What happens to the children of mass rape in war time?

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Nothing much good without lots of intervention and help. Apparently, as I suspected, the children are often aborted, killed at birth, or abandoned. It's all so awful. There was no mass rape in Italy during the war, thank-God, but it happened. I never, ever, heard of infanticide, but there were apparently midwives and even some doctors who would abort the fetus, and if not, the child usually went into an orphanage. That was the case even if it wasn't rape. The consequences for having been with the enemy voluntarily were severe; beatings and having your head shaved were just starters.

See:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/wo...-age-against-the-odds/?utm_term=.b6f4781b2d57

No mass rape in Italy during WWII? What about the Marochinate? Thousands of Italian women were raped in a few days by Moroccan troops serving in the French army.

"Marocchinate (Italian for "those given the Moroccan treatment" meaning "women raped by Moroccans") is a term applied to women who were victims of the mass rape and killings committed during World War II after the Battle of Monte Cassino in Italy. These were committed mainly by the Moroccan Goumiers, colonial troops of the French Expeditionary Corps (FEC), commanded by General Alphonse Juin."

"Monte Cassino was captured by the Allies on May 18, 1944. The next night, thousands of Goumiers and other colonial troops scoured the slopes of the hills surrounding the town and the villages of Ciociaria (in South Latium). Italian victims' associations such as Associazione Nazionale Vittime delle Marocchinate alleged that 60,000 women, ranging in age from 11 to 86, suffered from violence, when village after village came under control of the Goumiers. Civilian men who tried to protect their wives and daughters were murdered. The number of men killed has been estimated at 800. In fact, due to incomplete reports of the crimes, a precise account is impossible.

The mayor of Esperia, a comune in the Province of Frosinone, reported that in his town, 700 women out of 2,500 inhabitants were raped resulting in many deaths. According to Italian victims associations, a total of more than 7,000 civilians, including children, were raped by Goumiers. "

Last edited:
No mass rape in Italy during WWII? What about the Marochinate? Thousands of Italian women were raped in a few days by Moroccan troops serving in the French army.

"Marocchinate (Italian for "those given the Moroccan treatment" meaning "women raped by Moroccans") is a term applied to women who were victims of the mass rape and killings committed during World War II after the Battle of Monte Cassino in Italy. These were committed mainly by the Moroccan Goumiers, colonial troops of the French Expeditionary Corps (FEC), commanded by General Alphonse Juin."

"Monte Cassino was captured by the Allies on May 18, 1944. The next night, thousands of Goumiers and other colonial troops scoured the slopes of the hills surrounding the town and the villages of Ciociaria (in South Latium). Italian victims' associations such as Associazione Nazionale Vittime delle Marocchinate alleged that 60,000 women, ranging in age from 11 to 86, suffered from violence, when village after village came under control of the Goumiers. Civilian men who tried to protect their wives and daughters were murdered. The number of men killed has been estimated at 800. In fact, due to incomplete reports of the crimes, a precise account is impossible.

The mayor of Esperia, a comune in the Province of Frosinone, reported that in his town, 700 women out of 2,500 inhabitants were raped resulting in many deaths. According to Italian victims associations, a total of more than 7,000 civilians, including children, were raped by Goumiers. "

You're right. I was careless in writing my post. I meant in my part of Italy.

The savagery of war and strife. Unfortunately, the weak suffer what they must.

Apparently people do not understand how war works. Still living in their dream with unicorns.

Plus, they did not get the whole phraseology either. It is sad to see that some people lack basic knowledge of classics.

The savagery of war and strife. Unfortunately, the weak suffer what they must.

What they must?

There is no must in human affairs. Men have free will. Even in war men can choose to behave with dignity and honor, or like rabid animals.

The thing to do with rabid animals, in animal or human form, is to kill or execute them....after a fair trial of course, if the perpetrator has the outward trappings of a human being.

This applies in criminal court rooms as in military tribunals. There isn't a much more meaningful career, in my opinion, than to spend one's time prosecuting such crimes. Also, I do believe in the death penalty for people like this; current punishment levels are in many cases far too lenient, imo. There are some crimes which call for that punishment, and this is one of them.

^ The ethical point of you is one thing, reality is another. Most people in war do not follow ethics.

This thread has been viewed 5251 times.

Back