Crime Another terrorist attack on Brussels Central Station

bicicleur 2

Reaction score
just for the record, yesterday there was another attempted attack in Brussels Central Station by a radical Islamist

there was a small explosion
the attacker was shot down
several more explosives have been found and disabled
no victims reported
thanks to swift action of police and military

it is sad, but we need permanent military presence in Brussels
the Belgian intelligence service says several terrorist attacks have been prevented

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ts-and-cafes-ordered-shut-as-it-happened.html

The worst part is that he was "known to police." Great way to demonstrate the lack of ability of police to prevent attacks from radicalized citizens.

If you had told me 20 years ago that Europe would be getting hit with daily terror attacks, I'd have thought you were crazy.

The police can only do so much in terms of surveillance. Watching one suspect would require three 8 hour shifts a day. Multiply that by 7, then by 52, then by however many years. Add in all the auxiliary support staff and equipment. What if Belgium has 2000 suspects?

It can't be done even here with out resources. Last I heard the FBI had 12,000 people on their "list".

The police can only do so much in terms of surveillance. Watching one suspect would require three 8 hour shifts a day. Multiply that by 7, then by 52, then by however many years. Add in all the auxiliary support staff and equipment. What if Belgium has 2000 suspects?

It can't be done even here with out resources. Last I heard the FBI had 12,000 people on their "list".

True, the FBI had been warned specifically of the Boston Bombers.

just for the record, yesterday there was another attempted attack in Brussels Central Station by a radical Islamist

there was a small explosion
the attacker was shot down
several more explosives have been found and disabled
no victims reported
thanks to swift action of police and military

it is sad, but we need permanent military presence in Brussels
the Belgian intelligence service says several terrorist attacks have been prevented

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ts-and-cafes-ordered-shut-as-it-happened.html

Good job. Kudos to Belgian police.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

the politicians claim they have everything under controll, but if you make the calculus, knowing what manpower is needed and what it costs to guard just 1 man 24/7 and you know how many Syria fighters came back, it is pretty obvious that this is bullshit

this man was not monitored, he was a Morroccan living in Molenbeek and had a record as drug criminal and for sexual offense, but he was not known to have extreme Islamist sympathies
it is sheer luck that the first explosion only succeeded halfway and that there was military on the street and in the train station who did a very good job

there are some pretty sick people walking amoungst us infected by some pretty sick ideology and more of this shit will happen for sure, but it seems people are not getting intimidated by all this, after all the number of casualties these lunatics can make on an annual basis is still far less than the number of traffic casualties

there are other places in the world though where these people are able to destabilise and controll a whole region or country, I find that more worriesome

This thread has been viewed 5358 times.

Back