On the future of Europe and European Boarders

This whole post of yours is one big rambling delusion, my man. It's just more confirmation that not engaging your points was a good choice. Yes, you're very objective, an anti-nationalist who only ends up caring about the nationalism and the narratives of his neighbors etc. It's nothing new in the Balkans.

Look in the mirror if you want to talk about 'fueling fires' btw.

I'm not quite sure I'm following the logic here. Is this just code for proposing a change of borders in accordance with hotly contested versions of medieval history?

Honestly, from an outsider, I think your time would be better spent figuring out how to increase prosperity and quality of life for people no matter where they are.

This whole post of yours is one big rambling delusion, my man. It's just more confirmation that not engaging your points was a good choice. Yes, you're very objective, an anti-nationalist who only ends up caring about the nationalism and the narratives of his neighbors etc. It's nothing new in the Balkans.

Look in the mirror if you want to talk about 'fueling fires' btw.
Yes, lets say that, rambling delusion :)
Who should i trust, you an anonymous nationalist, or Maria Eftimiu, a greek history professor who won one of the most prestigious academic award in Greece?
She won the award for excellence in Academic teaching in 2013, that is 2 years after she made the above video lecture, my friend.
So in other words, her view of reality got her an award. What has your view given you? Is there anyone who matters who is backing up your nationalistic motives in Greece right now?

I thought so.

Here is a description of the award.
"Award for Excellence in Academic Teaching is given every year by the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) starting in 1991. Vassilis Xanthopoulos and Stephanos Pnevmatikos, Professors at the University of Crete and members of FORTH, were murdered in the evening of November 27, 1990, at Heraklion while teaching an advanced seminar"

Now let's stop this and get back on track. Become a politician if you wan't to force your outdated opinions upon other people.

This started with someone asking if there were any possibilities for future border changes within Europe.
And i kindly replied to him that there were several places where the possibilities are there. And one of those places happened to be northern greece and the cham issue. And i was only pointing out that it will be looked at in Hague during the next couple of years.
So i was not taking sides, i was not suggesting anything, i was just pointing out a legit issue which can have an impact on borders(or at least relation between countries) sometime in the next 5-50 years.
The reason that i showed this video was to show that it is not something i am making up. Even award winning GREEK academics are saying the same thing as me.
I can also find the official website of the court of Hague and show you the unrestricted parts of the official documents if that is what you want.
And if you don't like the facts, that an legal issue will be raised soon, then keep your eyes closed. But reality won't change anyway, you will still watch it happen on TV within your lifetime.

this a reward given to Physics and Mathematics,

'Here is a description of the award.
"Award for Excellence in Academic Teaching is given every year by the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) starting in 1991. Vassilis Xanthopoulos and Stephanos Pnevmatikos, Professors at the University of Crete and members of FORTH, were murdered in the evening of November 27, 1990, at Heraklion while teaching an advanced seminar"'

Ξανθοπουλος and rest were murdered and shot by an after diploma student,
the murderer was found hanged on a tree,

now in Greece also Ρεπουση took big awards,
but where is she now?
also Φιλλης.

besides many rewards are given in Greece,
and this reward you mention must have to do with Mathematics and Physics.
or new methods of teaching, not with the scientific work, someone provide

and the international reward is only for Gravity and relativity if remember correct.
a friend of mine and also fellow student at high school (Λυκειον) pass from his hands
and now she is abroad at USA at a reasearch center

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilis_C._Xanthopoulos

anyway honored by that reward does mean honor to her work, neither to the this video

Ρεπουση also has honors, but that does mean her views are accepted.

Φιλης also has his

WHAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS THE BELLOW.

Karl Max was a good οικονομολογος (economics) but this does not mean he is correct
Albert Einstein is considered genius, yet his stance against quantum (God does plays with cubes) can easily clasiffy him as idiot
the Chicago economic school, etc etc have theories, but does not mean are correct.

to end
FALLAMEYER ALSO IS CONSIDERED UNIGUE.
BUT GENETICS SHOW DIFFERENT THAN HIS CLAIMS

so IN GREECE, WE HAVE DEMOCRACY, AND EVERYONE CAN SAY WHAT EVER HE LIKES.

