Robots to replace humans in all work within 120 years

When will robots completely replace humans?

• Next 50 years

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Next 120 years

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Next 200 years

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Next 300 years

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Never

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
They are already very useful for "chatting." You can use one of the online chatbots today to fight for your time against pesky sales calls.
Just consider the effectiveness of Lenny and he is using only about 13 phrases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSoOrlh5i1k

I love the sound of geese or ducks in the background during the "conversation". Very funny.

Yep AI is improving a lot with new features of robots being used already. Even in networking there is now a software type network being used meaning anyone can edit and use the network if they want. However in 120 years i think the tech side of it will be one of the major components oh the world. However no matter how robotic things may get. There will still be always problems to deal with.....

This will probably become one of the major political issues of the near future. Without any increase in demand for alternative (yet also unskilled) employment, capitalism won't be able to sustain itself. Without a plan to distribute the wealth and make all humanity more or less a leisure class, then mass poverty will unravel society. Just because something can be achieved technologically doesn't mean it can be accomplished politically.

This will probably become one of the major political issues of the near future. Without any increase in demand for alternative (yet also unskilled) employment, capitalism won't be able to sustain itself. Without a plan to distribute the wealth and make all humanity more or less a leisure class, then mass poverty will unravel society. Just because something can be achieved technologically doesn't mean it can be accomplished politically.
You are very dystopian, but read this:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34400-Robots-are-destroying-cashflow-in-economy
One of the solution is already in works, and tried on small scale in couple of countries, and it is called Guaranteed Income.
And read this:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/32304-What-would-people-do-when-robots-produce-everything

At least 300 years or more, in 120 years I do not think so, there are too many things to fix before 120 years.

I think robots will bring the end of the traditional family, the world population will be reduced because immortality will have been achieved, many continents will be natural parks with current species and others that will have been resurrected. They will have robots as sexual partners or as a company.

I believe the technology is mostly already here, its the practicallity of construction,and implementation that will take time, and I do not think it will be too long,possibly within the next century, if we survive that long. Human progression has developed mostly through War, and at the present time we are developing robotic weapons and counter defences that much depend on humans, but not for long. 'Terminator' probably already exists.

i feel like the image of robotic utopias/dystopias exists to contextualize the "future" under an accelerationist modernism...

Many of simple repetitive manufacturing jobs are already gone in Japan/Germany/Korea and starting to disappear in China, USA and other countries. Truck and taxi driving jobs are likely to all but disappear in 20+ years. Same is predicted for accounting and fast food industry. Any repetitive jobs can easily be programmed and automated.

I agree that the jobs where academic thinking is required and where human touch is needed will still need real people to do them.

At work, we are already using a lot of machines to do the job for us, they help us do the job faster and more efficiently. Computers store the information well in the system. Say if there is a fire or some other accidents in the office, the system of the company will still have the information saved. We need to do a backup of the information we put in the system from time to time to prevent a sudden shut down of the system due to things like power cut or something. Machines can break down, and humans will still be needed to sort out issues when those things happen.

For work? Androids and robots would replace us outright. But its probably the best interest of the world for this to happen in the future

There's always more questions than answers. Who needs to work yet who wants to work? Is manuel labor just for the poor? Robitics has the potential to answer more question than were ready for answer.

The technology continues to evolve, as will our collective understanding of the economic implications. Indeed, we highlight some of the limitations of our analysis and scenarios, and areas for further research.

The report builds on our previous research on labor markets, incomes, skills, and the expanding range of models of work, including the gig economy, as well as the potential impacts on the global economy of digitization, automation, robotics, and artificial intelligence.

The facts speak about more than maids and butlers.

Scientists at the Allen Institute have used machine learning to train computers to see parts of the cell the human eye cannot easily distinguish.

A deep neural network running on an ordinary desktop computer is interpreting highly technical data related to national security as well as and sometimes better than — today's best automated methods or even human experts.

Having the insights of the price of a divided society and the how each continues to add to the inequality offer some interesting possibilities.
Each specific question challenges the answers that seem to wonder that something define could or would make it all alright.

I quess after it been all said and done that feasibility of hate may not have been programmed yet.

Thanks for sharing I hope the need to understand can help us all to be Beyond Reality's hopes and balance.
Robots are guarding our shores the systematic attacks that focus the drone's missions from hell.

Yet the targets continue to change the landscape.
The Robots that replace the maids and the butlers seems a bit another tool kit speaking from the devil of his of her promised of ever lasting fire and chills.

I don't think, robots will ever replace humans in reality. We have one thing that is more powerful than any other thing in the universe. Consciousness and Organic/Natural intelligence.

No robot or machine can outsmart humans in these two aspects. They might become clever than humans but not smarter than humans. Machines and robots works on algorithms written by humans. I don't believe these algorithms have the efficiency to think and act naturally like humans.

Not even in the far future, machines will ever surpass humans.

This thread has been viewed 29132 times.

Back