use one-to-many.

Does the tokenizing and batch processing work well with you at regular Gedmatch? It says maybe "too few SNPs". Several tools work, but I would also like to use one-to-many.

The txt-file doesn't seem complete yet, they are probably working on that.

The txt-file doesn't seem complete yet, they are probably working on that.

correction: the autosomal raw file does indeed seem to contain 600k SNPs. It is just the batch-processing at regular gedmatch that doesn't work properly, which does only make the one-to-many comparison not possible. It does work at genesis gedmatch; likely later this year these databases will be merged.

correction: the autosomal raw file does indeed seem to contain 600k SNPs

Thanks for this update.

It is just the batch-processing at regular gedmatch that doesn't work properly, which does only make the one-to-many comparison not possible.

Sorry I didn't really understand this bit especially: " which does only make the one-to-many comparison not possible"

Thanks for this update.

Sorry I didn't really understand this bit especially: " which does only make the one-to-many comparison not possible"

It seems that gedmatch (the original, not the genesis) doesn't batch process the LivingDNA files completely somehow; apparently you will therefore not see a list of potential matches (one-to-many list), which makes it difficult to point out your matches. You can use the one-to-one matching tool, but then you have to know your potential matches already, and you can use all kinds of admixture tools. Within the beta version genesis gedmatch, you can see a one-to-many list of potential matches, but genesis has fewer participants than regular gedmatch. That's how I understand it. Later this year problems might be solved.

Hi, I just got living DNA results this week (submitted 24 April 2017) and I too can confirm it is GEDmatch compatible. I just created GEDmatch account and within 5 minutes I had livingDNA data uploaded without error.I chose the generic data option. Ron

Hello! We just wanted to let you know that LivingDNA raw data is compatible with Genomapp. You just have to select VCF format when you transfer your raw data file to the app to be analyzed for health reports. If you need more information, please let us know.

This thread has been viewed 17341 times.

Back