All the census of Greek state show clearly the numbers and population and areas of Arvanites.
BESIDES IN GREECE IT IS NOT A SHAME TO BE AN ARVANITIS.
but rather a cleronomical honor

as it is in your country to say I am Greek Epirotis (do not tell me Ireland)

They give several kinds of awards i think. But the one that Maria got is for excellence in academic teaching. In other words, she is such a good teacher, that she got an award for her teaching.

She teaches history, not mathematics or physics.

The award is just named after Vassilis Xanthopoulos and Stephanos Pnevmatikos, because they were murdered while lecturing in 1991. And they were physicians and mathematicians. But that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria Eftimiou won an award for academic teaching(within her field, history, of course)

Now just because Alfred Nobel was a chemist doesn't mean that they don't give Nobel prices in literature or other disciplines than chemistry :heart:

Chams would have been alright and still live in that area should they have not assisted the Nazi Germans--I do not mean all of the Cham population. That was the main reason Napoleon Zervas and his squad did what they did.

By and large, Albanians are seen badly by the rest of the Balkans because they became Muslims and assisted the Turks. The truth hurts unfortunately and it is sad that many Albanians turned to become Mohammedans when Skanderbeg faught with such passion the Turks and kept Kruja and the vicinity Ottoman free for a quarter of a century.

Yes, i wrote 40-60% because i hadn't watched the video myself for a while. I just remembered that the proportions of Romi and Arvanite was 40/60.
But now that you correct me, i will edit my first post. But anyway, the 40% kinda still underlines my point :)
And these are not territorial delusions. I am a very objective, and i am just trying to point out that folks like you are very wrong, and that you are not even backed up by your own academics :)
I like greeks. No. I actually love greeks, or else i wouldn't take a 6 year long faculty where we read about nothing but the ancients greeks and romans.
I probably write and read ancient greek better than you :)
But nevertheless, i do not wan't any small unschooled village boy to come here and ruin how i see greeks. I actually don't care that you don't want to learn.
For me it is enough that your most acknowledged historian say the same things as me, and not the same things as you :)
To me, that is an indication that the modern greek lies are dying out, and that eventually Greece will recognize the Cham issue, and that someday greeks and albanians can be brothers again.
But there are a specific kind of greek individuals, and some albanians, who are just throwing fuel on the fire, instead of using that fuel constructively.
The most important thing though, is that scholars like myself and Maria Eftimiu are constructing reality in the form of books and lecture. While people like you are just trying to promote hatred through diverse forums.
Trust me, the scholars will win soon, because we have the Ethos that you lack :)

They give several kinds of awards i think. But the one that Maria got is for excellence in academic teaching. In other words, she is such a good teacher, that she got an award for her teaching.

then she took the reward for importing new methods of teaching.
the excellence in this reward has to do with new methods.

There was a period that called for the "Megali Idea" in Greece during Venizelos' period. Greece through wars became larger and larger incorporating most of the Greeks outside motherland. The last stage of "Megali Idea" was played in Asia Minor, in the so called Asia Minor Expedition, where we lost the war to the Neo-Turks (Kemalists). Ten years of continuous march of the Greek army, from the Balkan wars till now, stopped at Sangarios (Sakarya) river. This catastrophe eradicated the 3,000 years of continuous Greek inhabitance in Asia Minor. A population exchange followed afterwards and high ranked generals and politicians were hanged.

We Greeks, at least most of us, are risen to remember what was ours time and again. Naturally, this leads us to specific traits and behaviors. Make no mistake about that.

I'm not quite sure I'm following the logic here. Is this just code for proposing a change of borders in accordance with hotly contested versions of medieval history?

Honestly, from an outsider, I think your time would be better spent figuring out how to increase prosperity and quality of life for people no matter where they are.

The award is just named after Vassilis Xanthopoulos and Stephanos Pnevmatikos, because they were murdered while lecturing in 1991. And they were physicians and mathematicians. But that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria Eftimiou won an award for academic teaching(within her field, history, of course)

Now just because Alfred Nobel was a chemist doesn't mean that they don't give Nobel prices in literature or other disciplines than chemistry :heart:

Xanthopoulos had a big program that cost a lot to Greek citizens,
that all his lessons were via Computer, it was considered a new method

Okay you actually just made my day Diomedes and Yetos.
Your complete lack of ability to learn, understand and bring about legit arguments amaze me.
It just confirms to me that i don't even have to spend my time teaching you, because no one will ever listen to you in real life anyways.
Not even your own educational system. Your educational system i actually teaches it's students the exact opposite of what you believe in.
Take your conspiracy theories to the youtube comments section instead.
I am out of this thread. Write all the non-sense you want to now.

But i don't want to call myself a greek suddently, just because the ancient greeks are suddently glorified the last 300 years :)
300 years ago no one called themselves greeks, there were some who called themselves romi(modern greek speakers) and then there were arvanites(albanian speakers). But when ancient hellens suddently started to get academic attention, all the romis and most arvanites started to call themselves hellens, even though they hadn't called themselves that for almost 2000 years. Many words which were slavic and turkic got replaced by the words they saw in the ancient texts and inscriptions.
I admit i am arvanite. There is nothing wrong with being realistic :)

Νo Man you are an Arvanitis,
you are a Χαλδουπις and Ντουντουμις

cause even in the time you mention he was Γραικος Greek
250px-%CE%91%CE%B8%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%AC%CF%83%CE%B9%CE%BF%CF%82_%CE%94%CE%B9%CE%AC%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%82._%CE%9B%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B9_%CF%83%CE%B5_%CF%87%CE%B1%CF%81%CF%84%CF%8C%CE%BD%CE%B9._%CE%98%CE%B5%CF%8C%CF%86%CE%B9%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%82.jpg

και κανεις Χαλδουπις δεν τον λυπηθηκε, να του φυτεψει μια σφαιρα.

αυτος ηταν ο αρχηγος Xαλδουπις
170px-Omer_Vrionis.jpg

θα σε ευχαριστουσε πολυ να μας εκανες οτι εκανε και αυτος, σωστα?
δλδ οτι εκανε ο Αλβανος και ο στρατος των Αλβανων σε Ελληνες και Αρβανιτες.
μνημη χρυσοψαρου.

Good night Dudumi.

WHAT AMAZES ME,
Eythymioy and Demopoulos and Kollias etc etc say they were numerous,
IN FACT I WILL USE YOUR WORDS.

IF EYTHYMIOY IS CORRECT
- She also mentions how 40% percent of Greece were in fact Albanians 200 years ago, but most have been assimilated by now.

- She lists all greek surnames which have an albanian origin(so DIOMEDES and LATGAL, check if your surnames are listed ;) my surname was listed )

- She points out how greece was almost empty due to wars and plague, so byzantines and venetians invited albanians to protect the greek citites.

THEN WHY AT ΤΡΟΙΖΗΝΑ and rest Εθνοσυνελευσεις we do not see this.
REMEMBER TROIZENA WAS EVEN BEFORE GREEK STATE, AND ARVANITES WERE THERE.
SO IF AS CLAIM WERE 40% what happened there?

Simply memory of goldfish and a lie,
I do not need more,
Just when Troizena gathering happened.
and what happened there if Albanians were 40% of state.

YOU ARE NOT AN ARBANITIS, YOU ARE AN ALBANIAN PLAYING THAT HE IS ARBANITIS

Please, mention the parts you do not agree. Then we will look at historical facts and try to understand whether the statements I made are wrong.

Your complete lack of ability to learn, understand and bring about legit arguments amaze me.

Various stuff

As I said, I'm not interested in retreading this particular ground extensively. Euthymiou was wrong about her 40%, nonetheless, which was basically an off-hand comment in a casual video of all things that dealt with a much broader topic (in relation to that, she also mentions a specific Ottoman census which covered only the Northeast Peloponnese which was heavily settled by Albanians and so wouldn't be representative of the general area even in Medieval times, this has been covered in the past). This is clear if you look at the actual non-Greek estimates from the first Greek kingdom that speak of a max ~20% of Albanian speakers. That's all I'll say on that matter since it's gotten boring.

As for your reply to the OP, sure, I agree but I'm allowed to evaluate your comments like "Eventually al these areas will come home to where they belong" as well in turn. Nothing wrong with that.

Either way, what Yetos and Diomedes are posting now are equivalent comments to yours, just from the national Greek perspective. Enjoy I guess. (y)

@ Latgal

the census of Greek state had always mention about non Greek speakers,
Arbanites were about 50 000 to 150 000 at first Greek state.
and even till 1990's
not even 10 %, and they were gathered in certain areas.

Oh, i completely forgot about you.
Let me do it short for you too, and ill be out.
1. My comments were nothing like Diomedes and Yetos. I was just reciting a greek acknowledged scholar. Or maybe Maria Eftimiu(a greek) is also an albanian nationalist according to you?:LOL:
2. She isn't only talking about Peloponessos. But Almost the whole of Greece, including Euboia, Boetia, Cycladic Island, Attica, Epirus and several others. you obviously didn't watch the video for more than 10 minutes.
3. I told you not to comment if you didn't have the abilities to watch it to the end. My first comment was directed only at people with enough capacity to watch an 1 hour lecture.
4. I am out my friends. Enjoy your delusions you three guys ;)

@ Latgal

the census of Greek state had always mention about non Greek speakers,
Arbanites were about 50 000 to 150 000 at first Greek state.
and even till 1990's
not even 10 %, and they were gathered in certain areas.

There were various estimates. Biris collects them all in his book with some critical discussion. A max of 20% is noted though various estimates are given, as you wrote.

Oh, i completely forgot about you.
Let me do it short for you too, and ill be out.
1. My comments were nothing like Diomedes and Yetos. I was just reciting a greek acknowledged scholar.
2. She isn't only talking about Peloponessos. But Almost the whole of Greece, including Euboia, Boetia, Cycladic Island, Attica, Epirus and several others. you obviously didn't watch the video for more than 10 minutes.
3. I told you not to comment if you didn't have the abilities to watch it to the end. My first comment was directed only at people with enough capacity to watch an 1 hour lecture.
4. I am out my friends. Enjoy your delusions you three guys ;)

You misunderstood what I wrote. Her overall reference was specifically to the first Greek kingdom. It includes the areas you mentioned except Epirus. My comment in parentheses about the Peloponnese was about her immediate reference after, to the Ottoman census in specifically Corinthia (in the northeast Peloponnese).

As for your comments, I won't take your own word for what exactly they represent. We can just agree to disagree on that.

This same discussion every other week...

If you have good arguments, why leave?

P.S. LATGAL must be a broette.

I am out my friends. Enjoy your delusions you three guys ;)

If you have good arguments, why leave?
Because if your own scholars won't even listen to your theories, why should i then?
If you were able to learn, i think you would have learned by now.
I don't get paid to convince you of anything.
Therefore, as many good arguments as i may have, you do not deserve them.

A scholar who does not want to disseminate his knowledge, no true scholar he is.

P.S. What do you mean when you say "won't even listen to your theories". Which theories are you talking about?

Because if your own scholars won't even listen to your theories, why should i then?
If you were able to learn, i think you would have learned by now.
I don't get paid to convince you of anything.
Therefore, as many good arguments as i may have, you do not deserve them.

A scholar who does not want to disseminate his knowledge, no true scholar he is.
Hehe, never heard such an absurd sentence. Of course scholars choose wisely who they teach. Why bother disseminating anything before a crowd where the disseminated material will not be understood anyway.
Watch the video if you want to hear approximately what i believe in.

This thread has been viewed 39396 times.

Back